PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of bloody PIGS

log_roller
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Any other chilliwack boys or girls getting tired of the piggish *******s leaving there messes all over? I caught some dip shat yesterday trying to dump his trailer full of old shingles and debris up tammahi He was confronted by myself and 2 of my cousins and he was bullied into cleaning up what he had dumped , I know its observe and report but who's going to clean up that pigs mess? I cant stand littering , Theres another spot up tammahi past the old log loader alot of people know about its up an old skidder road and lately thats been a dumping ground too unfortunatly by shooters , I spent a good 2 hours piling all she shat laying around like ply wood targets and anything else burnable in a big pile and burning it , there was everything you could think of laying around people had used for targets and just left , including propane tanks of all sizes that I took with me to dispose of properly spray paint cans ,gi joes even a string of x mas lights , I picked up 3 plastic grocery bags full of spent shells of all sorts mostly shotgun , people wonder why there are gates all over the place I'm sure alot of it has to do with the littering because there not all put in by logging company's , this weekend I'm going back up there with a rake to clean up all the glass from the shot up TVs , Its a good safe spot to shoot that I know some members of hunt BC use they bring there kids and other family up there and I know there not the ones making the mess because I have shot there with them and they always packed out there mess , I go up there quite often and its getting out of control , for those of you in chilliwack or near to chilliwack who want a close fun and safe spot to shoot head up chilliwack lake road go over the tammahi bridge where they kayak and hang your first right down the dirt road then hang your first left and go up the road about 4 ks or so you will come to a junction where you can go left, right or straight up , you want to go straight up you will pass an old log loader on the right thats part of the landscape now drive up the road about 200 yards and on your left there will be an old road/ skidder trail that is blocked off by big rocks and a fallen tree thats the spot, if you guys use this spot and find a bit of a mess would you please throw some of it in a pile I will burn it when I go up there and haul away the larger crap , I'm just trying to keep it a good place to shoot , it would be the shats to find a big yellow gate at the bottom of the road put there by forestry because of a bunch of pigs
enjoy:mrgreen:

BlacktailStalker
03-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Lots of losers like that.
Roads like that serve no purpose, people wonder why our back country access is blocked and de activated. Reasons just like this...

ruger#1
03-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Thats why i target practice behind a locked gate. It stays clean and keeps the drunken pigs out.

ChilliwackWinchester
03-15-2010, 05:02 PM
For sure I'll do that if I head up there Log Roller. I, like you really despise the mess.

lilhoss
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Should have reported him as well.The Co's work for the environment ministry and love issuing fines.We have a few in town here and work with them all the time via the rod & gun club.Even though you made him pick it up,he still can be charged if you had 3 witnesses,it's a good chance.Take back the hills and make 'em pay.It's a start.It happens all over the province.Worse now because people can't afford to pay or won't pay at the dumps.Good on ya for making the moron clean up his mess.

ChilliwackWinchester
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Should have reported him as well.The Co's work for the environment ministry and love issuing fines.We have a few in town here and work with them all the time via the rod & gun club.Even though you made him pick it up,he still can be charged if you had 3 witnesses,it's a good chance.Take back the hills and make 'em pay.It's a start.It happens all over the province.Worse now because people can't afford to pay or won't pay at the dumps.Good on ya for making the moron clean up his mess.

it's true, should have reported him anyways. It's probable that he'll just head to a different FSR and dump it anyways. I would have taken pics with my cell first and captured his license plate in one of them.

log_roller
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
we should have like it was said unfortunately he probably dumped it somewhere else

snareman1234
03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Good on yea, what a great thing you are doing
I was actually thinking of doing some cleanup of my own.

I trap the valley, so I have covered lots of ground around it, and I agree, people are dumping garbage everywhere. The side roads just past Thurston Prison are messes, up at the top of the first side road past thurston, is a clear cut, with atleast 10 tv's, washer, dryers, random plastic junk, and thousands of shells, its a disgrace to anyone who owns a gun.

The bench road acces from the west, through slesse park, before getting up to bench, on the switch backs, there is tons of garbage

and towards foley lake, garbage by the bridge.

I commend you for getting that guy to clean it all up, I am absolutely fed up with all the polluters.

Just wait until may long, your disgust will only grow,
I was doing some beaver trapping for the hatchery last may, went up to check my traps before the weekend, and when I went back up during the weekend, there were litterally hundreds of poeple everywhere. ( there was even a van full of asian people who had lawnchairs out on the side of the road and they were all sitting in a row looking into the bush, lol what a wild experience, I passed withing 2 ft of their backs lol) anways, when I went back up after the weekend to check traps again. everyone one of the little pull over campsites was just a mess, I was actually sickened, and quite sad.

Again, good on yea.

Ubertuber
03-15-2010, 07:49 PM
When I take my kids plinking or fishing we usually end up with a pile of someone's garbage in the back of the truck.
What pisses me off is when people fall or hack at trees in FS campgrounds. Those sites will never be like they used to be 25-30 years ago as no sapling withing 100 yards has a chance to grow.

300rocknroll
03-15-2010, 08:29 PM
there is just to much of that going on. i have seen it as well, pigs!!!. nothing will change until the access is blocked. i vote close those roads.

log_roller
03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I know all those areas very well I know of a few spots that look like ww3 and I for one am at my snap point with the garbage people leave behind , especially the folly lake area I went camping last year and my wife and I spent the good part of our morning cleaning up the site I am sure hoping its not locals who are responsible for this, its becoming a dumping ground for stolen cars ,I reported 3 last year and I came across a suicide scene just past the tammahi bridge.the long weekends contribute to the bulk of the crap left behind by partyers that flock in from the city I think there should be a stronger police presence up there working together with forestry to curb all the BS that goes on , I have thought long and hard on this one and came to the conclusion 2 wrongs don't make a right , I have felt like falling big fir trees across the entrances to some of these pullouts to keep the rif raf out but that would also punish the good guys so instead ill probably just drive around with a camcorder along with other people I know who have had enough and take plate numbers and hand it off to the appropriate authority's , maybe if people started getting huge fines and word got out about it that the locals are pissed and people are watching and doing something about it this behavior would end

snareman1234
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I have felt like falling big fir trees across the entrances to some of these pullouts to keep the rif raf out but that would also punish the good guys so instead ill probably just drive around with a camcorder along

Ha thats funny you say that

I had my saw in the back of the truck and almost fell a big cottonwood across the road after I cleaned up a mess, but didnt for the same reasons as you

I wanted to set up my trail cam at campsite and get all the people littering, but that would definatley be an invasion of privacy lol

I think there should be a stronger police presence up there working together with forestry to curb all the BS that goes on
I agree, another great point, lol althought everyday I go up there at 80+km/h, I pray I dont see my first cop up there lol,

Always tons of undercover SUV cop rigs going up there, but never regular cops, its brutal,

do you work for forestry log roller?

Oh, by the way, anyone know when the vedder river cleanup day is? I definately want to be in on that

log_roller
03-15-2010, 08:43 PM
there is just to much of that going on. i have seen it as well, pigs!!!. nothing will change until the access is blocked. i vote close those roads.

I tend to disagree with the total closure but I would be in favor of some kind of service fee for popular areas such as chilliwack lake road / chipmunk and tammahi during peak times of the year kind of like a park access fee with a ranger station , Being local I would even pay say 20 bucks to access this area the money raised could go towards the upkeep of the area and keep it clean, partying kids and trouble makers might be scared off by the fee and the checkpoints

pnbrock
03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
i dont even bother going to the wack, to much of a gong show on weekends ,as a teen i was guilty of partying in those sites.now older and im sure whats going on there is 10 times worse than what we were doin.

log_roller
03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree, another great point, lol althought everyday I go up there at 80+km/h, I pray I dont see my first cop up there lol,

Always tons of undercover SUV cop rigs going up there, but never regular cops, its brutal,

do you work for forestry log roller?

Oh, by the way, anyone know when the vedder river cleanup day is? I definately want to be in on that[/quote]

I think everyones been tagged speeding up chilliwack lake road, I got mine a couple of years back ,I'm a logger I work up chilliwack lake sometimes , and I would also like to volunteer to help with the clean up unfortunately I don't know when it is

yamadirt 426
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
No closures and no fees. STRONG ENFORCEMENT is the key. We pay friggin taxes allready. The cops go after a ton of crap they don't really have to IMO. Better spent time in the bush even just for the spring and summer. After a few seasons the pigs(litterer) will always be watching their backs. There is always a pig(litterer) around but thats because they are getting away with it. Im sick of close this, close that, fee, fee, fee. Frig that. Presence is key.

snareman1234
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I would also like to volunteer to help with the clean up unfortunately I don't know when it is

Going to be one April 17th, suppoed to sign up at blue heron reserve

snareman1234
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Presence is key

Except presence isnt free

and if the valley gets more presence, we are happy, but that means other parts of chilliwack get less presence, meaning unhappy people there

hunter1947
03-16-2010, 04:38 AM
Good for you making him clean up this garbage he put there you should be proud of your selfs for doing this http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

dawn2dusk
03-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Good for you making him clean up this garbage he put there you should be proud of your selfs for doing this http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

x2 on this. Thank you brother for looking after the woods. May your good carma be rewarded this season when LEH is drawn.

walnutz
03-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I tend to disagree with the total closure but I would be in favor of some kind of service fee for popular areas such as chilliwack lake road / chipmunk and tammahi during peak times of the year kind of like a park access fee with a ranger station , Being local I would even pay say 20 bucks to access this area the money raised could go towards the upkeep of the area and keep it clean, partying kids and trouble makers might be scared off by the fee and the checkpoints

I agree with that idea!!Makes alot of sence and would keep all the little pricks that leave there shit everywere hopefully at home!!

walnutz
03-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Since it seems alot of you are very familiar with that area i was just wondering if theres any spots up there that are good for some longer distance shooting and skeets??Ive been up there a few times but usually only find 20-30 yrd areas with a safe backdrop to shoot into.I would like to go somewere else if possible.Thanks.Also road conditon is not an issue.Cheers

log_roller
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Since it seems alot of you are very familiar with that area i was just wondering if theres any spots up there that are good for some longer distance shooting and skeets??Ive been up there a few times but usually only find 20-30 yrd areas with a safe backdrop to shoot into.I would like to go somewere else if possible.Thanks.Also road conditon is not an issue.Cheers

PM Sent enjoy:mrgreen:

whitebirdfeathers
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Well put Log Roller. I live out in chilliwack and am constantly amazed at what put dump in the bush.
Keep up the great work.

muledeercrazy
03-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Other people are irresponsible and not very good stewards of the environment and your vote is take away access for everyone? Honestly, people like you make me sick. I hate the idea of constantly working to the lowest denominator in society!

skeletalmachine
03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Other people are irresponsible and not very good stewards of the environment and your vote is take away access for everyone? Honestly, people like you make me sick. I hate the idea of constantly working to the lowest denominator in society!

Isn't that the basis of western society?

Anyhow, the garbage up there is definitely out of control. Insanity in general really. I can't even count how many abandonned campfires I've put out. Huge piles of garbage everywhere after sunny weekends. And if the garbage wasn't enough, I saw two guys shooting spawning chum on the river on the old Nesakwatch road.

log_roller
03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Isn't that the basis of western society?

Anyhow, the garbage up there is definitely out of control. Insanity in general really. I can't even count how many abandonned campfires I've put out. Huge piles of garbage everywhere after sunny weekends. And if the garbage wasn't enough, I saw two guys shooting spawning chum on the river on the old Nesakwatch road.

Like I said bloody Pigs

snareman1234
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Lol, new open season, pigs up the chilliwack valley, archery only, blunt tips :)

ruger#1
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
It's the same on the Mission side, We have idiots all over the province.

300H&H
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Log Roller...THANKS for doing more than your part to keep our forest clean.

Your a good guy !

bruin
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Log Roller...THANKS for doing more than your part to keep our forest clean.

Your a good guy !

X2, thanks Log Roller.

cybertoad
03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I like snareman have also been trapping in the valley. Garbage and the idiots just piss me off. I have also help a little and have taken some garbage I found out. No offence to all the guys that are respectful of the woods and target practice in a responsible manner but I think anything west of Hope should be closed to target practice outside of hunting season. If you want to target practice that much, get out of town or join a gun club. I am also not against the user fee...AS LONG AS money goes back into the area. There are numerous people camping even now, and there are no out houses anywhere for use. I would patrol before a long weekend, then during a long weekend to record license numbers and again after the long weekend. Anyone found leaving a huge mess should be fined. We need more people able to patrol and fine... a user fee could also support that...or get the ability for good samaratans like log roller to be trained to partrol and issue fines...no 3 people to witness. Pictures from a single witness and issues fines.

chevy001
09-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't get it, for the cost of the time, and gas to go dump up there it would be cheaper to dump at the bloody dump. I say let's have an open season on A-Holes!!

Ltbullken
09-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Good on you for doing that. I think if you reported it with license plate number, description, etc., and even take a photo with a cell phone camera (if you have one), the guy will get fined and told by the CO's to either clean it up or get a bill for the clean up. What a**holes!! :evil:

Gateholio
09-06-2010, 12:17 PM
How about a "neighborhood watch" style program, with HIGHLY VISIBLE volunteers with video recorders recording infractions and/or loaded trucks heading up the road and empty trucks coming back?

Signage and shame works well...

hardnocks
09-06-2010, 12:21 PM
You fellas are all wrong they will get no fine`s . I was a member of wilderness watch. And turned in many dumpers even had pictures i just wasted my time.the salmon arm wilderness watch never saw any fines handed out . dumpers are not important enough for the courts to bother with.

the best way i think is to load it up find where they live and dump it on there lawn.

curt
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Well the river is no different all these as* wipes from the city come to enjoy the snag fishery and leave everything they pack into their fishing spot laying on the bloody river bank. It is a joke seeing how this happens to be my back yard i wonder how these clowns would like me dumping all my garbage in theirs yards. I taken my kids down there once already to clean up the banks and left another garbage bag there tied to a tree. I went back a week or 2 later and it was over flowing, but just left siting there, not one person thought to take it out i just dont get it???

Phreddy
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm always tempted to dig through the trash til I find an addressed envelope or magazine and then box al the stuff up and send it back to them collect by bus or courier.

Stéphane
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
On May long weekend, I wanted to go fishing, so I woke up Saturday morning at 5:30 and headed for Foley Lake. Dear God! Talk about a mess. I turned around I was shaking mad. Cars parked on each side with drunken kids spilled everywhere. And garbage all over, of course. When I posted it on a hiking website, one guy called me a drama queen. So later I went back with another guy to do some clean up, in case the hundreds of campers didn't clean up. Well, you'd be the judge.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/IMG_2614.jpg

We filled up 2 small trucks.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/IMG_2616.jpg

Mik
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Thats why i target practice behind a locked gate. It stays clean and keeps the drunken pigs out.

Private access beyond a locked gate??????? Hmmmmm....lol

buckwild76
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Good for you, even my kids have more sense than these losers who destroy our river valleys and provincial parks. We are absolutely blessed to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, and it blows me away that people are so nonchalant about actually cleaning up after themselves.

Johnny G1
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Well you got to relize who have been raising these little prick's as you call them, Their parents are not likely any different, bad education from the get go, see it everyday and it would make the ole man roll over in grave the way this country and the past couple generation have become. Tried once turning in garbage in Mill Bay year's ago and the cop said somebody might have stolen the guy's garbage and planted it to get even, go friggin figure???

Wolfman
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Good on ya for giving 'em Hell, Log Roller. People who figure they can just dump their crap all over the place need to be confronted whenever possible.

Bistchen
09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
You should see Sylvester road out in Mission after a weekend. More pigs there than on a farm. Not that i've never shot a bullet there, I pick up by brass and take my sandwich wrapper home with me.