PDA

View Full Version : Parachute cord..AGAIN

srupp
03-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase PARACHUTE CORD...big enough to make slinkies for river fishing ??? Thanks

steven

03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Just guessing but do you have a sirplus store near you?
mabye try a small hardware store, they might order it in for you. I'm just grasping at straws but it might help.

bowhunterbruce
03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
steve i used to get that stuff from the army surplus store.but i'm not sure if they still have it.what diameter and how much are ya looking for and i could give them a call tommorrow for ya.

Riverratz
03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Fishing stores used to sell it in bulk. Been years since I have had to buy any, ....made so many years ago, still haven't run out, so don't know whether they still stock it. Misty River or others out Terrace way might? have it.

dutchie
03-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Are you talking about Kevlar Line? like the lines on a chute?

Or are you talking like thinner climbing rope.

If you want the lines I would talk to Ozone paraglide because that is were I got my new lines for my Wing

If it is like the climbing rope kinds stuff, there is a local shop down here that will sell it to you, or me, and you can reimburse me.

Dutchie

Riverratz
03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Are you talking about Kevlar Line? like the lines on a chute?

Or are you talking like thinner climbing rope.

If you want the lines I would talk to Ozone paraglide because that is were I got my new lines for my Wing

If it is like the climbing rope kinds stuff, there is a local shop down here that will sell it to you, or me, and you can reimburse me.

Dutchie

He's referring to the type of synthetic cord that is hollow woven, about 1/4" dia., very flexible, loose weave. When you pinch the end it opens up, like a drinking straw. You cut a length about 6" long, melt one end shut, fill it with lead shot (or similar), then melt the other end shut and attach swivel or snap ring. Used as a fishing weight to take lure/bait to the bottom when river fishing - bottom-bouncing, drift, float, etc. Because of design, it snakes over the rocks and is less likely than a hard weight to snag......thus called "slinky". You can buy them pre-made but expensive and when river fishing you typically lose gear, much cheaper to roll yer own, plus the advantage of being able to make several lengths/weights for different conditions.

HUNT4LIFE
03-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Northern Troutfitters in Terrace has some was just there 2 weeks ago, if the dont they can get it for sure.

Samsquantch
03-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Fishing stores used to sell it in bulk. Been years since I have had to buy any, ....made so many years ago, still haven't run out, so don't know whether they still stock it. Misty River or others out Terrace way might? have it.

NCA and misty river both stock it.

srupp
03-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks..all..

srr

tinhorse
03-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I am pretty sure I saw it in Army and Navy in Langley. It has been a couple of years since I have been there though.

Ddog
03-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry Steven,, i gave you all i had last year, but you should be able to get it from Sea-run in coquitlam, just phone and ask. It is supplied from Redl sports.

sugar
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/new_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=12

this site is from an older port re: motorcycle hunting. Rope looks to be a good price.