PDA

View Full Version : PCT trail.

Alpine Addict
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
So I just spent two weeks with an avid hiker/rock climber and SAR instructor. I've borrowed a book on the Pacific Crest Trail From him. He has given me alot of information. Im pondering doing the whole trail, Mexican/Californian border to Manning Park BC. Estimated 4 months. I would love to do it in one push, I would start end of april. Now is the time to do it while I have no obligations. Im 19 so its now or never. Anyone haerd of it?

http://www.pcta.org/

Kid Hunter
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
ya heard of it but not much more. I would love to do something like that one day. Me and a couple friends did our first overnight hike last summer and it was tons of fun so something like that seems like it would be pretty cool! Good Luck!

longwalk
03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I have heard about it and spent alot of time daydreaming about that trail. You would need good logistics for your food drops and the only other things would be good boots and good shape.

ryanb
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
If I had that much time...I think I would look at a trek across the wilds of Northern BC, the Yukon, or NWT. The thought of hiking such a well travelled trail holds little appeal to me.

Moose Guide
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
read the Eric Ryback story:-D

alecvg
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
There are alot of people down here in Washington that have done it. Check the North Cascades Climbing forums, and you will get tons of info.

pnbrock
03-19-2010, 06:53 AM
carefull bears live in the woods.....lol