PDA

View Full Version : Jones Lake Blacktail......Don't exist!

scoopy
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Put in some time hiking around Jones lake this weekend, I was curious to see if I could pick up some tracks in the new snow. I did not see 1 deer track anywhere! I was thinking about hunting here in the fall, but now I'm not so sure. I did hear a couple of grouse however.

nano
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Went there this fall for a day trip and found some good deer habitat but didn't have time to look around but saw some grouse. I think ill try again this year. Aleast I could get a bear while im out.

tim3500
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
You guys are waisting you time I have never seen enough deer there to bother hunting better place to go fishing and camping more bear and deer beyond Meritt just my 2 c

mud-dog27
03-14-2010, 10:00 PM
ive spent a fair bit of time up there and have seen deer and bear but not enough that i would make a hunting specific trip of it

log_roller
03-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Put in some time hiking around Jones lake this weekend, I was curious to see if I could pick up some tracks in the new snow. I did not see 1 deer track anywhere! I was thinking about hunting here in the fall, but now I'm not so sure. I did hear a couple of grouse however.

Jones lake is a waste of gas