PDA

View Full Version : Non Resident Hunting fees ?

Springer
03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I am planning on heading to Southern BC first week of May with my Brother to hunt for Bear & Turkey. Since I dont have a set of new regs could someone help me with knowing what fees will be as a Non resident to hunt both. This would have to include the fees to carry a firearm and any other fees included.
Second question is how many Bear tags do you get 1 or 2. If you have anything else to add i have missed please let us know.
Yes we do have someone who will do permit to accompany for us....how far ahead of time does this have to be done?

Thanks Eh.

Springer

ryanb
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I can't help with all of your questions.

Those I can answer...
"fees to carry a firearm and any other fees included"
-There are no firearm carry/transport fees for Canadian residents as firearm regulation is federal.

"Second question is how many Bear tags do you get 1 or 2"
-Most areas have a 2 black bear bag limit, but some areas are only 1 bear (see link for further details on bag limits)

For all you other questions, you can consult the current hunting regulation synopsis online at: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/

30.06 Hunter
03-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Information here:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/index.html

budismyhorse
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
4 weeks in advance of your hunt minimum.

Make sure you read the restrictions about proximity between you and the hunter with the Permit to Accompany you.......the restrictions are quite different than the Alberta rules.

Lots of restrictions, make sure you learn them all.

Springer
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey thanks for help Ya'all. the links worked great. Looks like 2 Bear tags for $180 + gst, Hunting licence is is $75 and Upland which is Turkey is $50.

What i did not find is whether a non res can hunt Merriams without a BC Resident ?

goatdancer
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
The regs say you don't need a guide for game birds but I can't find any reference for permit to accompany. You'll need to pay $75 royalty fee for your black bear as well.

MichelD
03-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Is your brother hunting too? Then he has to have a separate person apply for a permit to accompany him doesn't he?

budismyhorse
03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Is your brother hunting too? Then he has to have a separate person apply for a permit to accompany him doesn't he?

No,

A permit holder can accompany up to 2 hunters.

However, both hunters have to remain within Ear Shot and Line of Sight....without the aid of a communication device.

its all in the restrictions.

Springer
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
$75 Royalty for Black Bear as well Goatdancer?? I will have to go back and have a look.I didn't see that when i was looking. I remember paying it for my Caribou and Goat a few years back.

So we dont need a guide for game bird!! Thats a plus because there may be a couple days he's not available. My in laws have a summer place at Christina Lake so maybe we will spend a couple days around there.

Anyone who is willing to help point some spots out for us around Christina Lake,Trail,salmo i would be more than willing to help out with spots here in Alberta for Upland or whatever game.

Thanks again hey.

Toad Hunter
07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
where is the link to the actual permit to accompany?

Caveman
07-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Phil, did you come over and if so how did you make out?

.330 Dakota
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
You must have a PERMIT to Accompany as a Canadian non-resident and MUST be accompanied at all times with the permit holder. This means you must be able to see him/her and be able to communicate without electonic devises. Good luck and enjoy your hunt...get on the paperwork early

srupp
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
hmmm he left 4 days too soon...:wink:

but when he comes back for more than a couple days we can do it all over again..

Steven