PDA

View Full Version : Schedule C animals vs. Fraser Valley license

Rectifier
03-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi all,

I grew up and am stuck in Vancouver (work...) and have been looking into buying a bow so I can finally get into hunting, a long time dream of mine.

I was planning on starting small with Sched. C this year, bunnies and squirrels to get my accuracy and shot placement up plus some practice gutting things that are not fish.
According to the synopsis, these beasts "can be captured or killed anywhere or at any time in BC" and "you do not need a license to hunt and kill the following"

But also, any "hunting" in the Fraser Valley Special Area requires the special license (which I assume needs a regular license first). Is varmint hunting not technically "hunting" due to its Schedule C status, or will I need to buy $50 worth of license to shoot critters around here!?

I was planning to go down to Richmond and ask around at farms to shoot their surplus of bunnies, but Richmond is in FVSA too.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this one up since I am confused by it.

tuner
03-14-2010, 12:43 AM
in some municipalities discharging a bow is against the law.it's a good question i wish i could help, but i don't know.maybe call up a conservation officer in the area you plan to hunt and they should provide you with the info you need.

fourbyfourtoy
10-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Good question. I am also interested in an answer.

itsy bitsy xj
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
I spoke to a C/O and was told no fraser valley lic for schdule c

caddisguy
10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi all,

I grew up and am stuck in Vancouver (work...) and have been looking into buying a bow so I can finally get into hunting, a long time dream of mine.

I was planning on starting small with Sched. C this year, bunnies and squirrels to get my accuracy and shot placement up plus some practice gutting things that are not fish.
According to the synopsis, these beasts "can be captured or killed anywhere or at any time in BC" and "you do not need a license to hunt and kill the following"

But also, any "hunting" in the Fraser Valley Special Area requires the special license (which I assume needs a regular license first). Is varmint hunting not technically "hunting" due to its Schedule C status, or will I need to buy $50 worth of license to shoot critters around here!?

I was planning to go down to Richmond and ask around at farms to shoot their surplus of bunnies, but Richmond is in FVSA too.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this one up since I am confused by it.

If you find a legal way to kill grey squirrels in the fraser valley, let me know. I have a bone to pick with those guys. They have wiped out all the douglas squirrels and any bird nest around my place. Thankfully I don't see them ruining habitat outside the city. I live in an apartment, so I can't get away with the local ones. It's an otherwise rural stretch and used to hold a lot of douglas and birds.

How did these bushy tailed bird/garbage/native-squirrel eating rats get introduced? Was it an accident or intentional? Find me a way and I'll make steering wheel covers out of them and donate all funds to stopping invasive species and their enablers.

caddisguy
10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I understand your point though. It says schedule C can be killed anywhere but other wildlife, firearms, municipality laws, park rules, etc. beg to differ. I think you should just skip straight to getting that hunting license and a bow/rifle and driving 1-3 hours ;-P