PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Brant Report

field marshal
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Not a peep out of you Brant chasers??:confused:
Must have been so shit hot, you guys have clammed up???
Well I guess us ISLAND guys will have to load up the campers, layout boats and decoys and check it out for ourselves next March??
Otta be able to round about a dozen of us if its going to be that fantastic!!:mrgreen: What about it Mainlanders??
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Crazy_Farmer
03-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I'll admit I didn't get as many as I would of liked but hey that's Brant hunting. I spent 9 of 10 days out there, alot of long hours and hard work (I lost 10 pounds in 10 days lol) spent alot of time bs'ing, having a few beers after the hunt, learning and listening to a couple of guys who have shot more Brant in their lifetime then probably anyone else' and this year they pounded them again. I would good consider them good friends and it's great to get to see them the same time every year,that's gotta count for something in my books.

I'll have some pictures up tomorrow.

kyleklassen
03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
looking forward to it.

Gunner
03-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll admit I didn't get as many as I would of liked but hey that's Brant hunting. I spent 9 of 10 days out there, alot of long hours and hard work (I lost 10 pounds in 10 days lol) spent alot of time bs'ing, having a few beers after the hunt, learning and listening to a couple of guys who have shot more Brant in their lifetime then probably anyone else' and this year they pounded them again. I would good consider them good friends and it's great to get to see them the same time every year,that's gotta count for something in my books.

I'll have some pictures up tomorrow.You be careful drinkin' beer with them Ladner boys they've got an unlimited capacity! (Especially Danny!)Gunner

Crazy_Farmer
03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
You be careful drinkin' beer with them Ladner boys they've got an unlimited capacity! (Especially Danny!)Gunner

I believe that. Talking about Phil though, We invited him for a hunt out here this season and we did good, he keeps making fun of us with all our decoys compared to all his homemade silos lol

Gunner
03-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I believe that. Talking about Phil though, We invited him for a hunt out here this season and we did good, he keeps making fun of us with all our decoys compared to all his homemade silos lolI don't know how many times I've seen their boats and blocks way up on the beach after a big South Easter!The dekes used to get their heads busted off:biggrin: Gunner

Crazy_Farmer
03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Too funny, nothings changed you should see how many decoys were sitting low lol. Too many close clean up shots, Reds been pattern mastering them, he told me some shoe glue will fix em right up lol

Gunner
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
We were out at the superport one day 10 or 12 years ago,Red & Phil only knocked down one bird and an eagle picked it up.We couldn't figure out what they were doing,tearing all over the bay.Turns out they were chasing the eagle and finally got their bird back when he dropped it out off the ferry terminal! Gunner

Crazy_Farmer
03-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Haha yep they still tell that story all the time. They chased after it and it finally dropped the bird just before it landed on a piling off the ferry slip.

fowl language
03-12-2010, 08:50 AM
murray,farmer, i wished you guys could have been there last year when phil put on a brant sexing class.poor jack was just about beside himself because he got 13 out of 14 right and i thought i was going to have a heart attack i was laughing so hard. you can just imagine phil with his arms a phlailing and spit flying with red doing the colour commitary. maybe my favorite memory of brant hunting.we only got out twice with my partner working but limited both days...fowl

Ian F.
03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
So Field Marshal, does this mean you'll be ordering a rig from me?

field marshal
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah I wish Ian :-D
I'm going to actually have to work this spring and summer to afford new
goose decoys that I've got my eyes on. Not to mention dog stuff needed!
I gave away brant decoys when they shut us down on the Island:(
Anyway how did your 10 days go??
Love all of you guys reports on brant. It is a very special pursuit for sure :-D
Cheers Field Marshal.

mattchu_19
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I only got out for 4 days this year due to work, and often layed in my punt staring at water think why the hell I'm I doing this, but once you have a line of Brant skate into the decoys you realize just why your doing this. No other bird works the way they do and thats what draws me to it. Hanging out with all the oldtimes has to be just as fun as the hunting. I laughed way to much with Phil and Red and all their stories, learned a ton, and have already started planing with Adam for next year :twisted::twisted::twisted:. It was good to see all the Brant Hunters and cant wait till next year. Matt

SHAKER
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Someone show me a dead bird please......... If it wasn't for here I would go seriously insain with out seeing one of them black buggers hitt'n the water.