PDA

View Full Version : Longshot Sr. & Jr.'s "March 7 Morning Hunt"

longshot
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Well we hit the fields again Sunday morning. Beautiful sunrise, but then it turned cloudy for the rest of the day. It was a great day in the end.

All the birds today came in singles and doubles. First off a double comes in and both Dad and I take 1 each.
Next a wary single commits to the spread but keeps a good 35-40 yards off the blind. We both shoot and take it down.
Then another double decides to come and take a look. Now these 2 are really comitted and decide to back-peddle less than 10 yards infront of the blind. Definately got my blood pumping.
We had to leave the field early so we did miss out on some birds as 2 sets of doubles tried to set down in the field as we were wrapping up :cry:... But we did manage 1 more bird (not in the pic) on our walk back to the truck.

So 6 geese in a short morning hunt and a great time with dad = a great day!!! :mrgreen:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Mar_7_001.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18478&size=big&cat=500)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Mar_7_002.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18479&size=big&cat=500)

If we feel up to it, Dad and I will get the hit on them 1 more time on Tuesday. I just can't seem to stop hunting! :twisted:

Cheers!

Longshot jr.

heyblast
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
You should of had Anthony with you to call that single in closer:wink:. Going by your posts this seasons it sounds like your Dad and you have had a pretty good year and yesterday was nice wrap up for season, at least I assume that's it. Now we what for next season.

kyleklassen
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
good goin' guys. lots of good eats there.

longshot
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Going by your posts this seasons it sounds like your Dad and you have had a pretty good year and yesterday was nice wrap up for season, at least I assume that's it.

Nope, my 4 a.m alarm is set for 1 last time tonight. :-D Hoping that we will get some good luck tomorrow. And hopefully i'll have 1 last story for you guys. :wink:

Longshot jr.

Tanya
03-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Good luck this morning! Seems you've had a pretty decent season, congrats!

heyblast
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Longshot. The clock was set for Four, one last time you posted at after 10pm, well did you get up in time and go? Just curious, I know I can't run on that little sleep anymore.

Spy
03-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Longshot. The clock was set for Four, one last time you posted at after 10pm, well did you get up in time and go? Just curious, I know I can't run on that little sleep anymore.

My guess is longshot & his dad are cleaning birds.:-D:-D

heyblast
03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm sure they are.:-D

longshot
03-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Well guys we went both days (tuesday and today) and got skunked both days. On Tuesday, nothing went right and everything was bad timing, so we left early and said we'd try it again today.

And today (wednesday), absolutely no geese flew at all from dawn to 1 pm. We still ended off the season well as it was still a beautiful morning and it was nice taking the decoys for a walk. :-D
__________________________________________________ ______________

Well I tell ya each year just keeps getting better and better. This has been our best year yet!! We kept it fun, safe, and enjoyable. All I know is that if it wasn't for all the time spent with my dad, laughing and 'appropriate' joking in the blind, hunting to me would be nothing without him. We have sooo much fun together and we create memories that will last a lifetime.

I hope everyone out there hunting what ever it is, gets along with eachother and just has fun. This sport isn't exactly a competition, and about who is better and who shoots more birds and with what gear ect. We all share the outdoors and we all hunt it in our own way, sure there are ETHICAL ways to hunt, but there is NO 'right' way to hunt. In other words, some of you here on HBC should calm down a little and don't get on eachothers cases all the time. I hate to say this but, I'm 16, I hunt just for PURE FUN but ethically, and some people seem to be acting like 6 year olds in selfish ways. I am noticing as time goes on this is getting worse and worse. I am sure you all get where i am coming from so this should be enough. Everyone just get along and enjoy this sport!

Happy hunting to all!!! :mrgreen:

Giovanni (longshot jr.)

porcupine
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM
You may not have shot any birds, but you got to spend two days hunting with your dad....... and that's way better. I lost my dad in 1991 and I sure wish that I could tell him about some of the hunting adventures since then. There's just something special about sharing the outdoors with your dad.

longshot
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Most definately porcupine. And compared alllll my other friends, my dad and I are considered 'tight' :-D. We pretty much do everything together. For me, that experience with him is way more important than a bird in the bag.... The bird is just a bonus. :wink:

Longshot jr.

Spy
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Well guys we went both days (tuesday and today) and got skunked both days. On Tuesday, nothing went right and everything was bad timing, so we left early and said we'd try it again today.

And today (wednesday), absolutely no geese flew at all from dawn to 1 pm. We still ended off the season well as it was still a beautiful morning and it was nice taking the decoys for a walk. :-D
__________________________________________________ ______________

Well I tell ya each year just keeps getting better and better. This has been our best year yet!! We kept it fun, safe, and enjoyable. All I know is that if it wasn't for all the time spent with my dad, laughing and 'appropriate' joking in the blind, hunting to me would be nothing without him. We have sooo much fun together and we create memories that will last a lifetime.

I hope everyone out there hunting what ever it is, gets along with eachother and just has fun. This sport isn't exactly a competition, and about who is better and who shoots more birds and with what gear ect. We all share the outdoors and we all hunt it in our own way, sure there are ETHICAL ways to hunt, but there is NO 'right' way to hunt. In other words, some of you here on HBC should calm down a little and don't get on eachothers cases all the time. I hate to say this but, I'm 16, I hunt just for PURE FUN but ethically, and some people seem to be acting like 6 year olds in selfish ways. I am noticing as time goes on this is getting worse and worse. I am sure you all get where i am coming from so this should be enough. Everyone just get along and enjoy this sport!

Happy hunting to all!!! :mrgreen:

Giovanni (longshot jr.)
I can only wish that My children have the same outlook on life that you do when they get older!
As I have said before "your Dad must be very Proud of you."
I agree with you about people been petty,why cant everyone just play nice.:mrgreen: ETHICAL hunting & giving your prey a sporting chance are two things my dad taught me at an early age,
well done on a great season. :-D