PDA

View Full Version : Spences Sheep Count 2010

Muleycatcher
03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey, just wondering who all went to the Spences Bridge Sheep count this year. I was there but didn't know if I met anyone that is on HBC.

Kirby
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I was there,Blond haired guy with a beard.

Kirby

Muleycatcher
03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
OK cool..good to know.. I was sitting there wondering hmm how many of these guys are on HBC.

Bighorn hunter
03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I drove past the pub at around 4:10 on my way from Dawson to Kelowna and was wondering how the count went.Was only 4 vehicles in the lot at that time.My hair was strait back and had my 8 and 10 yr olds with me, other wise would have loved to stop and see how it all went.

Cheers
BH

Muleycatcher
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
If I heard right they said roughly 250.That number is not a final count though just an estimate from quick look at the numbers.

srupp
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Yawn...Tim and I did make it there..and back through a snow storm..home in one piece..

Met some great guys..I believe Kirby brought his new black lab..

Tim and I got assigned 2 areas to glass for sheep...and spent the entire day glassing..

We (Tim and I ) arrived at a final count of 59 sheep...however we MISSED the 18 hiding UNDER the bridge right @ Spenses Bridge.:eek:

Chris was very helpful and organized and we recieved our area first so headed out and had the longest to travel home so headed home shortly after handing in our paperwork....

As for rams..we seen 4 class 1 rams, and 4 class 3 rams....

An exellent days adventure, well worth the long day and met some wonderful folks from the WSSBC...

While glassing for sheep... my next door neighbors pulled in..they were travelling home from Vancouver and seen my truck on the side of the highway..so turned around and pulled in to see if my FORD had broken down AGAIN..lol or if I needed assistance..what wonderful folks..

steven