PDA

View Full Version : rookie story instead of a joke, hope you laugh

tank_79
03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
so i got told about this place where there is a big boar that hangs around, so i thought sweet im gonna spend some time in there and see what i can find so on my third or fourth time in this spot im following an old over grown roadwhen i hear some rustling noise coming from from in the bush up ahead of me so i just stop and wait thinking that this big boar is on his way in my direction, and i wait ... and wait for like an hour with my heart pumping like all hell till it gets dark and i decide eff this im outa hear, so about a week later and thinking about this everyday, a friend asks me to take her out hunting so i figure ill just take her for a walk to this spot, so we are walking along coming up to the same spot and once again i start to hear this noise, so oh ya the heart starts up again and i decide im gonna keep walking this time and check it outwhile she waits for me, so as i walk the rustling in the bushes is getting louder till i round the little bend in the path and find this big black... well pump hose spurting out random splashes of water into the bush on dry leaves and brush, yep i sucsesfuly hunted a big black hose which i decided to leave there cause i didnt think it would taste so good on my bbq. out here there is 3 old farm properties that back onto crown land and they were bought by the crown years ago and all the structures were taken off the properties so all thats left is the fields and trees oh and this hose that spurts out water. well i hope you like my little storie, im a rookie that dosent realy have anyone to teach me so i read this forum and go out alone most the time , any advise would be greatly appreciated. my current wepon of choice is the 2008 bowtech alligence 29'' draw @ 70# :twisted:. right now i can get 8 arrows in a 8-9'' group at 40 yards, i hope to get that group to half that size by april,and be able to do that with a nice big black bear in front of me instead of a hose:-D.

Chears, Tank 79

ChilliwackWinchester
03-07-2010, 06:34 PM
i decide im gonna keep walking this time and check it outwhile she waits for me
im a rookie that dosent realy have anyone to teach me so i read this forum and go out alone most the time , any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Great Story. For the advice... a good starter might be to not leave the chick standing there alone while you track the bear. That is unless she's the bait. Then your teaching us a thing or two. (lol)

Phil
03-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the site. Good story! You are the master of hunting the hose. That makes you a hoser! I saw a hose deep in the bush once too.:-D

03-08-2010, 09:03 AM
i stalked a culvert once doing the same thing!
i know how you feel. Except when i did it i had been hunting for 16 odd years

tank_79
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
lol i was telling a guy about it out here and he actualy did the same thing in the same spot thinking it was a buck and hes been hunting for many years aswell, so i dont feel quite so bad now and i have a good camp story :-D

Urban Hunter
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Keep practicing till you get that group down alot can happen at 40 yards.

Tanya
03-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Great story - What a "Hoser" :)

Yup, I'd work on that group, and just a little hint, you don't need #70 . You can have better control at a lighter draw weight. The regs require #40, so you may want to consider cranking it down a touch until you get the form and control happening. Good luck and have fun!!