PDA

View Full Version : Last years bounty

Shooter
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Well I picked up all my Sausage and pepperoni today. Along with all of the other prime cuts I have left we have quite a haul of Island BT meat in the freezer. This is what I have. I can't wait to try the Honey Garlic sausage. I took out sample packs of Honey Garlic, Hot Italian, and Garlic Pepper. We will try them all tonight and see which is the favorites. We also got a double batch of pepperoni made up. One hot and one regular.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/tnlpinkney/P1020397.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/tnlpinkney/P1020398.jpg

ElkMasterC
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks awesome Shooter! BT meat is right at the top of my list.
I haven't seen that much meat since Mugs N Jugs closed down. ;-)

pnbrock
03-06-2010, 07:38 PM
mugs and jugs is still alive its at the turf hotel.ahhh boobies

5 spike
03-07-2010, 07:30 AM
how did the sausage turn out.

BTFever
03-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Nice! that is quite the bounty.

how many lb's of meat?

my deer meat is all gone, :icon_frowexcept for one tenderloin. I gotta save that for the BBQ this summer.

Shooter
03-07-2010, 11:02 AM
The Sausage is fantastic again this year. Better than last years. I will bring you a couple packs to try. The favorite after the taste test last night I think was the Hot Italian.MmmMmm

BTFever: I didn't weigh what we have there so I am not actually sure of the weight.

BlacktailStalker
03-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Quite the haul !
Seems so late though to be having it done ?
My elk is half gone :biggrin:

Shooter
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Ya it took awhile to get it this year. They were very busy and backed up. They just did the sausage and pep tho I have had a ton of steaks and roasts and what not since hunting season. I brought it to him in December. They informed me that as of next year they will not be taking anymore wild game in as they are just to busy that time of year with all the farmer cattle and such. The one guy said that he MAY be doing some out of his house tho so I will keep in touch. I have been wanting to try making Sausage myself tho so I guess this is a great excuse to get started.

BTFever
03-07-2010, 06:56 PM
yah regardless of weight that looks like enough to feed all the guyz on this forum... so next sat you have any plans??? :mrgreen:

ElkMasterC
03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Place and price? Sounds like quality is good.
Last year we too ours to Cloverdale meats. Good pepperoni (could be spicier) and a five Kielbassa, but I really wanted Chorizo or Hot Italian, and got fatty breakfast sausage. I blame Society.

Johnnybear
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Look all good shooter! Seems like a long wait. Mine's going fast and almost gone from 2 bt's. We do are own and you should get started in doing it your self. It's a lotta fun and a great way to spend an evening or two bs ing with your buddies:-D.

Thanks for sharing and I know you will enjoy every last bite of it.