PDA

View Full Version : Shed hunting advice needed

sawmill
03-06-2010, 09:03 AM
First of all...do deer guard their shed antlers till new ones grow back?You know,to like prove they really did have horns?
Will I get clobbered by a possesive buck if I try to take the sheds?
How do you tell male sheds from female sheds?
What do sheds look like?
If I find one how do I cook it?
Does the tooth fairy give you money for them if you put one under your pillow?
Do they have germs on them?
Why does it hurt when I pee?

efnhunter
03-06-2010, 09:06 AM
:twisted:thats hella funy lmao good one man good one :evil:

bad arrow
03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
....and be careful while you bend over to pickup the sheds

doubled
03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
First of all...do deer guard their shed antlers till new ones grow back?You know,to like prove they really did have horns?
What do sheds look like?

Yes, deer guard them and are extremely antler envy. I have found that most deer do not let their guard down until their new antlers are at least 5-6 inches in length. A safe guard to this is a 50 cal loaded with tracer rounds - for some reason, these possessive deer do not like tracers.

Male sheds have things sticking out of them while the female sheds usually have indentations.

When you find one, it is a general rule of thumb to display this on the hood of your vehicle for 1-2 weeks and then it should be prime for table fare. Another good thing to remember is only eat 1/2 as you want a momento of the glorious dinner.

The tooth fairy is a thieving little b!tch. She is a rip off artist and never gives enough for a quality shed. If I ever catch that no good SOB, I will ensure she pays better prices next time.

Not sure about the germs thing but if guys with the names of Hans, Gunther and Adolf are hanging around you, you will probably have germs on them.

As for the pee thing, there could be several explanantions. If you are married, it is because you did not listen to your wife and she kicked you in the nards. If you are single, then I recommend you got to a doctor.

Hopefully this helps you out Sawmill!!!!!

Chuck
03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Pretty good! What calibre do you find is best for shed hunting?:)

doubled
03-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Doesn't everybody use a 300 WSM????

bozzdrywall
03-06-2010, 07:16 PM
What do sheds look like?
You are so funny this year i haev found 1 mule deer adn 3 wt deer and 1 elk shed all older ones but still found some bone if you ever want to go out for a walk let me know pm me