PDA

View Full Version : Pike & Walleye lake

KB90
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Haven't made it out to saskatchewan to ice fish with family in the last couple years, and I'm itchin to catch some jacks and or wallys. I figure I'll take a couple days off this summer and go up to the Peace (around FSJ ?) and try to catch a few .

The only problem is I have no idea which lake to go to.

Any Suggestions? Closer the better (furthest south).

I've never fished em from a boat, so any preferred method, jigging, casting, trolling.

ultramafic
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I have only ever fished Lake of the Prairies which actually straddles the Sask./Man. border. Not sure if that helps as it sounds like you might be looking for something on the western side of the province. It is near Russell Manitoba but last time I was there we caught out limit of Walleye. Going back about 6-7 years ago.

Mike

elkdom
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Haven't made it out to saskatchewan to ice fish with family in the last couple years, and I'm itchin to catch some jacks and or wallys. I figure I'll take a couple days off this summer and go up to the Peace (around FSJ ?) and try to catch a few .

The only problem is I have no idea which lake to go to.

Any Suggestions? Closer the better (furthest south).

I've never fished em from a boat, so any preferred method, jigging, casting, trolling.

Pike are a thrill, fight like hell, get a 15,20 pounder on your line, really gets your blood pumping!,:wink:
check some picks of pike from a local lake in my HBC photo gallery,,:cool:

elkdom
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
here is a pic of an 18 pound Pike from last April,the tape measure is set out at 3 feet!:wink:

knighthunter
03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
In Manitoba a 6 in pike is the distance between the eyes.The rest are to small to keep.

GoatGuy
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Far end of Gwillim Lake with a 7-9 weight, some big flies and polarized shades. All kinds of fun.

todbartell
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I fished Charlie Lake about 12 yrs ago. It was good then, not sure about now

KB90
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Pike are a thrill, fight like hell, get a 15,20 pounder on your line, really gets your blood pumping!,:wink:

I love it, My biggest is 15lbs caught through the ice in saskatchewan Waterhen lake. Same trip my brother got one 20lbs+ same day.

But I want to catch some from the boat. This lake you speak of is in Dawson Creek:-D

LYKTOHUNT
03-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Kyle a couple of years I went to Charlie lake around May long weekend and had a great time catching Walleye and a few Pike.
We used rubber jigs , white seemed to work good both casting and trolling.
I am a newb at Walleye fishing but a fish finder is a great help at finding stucture as well as concentrations of fish.
And they are sure good eating.

moosinaround
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Come on Elkdom, Spit it out!! Where do you catch em that big??!! I would be interested too............................................... ........................................and it better not be Zippermouth Creek, cause I have been looking for that lake all over the place but can't find it!! Sure has been some huge fish out of it though!!:wink:

03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
hey Moosin your problem is you have been looking at lakes!
zipper mouth creek is a creek. I think its some where near FSJ.
Now this zipper mouth lake sounds interesting

eaglesj
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Haven't been there in a couple years, but three years ago it was pretty easy to catch 1-2 pound walleye and 5-6 pound pike at swan lake near Dawson Creek. I make my own spinners that I troll down at the bottom with a bottom bouncer just on the deep side of the weeds (pretty easy to find at swan).

If you find the right spot, it's the same at Charlie Lake near FSJ. Find the weeds and cast out your favourite pike hook and you'll catch some 5-10 pounders.

I would like to know where Elkdom finds these big lunkers though.

KB90
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Elkdoms lake is indeed Swan Lake and that is the lake I am going to go to this summer :)

elkdom
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Elkdoms lake is indeed Swan Lake and that is the lake I am going to go to this summer :)

Its not my lake, but I will sell it to you!:wink:

elkdom
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
summer is busy, speed boats, jetski's, warm murkey water, but early spring and late fall and ice fishing are good,,,

eaglesj
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Elkdom, I've been going out to One Island this winter but it is slowing down. Are you still catching stuff out a swan, what do you use for bait? Spoons work on pike?

elkdom
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Elkdom, what do you use for bait? Spoons work on pike?

I cut off one of my fingers, and use it for Pike bait!

try it! it really works,,,,:cry:

BCHunterFSJ
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Charlie Lake Is Still Really Good In The Summer, But Very Slow Through The Ice...
Try Trolling Rapalas; They Work Great Here!

Try Bear Hole Lake Near Tumbler Ridge For Pike!

elkdom
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
[quote=BCHunterFSJ;644896]Charlie Lake Is Still Really Good In The Summer, But Very Slow Through The Ice...

try drilling a hole first, you'll have better luck:wink: