PDA

View Full Version : Joke and a Question

TurtleGod
03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Ok here's a joke not a hunting joke but. .

Whats the difference between a Scottsmen and the Rolling Stones.....

The Stones say " Hey you get off my cloud."

and a Scottsmen says " Hey McCloud get off my Ewe".

now for my Question. I just wanted to know what would be better between these two scopes or if there is a better option. I don't have lots of money to spend but would like something that will serve me well. Bushnell Trophy XLT Riflescope 3x9 or a Nikon Pro Staff Riflescope 3x9.

I know they are close but having never owned either I can not decide. I think $200 would really be my max.

TurtleGod.

ElkMasterC
03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
You should be banned for that joke.
I don't know about Nikons, but Bushnell Trophy Series are shyte. Save another few bucks, and buy a used Leupold, or Bushnell Elite 3200, and work up from there.

watson721
03-04-2010, 12:34 AM
yea joke was a little off. I agree with elkmaster about the bushnells. I own a vortex that I paid 300 for and Its surved me great so far.

Bow Walker
03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
If your budget is limited - and whose isn't these days - have a real close look at Vortex scopes. I've been very happy with mine (a Diamonback) and you just can't beat the warranty.

Check them out here http://www.grouseriver.com/Vortex_Riflescopes_s/304.htm

shadow1982
03-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I read it three times and still did not get the Joke, i say redo.

As per scope, DO NOT BUY BUSHNELLS, search the site you would probabbly get a cheaper one but good quality.

BimmerBob
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
LOL, my scottish heritage is quite enjoying that one, don't let them bs you about it not being up to par! Of course, another joke would be fine too!

happyhunter
03-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Try not to confuse some of hbc members with your buddies from hunting camp who can chuckle at a dirty joke from time to time. Made me and the guys at my work laugh.

TurtleGod
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Ok since my joke wasn't a big hit with everyone I have another one.

A disturbed tortoise crawls into a police station.

"I've been robbed by a murderous gang of snails, he announces.

"Calm down," says a cop. "Just tell us everything that happened."

"That's difficult," says the tortoise. "It all happened so fast!"

I looked at the Vortex scopes and they don't look to bad, wasn't sure about then so I will take a look. Maybe I can get one cheep at the Sportsmen Show on the weekend.

.330 Dakota
03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
yea joke was a little off. I agree with elkmaster about the bushnells. I own a vortex that I paid 300 for and Its surved me great so far.

Question, How do the Vortex products compare to Leupold?
I own many Leupold scopes and bino's but have been seeing lots of Vortex stuff advertised and wondered how they stack up.

.330 Dakota
03-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Ok since my joke wasn't a big hit with everyone I have another one.

A disturbed tortoise crawls into a police station.

"I've been robbed by a murderous gang of snails, he announces.

"Calm down," says a cop. "Just tell us everything that happened."

"That's difficult," says the tortoise. "It all happened so fast!"

I looked at the Vortex scopes and they don't look to bad, wasn't sure about then so I will take a look. Maybe I can get one cheep at the Sportsmen Show on the weekend.

Just For Laughs, are not calling your name..LOL

The Hermit
03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I just got a Vortex Viper... nice scope. Better than the Leupolds at the same price point. Check out the Diamondback as Bowwalker suggests!

I liked the first joke! Its prolly those silly Scotts that didn't like it or ahem, get it! LOL

.330 Dakota
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Hermit, Is Vortex made by another company or are they their own brand?

The Hermit
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Good question. I don't know the answer. They certainly market them under their own name and the "From Here To Infinity" VIP warranty is all on their neck. I'm guessing that they may spec and purchase the glass but imagine they manufacture the scope body and works. Anyone know for sure?

TurtleGod
03-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Was just looking into the Vortex's and they do look really nice. Looking at Grouse River online Diamondback 4-14x40, $10 cheaper then 3-9x40. Hmmmmm. I would like to hold it and play with it before I buy it. I don't like things that feel right. I would hate to just buy it , then hate the look feel.

I need rhinestones.... wait... BeDazzler..... No that wont work.

Sportsmen show better have them at a good price. Supposed to be there.

Thanks guys it nice to have all the info and peoples opinions.

Group hug.. Wait who said that..... Never mind. :lol:

TurtleGod.

Im from Surrey... What can I say..

Mr. Friendly
03-04-2010, 10:26 PM
you could also consider the Redfield line, now that's it's been taken over by Leupold. they start at your budget range and they're made in the US of A (tho the bino's and spotting scope are Chinese).

watson721
03-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I have the diamondback 3.5x10x50 and i think its a great scope for the price. my dad has a leupold and the only noticable difference is the eye relief were the leupold has the advantage.

Johnnybear
03-05-2010, 12:20 AM
you could also consider the Redfield line, now that's it's been taken over by Leupold. they start at your budget range and they're made in the US of A (tho the bino's and spotting scope are Chinese).

Thank you for that post. Leupy did indeed take over manufacturing of this product. Something to look into for sure.

Sorry I'm Leupy all the way. Buy a Rifleman and be done with it or save your money and by a VX1 or 2 and live happily every after.