PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan Sheep Count

blaker_99
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
My brother and I have always been interested in the annual sheep count that is taken place in the southern okanagan area. I know several members have taken parts in both relocation and counting but where would i look for information in regards to these topics? I think it would be a great experience, awsome social event and a chance to learn a bit more about sheep behavoir and the great outdoors. Lets hear it guys and gals.

Thanks
Blaker_99:-D

bighornbob
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
My brother and I have always been interested in the annual sheep count that is taken place in the southern okanagan area. I know several members have taken parts in both relocation and counting but where would i look for information in regards to these topics? I think it would be a great experience, awsome social event and a chance to learn a bit more about sheep behavoir and the great outdoors. Lets hear it guys and gals.

Thanks
Blaker_99:-D

According to their website, the south okanagan sheep count happened on Feb 14.
http://www.okanagansportsmen.com/site/annual_events.html

There is another thread on here about a count happening in Spences Bridge in the near future. If you do a search you should find it.

In regards to transplants we had three last spring in Kamloops. There wont be one this year but are hoping for one next spring. Becuase of the high demand to help out at these events it is usually only for local fish and game club members or members of the Wildsheep Society of BC.

If you are interested I would highly reccomend becoming a member of the Wild Sheep Society of BC. Our annual convention and fundraisor is in 3 weeks in Kamloops.

BHB

blaker_99
03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
We are members at the Kelowna Fish and Game club and we are also making the trip to kamloops this year. It should be a great weekend from what I have heard. I really am looking forward to it. Thanks for the quick response bighorn. I'll be sure to bookmark there website as well. thanks again