PDA

View Full Version : Elk Hunting Cranbrook??????

Dually Guy
02-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Thinking of hunting in Cranbrook , Fernie area. Any info on 6 point open?? Good areas ?

hunter1947
02-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Get a EK back roads map book and start from there ,there are elk in all regions in the EK and you can find some very good hunting in the surrounding areas if you do your home work.

Here is one region that is very good for RME is in region 4-26 this area carries fair to good elk ,mule deer and WT hunting ,concentrate on this area and you will be successful over the years good luck with your elk hunting http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

Dually Guy
02-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Whats an EK map?? 4-26 is where we were looking,good ya??

hunter1947
02-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Whats an EK map?? 4-26 is where we were looking,good ya??

It is short for East Kootenays :wink:..

moosinaround
02-28-2010, 07:31 AM
East Kooteney map, a map which shows various topographical features of the East kooteney region! Available at many fine book stores outdoor stores, and probably some mapping companies. I would start by looking in the yellow pages under elk, east kooteney elk, Rocky mountain elk, or maybe give ole Bozzydrywall a hollar, or Elkmaster C??:wink: Moosinmakingfunofyouonsunday! Sorry it was a long nightshift!!:)

hunter1947
02-28-2010, 07:48 AM
If you can get your hands on a forestry map of the area you want to hunt the map would give good details http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

Dually Guy
02-28-2010, 07:51 AM
OK i got a EK map book,thanks for the laughf moosin, had my folks over for dinner last night, as usual , a bottle of rum and lots of beers. man im hung, wtf am i doing up so early. i had to close one eye to read your post moosin . does bozzydrywall know the area well?

bearass
02-28-2010, 08:42 AM
You also might want to get the regulations.Elk open on the 1st of sept for bow. 10th for riffle, close oct 20 also to check out for road closers.cheers good luck.

brock77
02-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Thinking of hunting in Cranbrook , Fernie area. Any info on 6 point open?? Good areas ?
if you get here early mid of august and do your ground work, anywhere is good really. there is allot more guys out in the area(s) now a days then years ago (more pressure pushing the bulls deep) but, getting to the spot early and putting some miles on the boots before the time comes is the ticket. sept 1st-9th bow season any bull, sept 10 -oct 29 rifle season six spike or better. Just keep in mind it was around +26 to +32 around bow season last year, really quite in the bush, I heard a few guys that lost some of there meat on long pack outs.

Dually Guy
03-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanx guys for all the info, im going to Kaslo in July i just might take a detour and check out some area. is there decent muley huntin around there too?? Thanx again guys:-D

bforce750
03-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Another great tool once you have found the area is google earth,they just updated quite a few sat. images.