PDA

View Full Version : Mud Lakes

Hunterguy
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I was just wanting some info on how easy it is to get into Mud Lake. was there about 28 years ago, going in hopefully with a 20 ft. trailer, around the 1st of June, back to the old haunts, have to take care of some memories, any advice on road conditions would be great, feel free to private message me if you like so we won't bore everyone else, thanks. Its the Mud Lakes off of the Marshall Crk. rd.

frenchbar
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
shouldnt be a problem..little rough the last km before the first lk..few water bars to go through along the way we drag a trailer through it they arent too bad ..mostly the last 10 km ..dont know about dragging a trailer in to the second campsite at that time of the yr tho .. dont think theres a whole lot of snow up there this winter .

frenchbar
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
I can check into it in late may ..and let you know exactly whats up .

Gateholio
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM
What Frenchbar said:-D

Keep in mind it's getting "popular" with partiers on some long weekends in the summer.:-|

frenchbar
02-27-2010, 12:16 AM
lots and lots of motorcyclists up buzzing around that area from june to sept!!!

Big Bucks
02-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Ya I haven't been there in about 5 years but when we were there it was like a scene out of Mad Max , we were the only ones camped there and all of a sudden about 15 trucks and suvs full of kids came down the hill to party there .They said they were all from whisler . Man it's a shock when your way back there thinking your in the wilderness and it becomes the Thunder Dome . I know the one lake might be a problem getting down to with a trailer , if I can remember the road was pretty steep and rutted out to bring a trailer down . Frenchbar would know best he lives out there , I'm still trying to get a locater device on him so I can find out where he got that nice 180+ buck .

frenchbar
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
your right Colin you will never get a trailer into Swartz lk.. oh ya he wasnt 180 little less lol

Stresd
02-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Ya I haven't been there in about 5 years but when we were there it was like a scene out of Mad Max , we were the only ones camped there and all of a sudden about 15 trucks and suvs full of kids came down the hill to party there .They said they were all from whisler . Man it's a shock when your way back there thinking your in the wilderness and it becomes the Thunder Dome .

Used to do two or three trips a year through there many years ago. Came in from the Tyaughton or Yalacom or Bigbar routes. One year coming in through the ranch just above the creek on the Tyaughton and run smack into a new road. That was when the punched the Marshall road all the way in p[ast Mudlakes leading to the end of the peace and quiet. What year was that Frenchbar? :-? Somewhere around 35 years or so ago I'm quessing? Prior to that it was a two tire tracked trail with grass and flowers growing in between all the way through to Bigbar.,

frenchbar
02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
probably between 75 and 80 ...i beleive ..not sure exactly ..god i remember the times we went in oon the old rd up through the silver quick mines ..it would take the better part of a day ..same thing through poison mnt ..loved those trips as a young kid ..think i caught my first fish up there lol.

Steeleco
02-27-2010, 01:25 PM
What a sad tale!! I used to camp in there in the early 80's before I took up hunting. Likely one of a few reasons I took up the habit. We never had crowds like you guys tell of. We always came in from Lillooet, that road was a tough go if you didn't know the way. Always wanted to go back in there too, but not any more.

ChrisL
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I was up there this fall and the road was a bit rough, but I don't know if you'd get all the way with a 20ft trailer :mrgreen:.

We didn't experience any crowds, just a 2 people camping and fishing. There were some people unloading dirt bikes a few miles down the road though.

Chris.

rollingrock
02-28-2010, 12:34 AM
I go there almost every year. Most of the time there was little traffic. Go get to the mud lake camp site you need to go through a few bumps or water bars off the main road from both entrances. But you can do it. Swartz lake? I don't think so. Last fall I was there too.