PDA

View Full Version : Coq. mule deer...

Leaseman
03-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone...
Posted late last fall on an old mulie my buddy, son and I got last year....finally got some pics but I will send them to Marc to post for me!!.... This buck had 6 7/8 and 7 1/8 inch bases and only a few teeth left!!!...Both his ears were badly cut/torn with chunks missing (that had healed up)...a real odl boy!!! We had already got 2 deer the day of this buck and were actually looking for some grouse for my son.... I will send the pics to Marc now to post (thanks Marc:D )

Mike

BigfishCanada
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I am assuming you mean the Coquihalla mule deer and not Coquitlam. At the summitt the mule deer are huge, I havent seen ones that big anywhere else. I got my big one off the coquihalla and the taxedermist just called to say its ready for pick up. He said he hasnt seen a thick rack and a deer that large in awhile. It must be something to do with the elevation ? I havent seen the racks score high but the weight and size of those deers have been crazy.

mark
03-06-2006, 10:25 AM
with all this talk, you guys better post up some pics soon! :shock:

moose hunter
03-06-2006, 10:43 AM
damn all u guys and your giant deer this year im holding out for a big boy i have a good spot where i can find a huge mule deer right in P.G

Marc
03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
I'll have to wait until I get home to post it up as I don't have access to my email at work.

Brambles
03-06-2006, 11:46 AM
damn all u guys and your giant deer this year im holding out for a big boy i have a good spot where i can find a huge mule deer right in P.G

What Grade do they start teaching Puctuation?:lol:
Try adding some to your posts, it will make them easier to read.

Marc
03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Here are the pics.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/hunting05_097.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/hunting05_111.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/hunting05_094.jpg

Kirby
03-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Some serious mass to those bases.

Kirby

Leaseman
03-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Marc...
We have found a couple of valleys that get NO hunting pressure at all and have chased some serious bucks...this old boy was down to a few teeth that we were trying to show in the first picture....the amount of damage to his ears (from fighting??) was unbelievable!!...Body size was huge.... definately over 400 pounds live (no bs)...the gent who did the sausages for us has been a game cutter for 25+ years and said it was the second biggest deer that he has ever butchered....

I have seen in the last 3-4 years several bucks with the same base size (approx.) and 6-8" wider and close to twice as high....tru monsters that are smarter (and definately in better shape!) than me....But there is always this year.....;)

Mike

mark
03-07-2006, 12:25 PM
an unhunted honeyhole of big ol bucks! you better make sure nobody follows you this season, or attaches any tracking devices to yer truck! :smile:

Leaseman
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Funny thing Mark is I am a BIG boy so I don't do the amount of bush bashing that I would like too (just quit smoking, now to work on the weight!!). Last year on opening day I saw one other vehicle who were lost, and on the next day I saw 2 guys on quads who were also lost!! I give people directions on how to get out and they are gone!!...This stinky (and man did he stink...worse I have ever smelt!!) buck we got along with the 3 point in one of the pictures and a large spike on last day of any buck and we saw a total of 3 vehicles INCLUDING the drive in...everyone was complaining of seeing NO game...We left Langley at 5:00 am...first deer down by 7:00ish and on and on we went....saw a total of 20 +- deer and more than half were bucks!!!.....

It is a sweet area but everyone that "looks" at it doesn't see any game and usually leaves the area....it is not uncommon when we are up there to have 15 kilometers of road (and beautiful slashes!) to our selves....

This being said NO I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO GET THERE;) ;) :twisted: :twisted:

Mike..........

Marc
03-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Here is a picture Bigfishcanada wanted me to post for him.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/twoonie2.jpg

BigfishCanada
03-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Im like a kid waiting for Christmas, the taxadermist has mounted this big boy. As I said I have seen deer neer the summitt etc etc that remind me of elk. Weymouth meats ( Larry ) still says this bad boy was 480 pounds standing. I cant wait to see the mount, its only a 4 point but the gerth was fantastic.

Islandeer
03-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, that is a granddaddy!! Looks like a classic regress. Great post,good luck next season. I hope to find my one honey hole in the Cowichan area, some godforsaken sub alpine bowl with only foot access.

qwerty
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
first pic reminded me of a koala bear with antlers

Leaseman
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
bump so smitty can find the pics.....