PDA

View Full Version : government leh rembursement?!?

big blue
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
i recieved a free leh draw tag in the mail today for the 2010 / 2011 season. along with a letter stating that the ministry was aware of the situation in the area i drew a tag in, and the likelyhood that i declined to hunt this area due to the situation that evolved. i just about fell backwards, then realized the cost of a leh tag ( what like $3 ) vs the cost of the grizzly licence tag ( think i paid like $80 ) i paid for and neglected to risk my neck in search of. don't get me wrong i am appriciatative, i guess. ok, it's an attempt to smooth over the mix of feelings hunters could possess towards certain groups. anyways i thought i'd let everybody know, incase they have been missed and can seek reembursement.

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Here's $6. Now, be a nice boy and love the terrorists who illegally interfered with your lawful hunt. Yeah. :-|

Bear Chaser
02-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Here's $6. Now, be a nice boy and love the terrorists who illegally interfered with your lawful hunt. Yeah. :-|

X2. I'd call that a slap in the face. Where is the offer for restitution from the criminals who prevented your hunt from taking place?

pnbrock
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
what area are we talkin about?

d6dan
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
what area are we talkin about?

Klappen road block last fall.

Kody94
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM

X2. I'd call that a slap in the face. Where is the offer for restitution from the criminals who prevented your hunt from taking place?

x3. And they should have re-imbursed the tag cost too.

Caribou_lou
02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
So are they going to continue to do this for next year? or are they planning on doing something about the block. I'm going in there for my sheep. Road block or no road block. I have been trying to get this tag for years!

Barracuda
02-22-2010, 11:26 PM
they should also reimburse those that wasted money on the trip only to find they couldnt hunt.

Still pissed at the fire that wasted my hunt.
i found out later that alaska posted it a week before they saw fit to here.

bridger
02-23-2010, 12:28 AM
only in bc!!

big blue
02-23-2010, 06:28 AM
my griizly draw was for 6-19. i guess i coulda made the journey and seen for myself what was going on, but i live here in the fraser valley, and it's a expensive commute to find out theres an unwelcome situation present there. it's a special place to me, a placed where i took my first moose, seen various types of wildlife that i fortunatly took photos of, to share with the rug rat :) and mrs, so i didn't want to ruin those good memories. i just hope things get sorted out honorably, like it should.

Mik
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Herea a reply that I also posted in the "klappan" thread.....many emails passed between myself and the MOE and this is the last response that I received:

Hi Mike. Sorry for the delay while a decision was being discussed. We are sending a letter today to each person who won a draw in the affected area last year. Enclosed with the letter will be a blank LEH application for each hunt they were successful for (as many as 3). We will also be ensuring that successful applicants’ odds are not reduced in 2010 and subsequently for the species you were successful for.

We are not refunding licence or travel costs, neither are we guaranteeing the same draw for folks in 2010 as this would be contrary to regulation and policy.

I am afraid I am not the person to discuss the legal issues. I realise that this is not exactly what you were asking for but I hope you recognise that it’s the extent of what we’re able to do.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Addison, RP Bi
Biometrician, Fish and Wildlife Branch
Christopher.Addison@gov.bc.ca

SAVAGE300
02-24-2010, 01:36 PM
So are they going to continue to do this for next year? or are they planning on doing something about the block. I'm going in there for my sheep. Road block or no road block. I have been trying to get this tag for years!

Good for you man, get in there, fly in if you have too!!! there is a way around it, have a great and memorable hunt

.330 Dakota
02-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe an alternative tag would have been in order, like a terrorists draw

KodiakHntr
02-24-2010, 03:15 PM
So, are the native bands who caused this situation getting the bill for these reimbursments that are a product of their actions? Obviously not, but they damn well should be.:evil:

Seems pretty reasonable to me......

Sure as hell rather see that than the Gov't spending my tax dollars to reimburse guys for not being able to get in there.

CanuckShooter
02-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Seems pretty reasonable to me......

Sure as hell rather see that than the Gov't spending my tax dollars to reimburse guys for not being able to get in there.

The gov't should reimburse them...everything...cost of tags...fuel...all of it...if they had any balls at all they would file suit. The provincial lieberals should learn there is a cost to doing nothing when their constituents are being financially harmed, threatened and harrassed.

.330 Dakota
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
You should have been issued a tag for that area for the fall or next spring, when the issue has been resolved. It is not your fault the Indians blockaded the road, and with the odds of drawing an LEH thats only fair.
If the govt dosnt learn to stop protecting terrorists and poachers, then sooner or later the general population of hunters may find the regulatory system futile and start shooting whatever pops up. "Brown its Down" could become the motto. This motto is being used by Indians accross the nation already. I have personally found moose near reserves with the hind quarters removed, and the rest left to rot.