PDA

View Full Version : Spring Goose

heyblast
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
So what's up' no one hunting geese this spring.:confused: Where are the reports, hunting stories the truth and the lies. This site is going to die without some new feed. This is the last chance till October. Come on let's hear it, what's your tall tail. I got out yesterday and got two Canada's should of had 4.:cry: Dressed wieghed out at 6.5 and 5 lbs. and their in the fridge aging.:-D There were three other guys in thr area who didn't get any, some long shots but nothing. I was just at the right place and my decoys did their job. So let's hear the stories.

Dano
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Lindsay,
I haven't been out yet, maybe one of the days this weekend....
Good to hear you were able to connect on a few, I'll post a report if I get out.
Dan

ufishifish2
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I'll join in on this one. The Geese land in my back yard, and are there now. Unfortunately the spring season doesn't open here 'til the first of March. I'll be back to report though! Good luck to all!

ewiebehunter
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
My two hunting partners and I went out on saturday it was a beautiful day. But didnt see any action till sunset and they flew way off in the distance not even close to are blind . Theres always next weekend !!!!!! I sapose.

Jimmyjjj
02-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I went out scouting, trying to find a place to get permission to hunt geese between Kelowna and Vernon. Saw a few on geese beside the highway but that was it. Didn't see a single field with geese. Guess I am going to try going south next time.

Dutch
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Was out yestersday in Langley .Watched them come in twice last 5 days not a goose showed until 7:45. So we start setting up at 7:15 and they start coming in 2's and smal flocks right away buggers.Took 9 between the 2 of us and it was a pretty great shoot.Got to try my new Pro grade flocked head decoys, wow they do work better than the old plastics,few raps on the short reed goose and they were there.Out scouting again tommorrow :twisted::twisted:

heyblast
02-28-2010, 12:28 PM
So I've been out three times for the spring season and have had good success so far. I've taken 10 Canadas which is probably all I want. They've been dressing out to 6 to7 lbs each and their all fat. I've noticed that the geese I've taken in B.C. seem to be quit a bit larger than the ones I used to get in Ontario. There they would usually dress out to about 4 lbs., with a few going to 6 lbs. The goose decoys I got over the Christmas Holidays have worked well for me, with the flocked heads they look like the real thing. Who else have this type of deke and what do you think of them and how well do they stand up. I'm thinking that I will get some more but wonder how well the flocking material [if material is what you call it] stands up.

Crazy_Farmer
02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
So I've been out three times for the spring season and have had good success so far. I've taken 10 Canadas which is probably all I want. They've been dressing out to 6 to7 lbs each and their all fat. I've noticed that the geese I've taken in B.C. seem to be quit a bit larger than the ones I used to get in Ontario. There they would usually dress out to about 4 lbs., with a few going to 6 lbs. The goose decoys I got over the Christmas Holidays have worked well for me, with the flocked heads they look like the real thing. Who else have this type of deke and what do you think of them and how well do they stand up. I'm thinking that I will get some more but wonder how well the flocking material [if material is what you call it] stands up.

What brand? GHG? If so the flocking holds up fairly well. We ran GHGs for 2-3 seasons before changing for other reasons, but the flocking held up good.

heyblast
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Their Greenheads, and so far they seem to standing up well.

Kirby
02-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Tomorrow...

Dano
02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
'Ol Dan and I went out today, our first spring hunt this year. Dan has been feeling the effects of being 74 so we didn't get out nearly as much as usual this season for ducks. This warm weather certainly came at a great time, we went out for a few hours this morning because we had something to do at noon today :-D.
We managed to get a couple pairs and a flight of 3 come over, we dropped 4 and I must say my dog Maddy turned in a gold medal worthy retrieve on a bird that sailed off into the flooded grass (but I think she was happy with the goodies I put in her dish when we got home).
I have the week off so we hope to get out during the week, I'll try and post some pictures.
Dan

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/OlDan.jpg

vortex
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
We've been out three times. First day none came in, second time out farmer spread sheeet in the field in front of the blind the afternoon before so they wouldn't come in (stunk bad!!!). Finally we connected on two yesterday a.m. Good times.

behemoth
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Connected on 2 good sized Canadas this morning, on my way out to try to double that!

ufishifish2
03-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Got one this morning, dunno how I missed the second one. Oh well, got supper anyways, I'm super happy!!!

Kirby
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Put one in the freezer this afternoon. Going back out tomorrow.

shotgunjohn
03-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Made it out on Saturday and we got four birds. Probably should of had a few more. Lots of big flocks still but very wary and the most decoy shy I've seen them.

Dutch
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
7 more this morn. in Langley little more wary but pulled in a couple of pairs and a small flock,the short reed makes a difference, had 100 little guys circle but wouldn't come down.Like shooting geese in the sun,:twisted::twisted:

Theo722
03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Went out last Saturday to Ladner for first flight of snows.
None came but tried to stalk some already at the waters edge, they spooked and went over the only other hunter out there but he missed.
Don't know where to got for Canada's that isn't association land or need a boat.

Jimmyjjj
03-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Well, I finally got out near Merritt on a great field. Got 4 Canada's before 9:30am and called it a day at 10. Plucked 2... skinned one and breasted the last one. Finally done and it is 4:30. I don't know why I always decide to pluck a couple at the beginning of every season.

fowl language
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
well it worked out my partner only had 2 days to hunt in march so we tried to make the best of it.2 limits of geese on saturday and 2 limits of brant on sunday. im glad it worked out for him as he,s an avid brant hunter that only got out 2 days, bummer....that,s my story...fowl