PDA

View Full Version : Fehr Lake

timbermilton
02-21-2010, 03:22 PM
i was told that there is "real dang good" mulie hunting up near Fehr lake. up around savona(west of kamloops) spose to be good fishin too. anybody know where it is located? i have been looking and googleing and found nothing. is it a local name?

timbermilton
02-21-2010, 03:24 PM
i'll be moving up that way this summer. so hopefully i can find some good hunting and fishing areas before the season starts. i bowhunt so there is that challenge to add to it.

curt
02-22-2010, 08:40 AM
i would ask Jelvis he has the whole area in his head!?!?!

MuleyStalker
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Jelvis has mentioned about the mulie hunting in that area and I have also been google-earthing it to. I'll let you know if I come across anything.

MuleyStalker
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Just opened up my map book and it the first lake I saw. If you find Savona, it's about 5km south and a tad west. Looks like you take Haywood Farmer Rd to get there just off Tunkwa lake rd. See ya there:wink:

KevinB
02-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Find Savona in Google Maps, follow then follow Guichon Crk FSR and look fro where it meets Haywood Farmer Road. The small lake just west of that intersection is Fehr Lake.

It's no great feat to see 50, 60, or 80 mulies in a day around there in the late season. But it is quite heavily hunted and you won't see a huge number of bucks, hanging around in daylight hours. Most of what you'll see in the nice looking open breaks will be endless does and fawns.

I have never seen anyone fishing in the lake - it looks pretty shallow, more of a big grassland pond than anything.

trapperRick
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Lots of does, bucks are not many, but with hard work maybe, and lots of hunters

Big Lew
03-03-2010, 09:26 AM
I have stomped around that area before all the logging and mining exploration put roads everywhere. At that time there were large numbers of deer, including very big bucks, good numbers of moose, many trophy-size bear, and a high population of wild horses. You can still find a few wild horses, and if you get away from the main roads, especially into the rough mining exploration area west above Tunkwa lake, you should find where a few large bucks hang out during the summer and early fall. I was in that area west of Tunkwa 2 early falls ago bowhunting, and although I didn't get close enough, saw 2 sizeable bucks, they were very jumpy and left for distant parts when spooked.

4 point
03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Highly, highly hunted area. As others have already said deer are there but sizable big bucks away back from roads or easy access. Many other places better.