PDA

View Full Version : Arrows ?

Ruger4
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Spots , 3D , Fita , Paper ???
whats your flavour of arrow ?

swamper
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Goldtips hands down. They have everything from heavy duty hunting arrows, to super light weight target arrows. I won't shoot anything else.

Ruger4
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Goldtips hands down. They have everything from heavy duty hunting arrows, to super light weight target arrows. I won't shoot anything else.

Where are you getting them from ? lots of guys rave about them but anything close by ?

oldtimer
02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Goptta agree with Swamper. I shoot Gold Tip ultra light 400's for paper and 3D. Tough. We buy from the local shops here in Quesnel. Don't know about any shops in region 8. Mike

Bow Walker
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Spots - Easton Fat Boys

Target/3D - Easton Fat Boys

Hunting - Gold Tip and nothing else.

Most guys are pretty fanatical about their shafts and won't even consider switching. It's a case of what works for them or you.

I've tried a lot of shafts over the years and have always come back to my GT's. Now I won't use any other brands. Gold Tips are one of (if not the) toughest shafts that I've ever come across.

In my early learning-curve days of archery I put them thru hell and back. Hitting everything from stumps, rocks, target frames, trees, and such. It took, and still takes, a lot too screw up one of GT's arrows.

If they don't carry them in your area - ask them to get some in. Buy a dozen (usually around $90) and give them a try.

Bowzone_Mikey
02-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Easton ... Easton and Easton ...

I set up an outdoor bow bow this year with some ACEs ... I shot sunday at PG 3d with it and shot well ... too bad my head was not in the game and sighted everything 5-10 yards short.

For 3D I use Lightspeeds ....

for hunting I normally use some Easton Axis ... last season tho I used some GT Hunters ... meh ... nothing special

tomahawk
02-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Eastons all around.

huntwriter
02-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Easton aluminums (Game Tracker and Grand Slam). No particular reason other than that I shoot Easton from day one I got into bowhunting 20+ years ago and never saw any reason to change. Once I find a product that does the job I need it to do I never change.

Ruger4
02-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Goptta agree with Swamper. I shoot Gold Tip ultra light 400's for paper and 3D. Tough. We buy from the local shops here in Quesnel. Don't know about any shops in region 8. Mike

The shop in Quesnel would be ?
thanx
Rob

Blk Arrow
02-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Radial X Weave pros for 3-d. A tough accurate arrow. I shot the Goldtips for many years and they survived alot (although not all) of my mistakes. Certainly more durable than the aluminum easton xx75s and xx78s I started with.

Bow Walker
02-21-2010, 07:04 PM
:roll:Given their inherent weakness and susceptibility to bending, I don't understand why anyone would shoot aluminium shafts anymore. :confused: :(

Grantmac
02-21-2010, 07:59 PM
:roll:Given their inherent weakness and susceptibility to bending, I don't understand why anyone would shoot aluminium shafts anymore. :confused: :(

I second this one.
I actually prefer shooting woods to aluminums.

-Grant

JoshLedoux
02-21-2010, 11:33 PM

I am in the process of walking away from aluminums forever and need a hardy accurate arrow that I can keep getting in future seasons. I dont think I am the type to be changing arrows for different forms of shooting. Is there a "correct" all-around carbon? are goldtips "the one" every time I've bought easton aluminums they've changed them on me the next year and can never get the same arrow twice. Do they do this with their carbons as well? ps need em for a 70 lb draw weight

huntwriter
02-22-2010, 07:18 AM

In all the years, over 20, I shoot aluminum arrows I maybe had 10 arrows bend. I keep hearing these horror stories about aluminum but personally just have never had these experiences. I don't do target or 3-D shooting. I just kill deer and turkeys with my bow and for that aluminum has never let me down.

Bow Walker
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I am in the process of walking away from aluminums forever and need a hardy accurate arrow that I can keep getting in future seasons. I dont think I am the type to be changing arrows for different forms of shooting. Is there a "correct" all-around carbon? are goldtips "the one" every time I've bought easton aluminums they've changed them on me the next year and can never get the same arrow twice. Do they do this with their carbons as well? ps need em for a 70 lb draw weight

Gold Tips are one of the lesser expensive arrow shafts out there. They are also one of (if not THE) toughest carbon shaft that I've had the pleasure of shooting.

Gold Tips come in a wide variety of options to suit every need - be it hunting, target, or FITA.

A good shaft to use for both 3D, practice and hunting - in your 70 lb weight range - will be the XT Hunter in 7595 spine. Can't go wrong with them.

JoshLedoux
02-22-2010, 10:46 PM
sounds great ill order em up. I have 2 bent aluminums and I'm fed up!

Bowzone_Mikey
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM
sounds great ill order em up. I have 2 bent aluminums and I'm fed up!

Get ACC ...best of both worlds and seem to hold downrange energy better than alum or carbon alone

Bow Walker
02-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Get ACC ...best of both worlds and seem to hold downrange energy better than alum or carbon alone

GT 7595 black shafts = 8.9 g.p.i.

ACC's = 9.9 g.p.i.

Definitely a viable option - although the cost of ACC shafts will be more than the GT shafts.

As for the down-range energy of ACC's over carbon (or aluminimum)....well, I respectfully disagree with BZM on that point. The two shafts in question are way too close together in terms of weight to make any difference in target penetration. JMHO.

threedhunter
02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
n the past, aluminum for hunting and 3-d. today, fatboy 500 for paper indoors, fmj 500 for outdoor paper and field, for 3-d , carbon cross weave 300and hunting i used this year, carbon express hunter terminator selects. sheesh, never realized how varied all these are till i wrote them down.

Flingin' Sticks
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Got Wood???

Bow Walker
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Got Wood???
No - but every time I down a buck with my carbons I get one :wink:

.300WSMImpact!
03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
dont matter if you hit a big metal sign

Ruger4
03-09-2010, 08:59 AM

I left him messages but to no reply , can you post his number here or ask him to post it , I wanna try some 2 weeks ago darn it , thanx

Rob

willyqbc
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Maybe i missed it here but what is your draw length and draw weight? Also when looking at an all-around arrow you need to decide what your biggest priority is....hunting?, 3D?, FITA?? When choosing an all around arrow there will allways be compromises between the disciplines, you won't get one arrow that is the best option for all 3 disciplines but you can get an arrow that will great for one and be pretty good for the other 2...you just need to decide what your priority is. As for shops in Quesnel

North Country Archery - 250-992-9484 Murray or Ila (pronounced eye-la)
Watsons Custom Archery - the owner can be tough to get in contact with but he is a member of our club and I can get in contact with him if you like.

Send along your draw length/draw weight and broadhead weight you plan to shoot.....I have a bunch of Goldtips on hand and may be able to help you out.

Email me at mascqbc@telus.net

Chris

xtremearchery
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
High Country Speed Pro Mass SS 6.2's for everything.

mntbowhunter
03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Lets be honest every company makes good arrows these days. Whether your shooting Beman, Gold tip, easton, or Carbon express. I do agree that aluminums are a thing of the past and carbon is much better. However I have switched to Easton Axis FMJ's which is an aluminum carbon mix and they seem great. Supposively the mix makes them not bend like aluminums nor shatter like carbon. I havent shot them long but havent broke one yet.

If you hit the animal in the lungs he will die no matter what arrow you have.