PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Kamloops coyote hunters

TeachBC
02-13-2010, 10:39 PM

Surrey Boy
02-13-2010, 11:44 PM
By family man, do you mean single dad? Cause I have this sister, late 20s, who happens to be a good shot . . .:)

TeachBC
02-14-2010, 12:06 AM

ElkMasterC
02-14-2010, 12:50 AM
By family man, do you mean single dad? Cause I have this sister, late 20s, who happens to be a good shot . . .:)

.......ASL?

Darksith
02-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Lets play match maker, I have this buddy (early 30's) who won't admit it, but needs a date...haha

He doesn't get out much so...

Blainer
02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the offer but my wife might have a problem. :-D lolLeave her at home.:wink:

hannibal
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM

I'm single.

Now back to the thread. I have had limited success with calling, but I love predator hunting anyway. Easy walks, short periods of sitting, and marksman ship. Hunting 'yotes has helped me recon lots of my deer hunting areas. Get a couple distress calls and a howler. Some good camo, head to toe for preds and a the rest is the same as deer. Try going up into the rolling hills around the Lac Du Bois park. Hunting is permitted there. It would be some fun hunting. I should have a couple free weekends in March, if you wanted to hunt for a day.

Surrey Boy
02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
As opposed to what? :-D

Have you ever been at a stopsign at a T-intersection and looked at that little sign underneath the read octagon with STOP on it? Those words can apply to more than stop signs.

As opposed to that.

kamloopshunter
02-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I am also from Kamloops and new to coyote hunting. I have had two perfect opportunities. Once with my dad, we stumbled across a whole little community of them, like 9. I laid down by some bush but my dad is in the middle of the field trying to get them in his scopes. They ran into the bush but I kept coaxing one with a little yip on my coyote caller. I only had my 22 and needed to be pretty close. My dad ended up taking a shot at it and missed. I was pretty pissed off at him. Just standing there in the open. He is getting better but I guess its good he got the buck fever out of him before deer season.

The other time I was with my 22 and they were about 80 yards away behind some brush. I decided it was an unethical shot but he just stood there; I was wailing away on the rabbit call for ten minutes.

gutpile
02-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I am also from Kamloops and new to coyote hunting. I have had two perfect opportunities. Once with my dad, we stumbled across a whole little community of them, like 9. I laid down by some bush but my dad is in the middle of the field trying to get them in his scopes. They ran into the bush but I kept coaxing one with a little yip on my coyote caller. I only had my 22 and needed to be pretty close. My dad ended up taking a shot at it and missed. I was pretty pissed off at him. Just standing there in the open. He is getting better but I guess its good he got the buck fever out of him before deer season.

The other time I was with my 22 and they were about 80 yards away behind some brush. I decided it was an unethical shot but he just stood there; I was wailing away on the rabbit call for ten minutes.
you should have taken a shot to the head if you had missed no damage.

kamloopshunter
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah but he was facing head on, not quartering. So I might have hit him in the shoulder if the brush grabbed the bullet. I bring my 3006 now for range. Haven't had any luck since then. I heard there are wolf problems in Robins Range though... interesting.:-D