PDA

View Full Version : Region 5?

Dayto
02-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Jw If there is any news on 5-2 being open Againe for Immatures? Last year they shut it down to LEH only , so just wondering if there is any news on being LEH/Open Immature season againe.

Thanks.

boonerbuck
02-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Call Darcy and Colin, the CO's in 100 Mile House. They may tell you what they have been hearing.

I would like that season open in that zone again.

farside
02-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on an immature opening.

"The spike-fork moose hunting season in the region has been closed so that additional surveys can be completed and further consultation can be carried out with First Nations."

And we all know how long "consultations" can take!!:twisted:

Besides it was only open for the 1 season (recent history) anyhow. I am hoping for a draw in region 5 as I sure like it there. Very pretty country

boonerbuck
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
"The spike-fork moose hunting season in the region has been closed so that additional surveys can be completed and further consultation can be carried out with First Nations."

It was all about the natives on the west side of the Fraser, the Chilcotin Band and their concerns and threats. I heard it discussed a year ago that they may introduce spike/fork again on the east side of the river.

plumbob
02-28-2006, 08:34 AM
I heard there was several moose shot and left that where not legal bulls,and that was from a co in the 100 mile area.So I bet it's not going to be this year.As I have a co friend in quesnel and she hasn't said anything about it.

boonerbuck
02-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm not going to contradict what your CO friend has said but your point about moose being shot and left is moot. Region 3 has had the season for several years now and moose get mistakenly shot there also. They also have considerably less moose than Region 5.

It's all about politics and confrontations, believe me.