PDA

View Full Version : A lot low but not terrible 65 yrds

Bowzone_Mikey
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
So today I picked up My hunting Bow for the first time since November .... I figure i will shoot it this weekend at the PG 3D ... I took off the quiver and grabbed some old Target arrows I had ... I turned down the poundage to about 62# ...my arrows weigh in at 319 grains ....and resighted

below are pics at 65 yrds
(conditions ... -2 light snow)
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/100_2415.JPG
My driveway ...from across the street its 65 yrds to the front of my shed

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/100_2413.JPG
A tad low and one flier ... the green nock I know is a bit of flier ... Not bad out of a Whisker Bisquit and a fat pin
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/100_2416.JPG
Here is the ol' girl ... Diamond Black Ice ... sight is a Trophy Ridge V-drive Matrix with a .029 single pin (Its an open class sight for 3D)
rest is a whisker bisquit
Vibe Check string stopper
Golden Key Tranguilizer Stab with a 4oz weight on the end
Let loose by a Carter "Hunter" hand held release

Yep Cabin fever is here

oldtimer
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Not bad Mike considering you were shooting at the top row :) Left to right is fairly close. :) Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Not bad Mike considering you were shooting at the top row :) Left to right is fairly close. :) Mike
Gee Thanks ya
http://bigrab.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/donkey.jpg:wink::mrgreen:

I was actually going after the middle dot ..but you knew that .. I realised it may sound like i was after the top with the title .... LMAO ....My pin is so Fat it covers the whole 4" red circle at that distance ...But it gathers light like nothing else

BowSitter
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Great shooting Mikey! My buddy shoots the same sight and really likes it.
Looks more like 64 yards though:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bow Walker
02-10-2010, 07:56 PM
:mrgreen: Can't hold the pin on the spot long enough - eh Mike?!? :twisted::wink:

Maybe try coming down from the top instead of trying to lift up from the bottom...:mrgreen:

I hear "drive-by-shooting/aiming" is all the rage these days.:wink:

Jagermeister
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I just picked up my bow after a 5 year hiatus,let me tell you, I can't do that at 10 yards. There are muscles and tendons screaming everywhere at 57#. I think I will have to drop it back to 50-52# range until everything loosens up. right elbow has developed some arthritis that may be a hinderance. Hope to be ready for turkey season.

Bowzone_Mikey
02-10-2010, 11:10 PM
:mrgreen: Can't hold the pin on the spot long enough - eh Mike?!? :twisted::wink:

Maybe try coming down from the top instead of trying to lift up from the bottom...

I hear "drive-by-shooting/aiming" is all the rage these days.

I dont know of anyone that holds their pin rock steady ... the way I rebuilt myself last spring at the mercy of GRIV(lenthed my Actuall Draw by 1/2 inch among other things ... One day we will chat over a wobbly or two) my pin does a smooth sideways figure 8 and is way more predictible than at my slightly shorter Draw with a herky jerky unpridictible movement ;)

Its an Up pin ... so I hafta come up ... If I had a down pin on it I would come down like on my target bow :D

the More I am shooting that BlackIce .. the more I am liking it ...which worries me (cause I have a bow worth 2x as it retail hanging from the ceiling not shooting as much as it should )

Bowzone_Mikey
02-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I just picked up my bow after a 5 year hiatus,let me tell you, I can't do that at 10 yards. There are muscles and tendons screaming everywhere at 57#. I think I will have to drop it back to 50-52# range until everything loosens up. right elbow has developed some arthritis that may be a hinderance. Hope to be ready for turkey season.
after taking that long of break I would turn that bow even further down ....

There is a product n the market called a Morin Trainer ...google it ... its Cdn built and one of the best ways to train muscles and get them back to shape .......alternativly .. you can save 60 bucks and build a loop of paracord the same as your draw lenth ...put a d-loop on it and you can use your rest

Bow Walker
02-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I typically do a "drive by aim/shoot" type of thing. Probably why my score(s) are nowhere near what yours or my brother's are :?

And, yeah - I've yet to meet anyone who can hold a pin steady. The older I get the jumpier the damned pin gets. :confused:

It's a bit like golfing. Making a 10 X or two sure keeps me comin, back for more!

Bow Walker
02-11-2010, 11:04 AM
BTW Mike, I've had my Diamond Liberty since '06 and I still love the thing. I doubt that I'd get rid of it just for a shiny new something-or-other...

Gotta love the smooth draw of a single cam!

Bowzone_Mikey
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I typically do a "drive by aim/shoot" type of thing. Probably why my score(s) are nowhere near what yours or my brother's are :?

And, yeah - I've yet to meet anyone who can hold a pin steady. The older I get the jumpier the damned pin gets. :confused:

It's a bit like golfing. Making a 10 X or two sure keeps me comin, back for more!

Dont fool yourself Dan ... My scores arent anywhere where they should be either

triggr31
03-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Hmmm shooting across roadways not good safety practices.nice shooting though .

Bowzone_Mikey
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
the roadway in question is not a busy one ....and One has good long vision in both directions .... its not a problem ...when several members of the local Mounties and and local Bylaw staff have shot on my range ... I dont forsee it being a problem in the near future either