PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used the bushnell onix 350 gps

adder
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
i was thinking about getting one and wanted to know if anyone has used one. Also wanted to know how the topo maps work( do you have to download them or get a chip or what)
any help was be apreciated

huntinnewbie
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
i was thinking about getting one and wanted to know if anyone has used one. Also wanted to know how the topo maps work( do you have to download them or get a chip or what)
any help was be apreciated
Bought one on the 2nd Feb. So far not to impressed.
I have Windows Vista on my lap top nd it seems that this unit's software does not like Vista. I have been trying for over a week to download some maps with no success.
Second complaint is there is no 12V charger for the unit, only 110. So if you are using it in the bush for any length of time you'll need an inverter to keep it charged.
The basic unit works fine, compass, weather, altitude, basic map, breadcrumbs etc. But we can't get the topo or ariel maps to work at all at this point.
We bought it at London drugs and they have a 14 day return policy for electronics. Right now we are leaning towards taking it back before the time runs out. Paid $268.00 taxes in.