PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend a good northern Taxidermist?

Skull Hunter
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Found one thanks

oldtimer
02-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I can't remember the name but just outside Smithers towards Moricetown there was a supposedly world class Taxidermy. Big place Log Building. anybody remember the name? I believe they did the Grizz in the Smithers airport. Mike

mtnmannbc
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
NorthCoast in Kitimat. Good guy, good taxidermist.

Deaddog
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Marty Loring in PG, Majestic taxidermy, can't go wrong with him.. DD

d6dan
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
This ones In Whitehorse. Doesn't hurt to check it out.. $1800.00 for a lifesize..Ouch!!

http://www.northforktaxidermy.com/

Price List
http://www.northforktaxidermy.com/Northfork_price_list_2009.pdf

Caribou_lou
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I can't remember the name but just outside Smithers towards Moricetown there was a supposedly world class Taxidermy. Big place Log Building. anybody remember the name? I believe they did the Grizz in the Smithers airport. Mike

Norm didn't do the grizz at the airport but yes he does great work. I really appreciate his rugs. great guy also. Always has lots of mounts there to check out. I would not hesitate to bring any animal into him to get mounted.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Even though a person does good work with other animals...PLEASE>>make sure he does good cats. Take a look at their cats..make no assumptions.
Cats are a whole new game.

Congrats on the lynx!:)

SSS

Sitkaspruce
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Marty Loring in PG, Majestic taxidermy, can't go wrong with him.. DD

X2

Even though a person does good work with other animals...PLEASE>>make sure he does good cats. Take a look at their cats..make no assumptions.

SSS

Great advise SSS, ask to see pictures and references of other cats. It is a lot different that shoulder mounts.

Cheers

SS

40incher
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Roger Britton Jr. (Majestic Mounts, Telkwa, BC) did the grizzly at the Smithers airport.

We call the bear "Houston" (it's a long story).

Roger is very good and has won international awards for his work. He's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

plumbob
02-06-2010, 09:09 PM
northern wildlife in burns does great work.give him a call you won't be sorry.

tomahawk
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

SSS

Words of the wise here, heed this post by SSS!!!!

Kitimat Killer
02-06-2010, 09:31 PM
yup x2 on northcoast i work for jan on the side help him out fleshing was there today and had a lynx come in from dease nice cat
NorthCoast in Kitimat. Good guy, good taxidermist.

Skull Hunter
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Well, I spoke to Norm on the phone yesterday afternoon, seemed like a good honest guy, I'd just like to see some of his work. Particularly his cats. I tried to get a hold of Majestic Mounts and Northcoast but couldn't get through to anyone. To be honest, I checked the northcoast website, and was impressed by his work, however the one Lynx he has on there didn't impress me too much, so I'm a little hesitant about that one. If anyone has pictures of any of Norms work can you please post them? Thanks. and Thanks for the advice so far!

dave_83golf
02-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Hey Guys, I am great friends with Norms son....Hes a great guy, and has done some amazing work!!! I have been through his shop 4 or 5 times, and let me tell you, he does a first rate job on every animal he does! If you go to his shop, arranged with him of course, he will have somewhere between 20-40 different mounts! Hes always got a lot of his work in the shop. He will do my first mount without question!!!!

pitbell
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
x3 for Marty in Prince George. His work rocks.

Majestic Taxidermy
250-963-1344

Caribou_lou
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry, i don't have any pics of norms work. But I will when I take down that big billy next year!!

striperjack
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
northcoast taxidermy does awesome work...seen a cougar he was doing and it looked awesome, the lynx is really good too