PDA

View Full Version : Now What

kako
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Last year we put our eager daughter into the core course ( she was 11) and she went through it with 12 guys.we just found out the instructor is being removed from teaching from giving out fraudelent licenses.my kid went through legit.WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

BiG Boar
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Take her to one of the testers and get her to challenge it. Its only like $20 or something. Not worth the headache to dic around complaining. You could probably write it tonight.

Fixit
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
teachers dont give out licences. they give you a "you passed the course" piece of paper which you submit to get your Hunter number and then buy your licence.

If you have your paper from him, just send it in!

kako
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
They Havent Taken Anything Yet. I Want To Know If Thats What Is In Store

Pete
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Contact the BCWF and ask them what they are doing about the situation. Quite a few years ago there was the same type of situation. All the students had to retake at no cost to them. The BCWF will be the ones that will dictate what will happen.

MuleyMadness
02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Just take the paper she received when she wrote the test into your nearest government agent and get her hunter number card. If they don't want to do it for you, have them explain why, and explain to them your daughter did it properly, wrote the test legit, and if that isn't acceptable you will need to speak with a supervisor. Your daughter did nothing wrong, and ALL the licenses this instructor gave out are not automatically null and void, it sounds like to me he was taking money to pass people, or allowing people to use names other than their own. Of course any of those licenses would likely be immediately cancelled, but I see no reason why your daughter's would be too. It's like when a crooked car license examinator gets caught, they don't cancel all the driver's licenses the dude has ever passed people for, just the ones they know he was taking bribes for. Slow down, talk to the people who know for SURE what the deal is, and then decide how you want to play it. IF they say she needs to write it again, talk to people on here about who the good instructors are in your area and she can challenge the exam...it's way cheaper to challenge than to sit through the weekend course in most cases. Also not sure what exactly the BCWF will be able to dictate, while they are involved in the licensing, they don't issue the licenses, the provincial government does, and they would be my first stop.

kako
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah thanks guys.She has her number and shot 2 deer last year.i really preach ethics to my kids and now this happens.I will wait it out>My stomach feels like when my leh comes back and says nil:confused:

doubled
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
If she has her number, you have nothing to worry about. Let sleeping dogs lie!!!!

moosinaround
02-03-2010, 08:46 PM
yeah thanks guys.She has her number and shot 2 deer last year.i really preach ethics to my kids and now this happens.I will wait it out>My stomach feels like when my leh comes back and says nil:confused:
Don't sweat it on your and your daughters part. She passed the requirements and got her hunters number! You are teaching her the ethics not the instructor!! Enter her in LEH's and enjoy the hunting.

Rev.
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm thinking you have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!