PDA

View Full Version : Black bear bow hunting.

Caribou_lou
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I was out last spring looking for a good black bear to take with my bow. Saw many bears but nothing that excited me. I was thinking about calling it a day and try for some fish when I looked up the road and saw a big black bear coming my way. I got in possition and waited. He came to 100 yards and stopped to feed at a green patch. Wind was in my face so I started to move in on him. Before I knew it I was a 50 yards. Decided if I could get to 40 I would have a good shot at him. Without warning he threw his nose in the air and was gone. At that moment I thought " I should have just shot him with the rifle, DANG". He was a big bear. I knew he hadn't winded me, it was blowing in my face the whole stalk. Then thought, what did he wind? A bigger bear? A wolf? Coyote? I held my possition with a nocked arrow. Ten minutes went by, nothing. Twenty minutes went by, still nothing. I slowly made my way to where the big bear was. He had a big foot on him. At that moment I decided to come back later in the evening to this green patch and I would have a god chance at him. Then, to my left I detected movement. I Froze! Slowly turned my head to see something large, brown, and blonde on top. SHIT!! Grizzly. Luckily, he was not aware of my pressence. I slowly backed out and headed back to my truck. Took my Camera out and snapped this pic while I drove back up the road. He was a nice bear, great hide. went back in the evening to see in that black bear was back. He was forced to find another since that grizz was on it later that evening. Didn't take one with the bw last spring. Will go after another this spring. And hopefuly I will have a Grizz tag in my pocket also.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af161/Caribou04/Hunting/Family1255.jpg

deeks1989
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Beautiful picture!
Good luck this season on those tags!:-D

shadow1982
02-03-2010, 08:02 AM
gorgeous animal

jrjonesy
02-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Nice that you were able to get a picture. Good luck this spring!

Ruger4
02-03-2010, 09:03 AM
great photo !

Bow Walker
02-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd have backed out of there too - stepping in my pile o' poop as I went!