PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly LEH Question

7mmWSM
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
If sucessful in the draw, can an applicant decline the leh (ie. tell the ministry to give it too someone else) and not have it affect their odds for the following year? If so how long do you have to decide?

Crappy question I know...but sometimes you need to prepare for the worst....like long distance relatives who may or may not decide to get married during prime grizzly season. I know, I know I should get my priorities straight :)

Thanks in advance.

bighornbob
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
If sucessful in the draw, can an applicant decline the leh (ie. tell the ministry to give it too someone else) and not have it affect their odds for the following year? If so how long do you have to decide?

Crappy question I know...but sometimes you need to prepare for the worst....like long distance relatives who may or may not decide to get married during prime grizzly season. I know, I know I should get my priorities straight :)

Thanks in advance.

There is no process to give it back. So once you get it, its yours and your odds are reduced the next 3 years.

Only for Bison do they have a means of giving your tag back.

BHB

shadow1982
02-02-2010, 09:36 AM
People get married all the time but a DRAW comes by luck, Your luck is decided by your destiny, follow your DESTINY and go hunting

and no, no call backs.

jml11
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
There is no process to give it back. So once you get it, its yours and your odds are reduced the next 3 years.

BHB

You are only affected for 3 years for moose and roosevelt Elk. All other species including grizzly is only 1 year.

A distant relative....doesn't sound to important to me :mrgreen:. If I get the sheep draw I am hoping for I am probably going to miss my wife's best friends wedding (I am sure I will pay for it though...:-|)

Slee
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Divorce rate is 50% these days, grizzly tags can be once in a life time. Chances are better there will be anouther wedding down the road. Go with the odds ;)

j270wsm
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Blood is thicker than water, they will get over it..........oneday.

bwanadick
02-03-2010, 05:27 AM

Thanks in advance.

To hell with the relatives go for your Grizzly If we loose the next election the NDP has promised no more Grizzly hunting and you can probably kiss Cougar and Spring Black bear goodby as well

Fisher-Dude
02-03-2010, 06:52 AM

Only for Bison do they have a means of giving your tag back.

BHB

You are only affected for 3 years for moose and roosevelt Elk. All other species including grizzly is only 1 year.

A distant relative....doesn't sound to important to me :mrgreen:. If I get the sheep draw I am hoping for I am probably going to miss my wife's best friends wedding (I am sure I will pay for it though...:-|)

Except deer, which have no reduced odds. :mrgreen:

LEH sucks, stuff should be on GOS, including many of the low-odds grizzly hunts.

Fisher-Dude
02-03-2010, 06:57 AM
To hell with the relatives go for your Grizzly If we loose the next election the NDP has promised no more Grizzly hunting and you can probably kiss Cougar and Spring Black bear goodby as well

Wise counsel, bwanadick.

Carole James, luckily, has a status Indian husband who, according to her, "gets his moose every year". He must be a very good hunter. :roll:

hunter1947
02-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Why don't you make arrangements with you new bride on trying to get away for a 5 day hunt I know its not that long but at least you have the 5 days to hunt for Mr big better the nothing ????? I'm sure if she loves you she will say yes..

BiG Boar
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I thought it was 3 years reduced odds for everything but deer. That makes me happy.

7mmWSM
02-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback...was a little surprised by the fact that odds are only reduced for 1 year?

I hear you loud and clear and the risk of losing the grizzly hunt...I can remember how quickly good old Ujjal pulled the plug when it came time for him to try and save his butt in the election.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
This is from the LEH wesite.

"

ENHANCED ODDS

Over the years, many unsuccessful Limited Entry applicants have suggested that the draw should be changed to
increase the chances of those who were previously not drawn. In 1993, a new ‘enhanced odds’ system was introduced,
on a trial basis, for elk in the Kootenays (Region 4). The new system reduced (by up to 50%) the likelihood
of being drawn for elk anywhere in Region 4 if the applicant had been drawn in the previous year. Thus, by
reducing the chances of being drawn for previously successful applicants, this system improved the odds for
those who had been unsuccessful. It is important to note that previously successful people could still be drawn,
but their chances were reduced compared to those who had not been previously drawn.
After a three year trial period and consultation with the B.C. Wildlife Federation, this system was introduced
province wide for all species except for mule deer and white-tailed deer. Anyone who submits an application for a
species (other than mule deer and white-tailed deer) they were drawn for the previous year has their chance of
being drawn reduced by 50% compared to a previously unsuccessful applicant. In the case of moose and
(Roosevelt) elk in Regions 1 & 2, anyone drawn in the previous three years will have their chances reduced by 66%."

SSS

.330 Dakota
02-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Friends always welcome--family by appointment
What a wonderfull wilderness honeymoon you san provide...let them carry the honey