PDA

View Full Version : sheridan lake-moose

ratherbefishin
01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I talked to a guy who got an LEH bull south of Sheridan lake-he said they only saw one bull[which they shot] but there was a lot of cows-does anybody hunt this area,and what was your experiance last fall?-I talked to a few people who normally do well east of PG but didn;t connect this year.

FLHTCUI
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
If there are cows and calves there has to be a bull somewhere close by.
The area around Sheridan is vast and the roads are plenty.
Have seen a few cows and young bulls in the area .
But, I have not been drawn in 5 years now, maybe year 6 will be my turn.
Rob

Steeleco
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
My buddy had a draw in there 3 years back, he's a newb and got the fever real easy. We missed on 2 big bulls for sure south west of there.

ratherbefishin
01-31-2010, 10:03 AM
3:30 and 5:1 border each other and if I recall,here is no GOS for immatures only an LEH for area 5:1 I'm wondering if it is worth putting in for a caw draw-I don't seem too successful[5 years now] for a bull draw east of PG which is nice country to hunt-lots of grouse too although we didn't see any deer
I have never hunted this country-although have seen some moose tracks around deadman creek north of savona when we were after late season mule deer.

Moose72
01-31-2010, 10:14 AM
My area and there are LOTS in there. Right place right CALL.

oddsix
01-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Ahh, no moose there. I wouldn't go there. :D

MuleyMadness
01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
There is no cow draw in 5-1 (at least last year) but the bull draws have a good amount of authorizations and reasonable odds. 3-30 is split into A and B, and the odds are reasonable for cow...however they are still rather long, if it's cow/calf you are after, your best bet is almost always the PG region...yes I know it's a bit far away from Sheridan, but if you pull a couple of tags it's well worth it, and you actually have a decent chance of getting drawn...most cow draws around Sheridan and central region 3 are something you get once or twice in a hunting career, so you might want to set your sights somewhere else.

Magnumb
01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Timing seems to be key in that area. Check out "Moose" on youtube. A bull that Elkhound, myself and a friend watched for a while.:)

Elkhound
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Timing seems to be key in that area. Check out "Moose" on youtube. A bull that Elkhound, myself and a friend watched for a while.:)

Yup...its in this thread.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26822

hillclimber
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I know where theres a few moose hanging around near Sheridan. Mostly cows but If I were you print up a map of the sheridan lake trail system which you can find on google and ride the trails. You'll find out where all the swamps are and the map even shows where there are logged areas both new and old. Go there in the summer and ride the trails.

Also North of Sheridan there is this one road and near the end of this one there are some moose.:mrgreen: