PDA

View Full Version : quota's per guide territory.

daycort
01-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Does anyone out there in the internet world have some information on quota's for the outfitters..... say for region 7b.
Thanks in advance.

Moose Guide
01-30-2010, 09:23 PM
All I can tell you is my boss' quota was cut in half last year!(region 5)

karlgotch
01-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Pretty general question - many different outfitters in 7b, and many different species;)

daycort
01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I would just like to see what an oufitt is allowed, for bear sheep moose elk goat that sort of thing

Sitkaspruce
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Check out Harry site. Click on an outfit for sale and they will tell you the animals under quota and how many. Not many for 7b right now.

http://www.harrymccowan.com/BC.php

You can probably contact the regiona off of the MOE and under the FOIA, request the info.

Cheers

SS

01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
PM Bridger, he knows everything about 7B.

Hank Hunter
01-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I would just like to see what an oufitt is allowed, for bear sheep moose elk goat that sort of thing

Why,? you want to by a territory?

Rubicon500
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Ive wonderded as well, spent alot of time loooking only thing that i could ever find was the info on the outfitts for sale on harrrys site.

elkdom
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I know for a fact several Grizzly allotments go unused, just by general lack of interest from Non-resident hunters,,,as for numbers of allotments through out all of 7B, I haven't bothered to inquire,

MuleyMadness
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Can somebody indulge me on one thing though....are there allocations for regions that have GOS for an animal (ie somewhere in the Peace with an open season on moose...with the associated antler restrictions the residents are controlled by) or only those regions where a certain animal is only available via LEH? Sorry for my ignorance by a friend asked me that question the other day, and I didn't know the answer (not being a guide or outfitter) for sure...I told him I knew there were allocations for GO's in say region 5 for moose hunting, but couldn't say if they were under allocations for black bears or cougars in that same area as those animals are available in the GOS....anyone have any idea on that?

yukon john
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Can somebody indulge me on one thing though....are there allocations for regions that have GOS for an animal (ie somewhere in the Peace with an open season on moose...with the associated antler restrictions the residents are controlled by) or only those regions where a certain animal is only available via LEH? Sorry for my ignorance by a friend asked me that question the other day, and I didn't know the answer (not being a guide or outfitter) for sure...I told him I knew there were allocations for GO's in say region 5 for moose hunting, but couldn't say if they were under allocations for black bears or cougars in that same area as those animals are available in the GOS....anyone have any idea on that?

Yes and no, most outfitters can take as many black bear as they want, but other animals might be gos for residents and the outfitter has a quota

bridger
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
sheep in 7b are on quota for non residnts and gos for residents same as region 4

bridger
01-31-2010, 05:34 PM
the only quota species for 7b are sheep and grizzley. bridger non resident sheep quota is 102 grizz not sure will check bridger

MuleyMadness
01-31-2010, 08:08 PM
That's what I thought for 7b...it was an interesting thought, and my first idea when asked was quotas for animals that are on LEH...but then I thought of sheep and how much a hunt brings, and figured there was no way that could be without quotas.

boxhitch
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I know for a fact several Grizzly allotments go unused, just by general lack of interest from Non-resident hunters,,,as for numbers of allotments through out all of 7B, I haven't bothered to inquire,Unused ? Meaning unsold or not filled successfully ?
Many g/o's could sell more tags if they had them. Whats another $1000 on top of the hunt costs??

Bear Chaser
01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
No not buying a territory, just doing a little research.

You probably won't have much competition on next falls sheep hunt except from your hunting partner if the rumors I hear are true. It sounds like you'll be in for a good one.

Amphibious
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
not sure about moose & bear, but we get a whopping 1 grizz tag every 5 years.

elkdom
01-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Unused ? Meaning unsold or not filled successfully ?
Many g/o's could sell more tags if they had them. Whats another $1000 on top of the hunt costs??

many Grizzly tags go unsold, lack of interest,as for hunter success, no problem there, lots of Grizzlies, but many European hunters are choosing to go on Russian hunts, less money,

Rubicon500
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
bridger do you have a breakdown of all the outfitts and there sheep numbers or a website link ? I imagine that is public knowledge just cant find it anywhere

bridger
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
bridger do you have a breakdown of all the outfitts and there sheep numbers or a website link ? I imagine that is public knowledge just cant find it anywheree

you should be able to get them from moe under freedom of information.

bwanadick
02-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Does anyone out there in the internet world have some information on quota's for the outfitters..... say for region 7b.
Thanks in advance.
Each outfitter has his own quota for certan spiecies like Sheep. It might be three it might be 20 depending on the area call the local biologist they will tell you which outfitter has what