PDA

View Full Version : See SPOT run

The Hermit
01-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Yesterday, I FINALLY received the RMA (return materials authorization) and shipping instructions from SPOT on the replacement program for SPOT2 owners. I bought mine in Nov (got them under the tree at xmas - thanks honey) and immediately completed the web-based return request.

In the mean time I have contacted their customer disservice line twice and sent a couple emails asking what the process is in Canada to return the product and when they were going to get this happening. Both the customer disservice reps promised to get back to me because they didn't know and they never got back to me.

Now we will see how long it takes to receive my new upgraded SPOT2.

bigwhiteys
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I was going to buy the SPOT2 to upgrade my current unit and waited a few weeks after they hit the market to see what happened. Glad I waited... :)

My SPOT (first generation) is going into it's 3rd year of trouble free service soon.

Carl

Mr. Dean
01-28-2010, 03:57 PM
My SPOT (first generation) is going into it's 3rd year of trouble free service soon.

Carl

Mine too. :mrgreen:

Kye
01-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I returned mine the other day. I called them and asked when I would have it back, they said they didn't know. I need it for a trip at the end of February, so its a shitty deal. Why send the things to return it when you don't even know when you can ship new ones? especially, when they are still functional.