PDA

View Full Version : 3D Rinehart Shoot !!!! Dates are Firm

Ruger4
01-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Stay tuned for more details as they evolve...........

Bowzone_Mikey
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM
is this a Rinehart 100 ...
or just a regular shoot with Rinehart targets ???

more details would be nice

Ruger4
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
as mentioned above details will follow , this is not the r100

OOBuck
01-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Hurry up!:-D

I'll post it to a site I'm on in Washington State as well.

Mountain Man
01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
The bottom line guys and gals is that the date is set and we are making things happen!!! There is one thing you can trust and that is this will be a one of a kind 3 d archery shoot designed for everyone!!! We all know there is a demand for an increase in the local archery scene in the beautiful Okanogan valley.
A group of local archery enthusiast are trying to change the hum drum repetition of your typical 3-d shoot!! It’s about time we spice it up and this thing in two or three years will be huge with your support.
We have made a commitment to use the best archery targets in the world! This shoot is in a perfect setting for families, camping and will be a great way to spend mother’s day!!! For the none archers willing to attend, and the out of town Mothers grab the “Old mans” credit card and head 10 min into down town Kelowna and spend spend spend !! It’s a weekend for everyone!!
As mentioned this is not a r-100 but I can tell everyone that has been to an r-100 shoot that we had the owner of Rinehart contact us this week and he is very excited with what we are doing and this is a huge step in getting a r-100 in Kelowna !! We need to prove to them that we can attract 4 to 500 shooters before they will even look at us. Trust me we have a group of aggressive enthusiast that will make this happen. This is not the typical 5 guys doing the volunteer work for the masses!
There will be door prizes, unique safe strategic shots, live entertainment witch may include a “Freestyle Motocross Show” Saturday evening.
There will be shooting from sun up to sundown, it will differ from your typical shoot where the shooting ends in the afternoon, we have a bunch of fun things planned for the archer into the evening.
Followed up by a serious honky tonk that will have you primed and ready to go on target one on Sunday!! Spread the words guys this thing will be big and you wont want to miss out!!!
We will even have some options for those people who would like to try archery but may not have a bow!! All bows included absolutely no discrimination!!!! Long bow, Recurve, Crossbow, Compound!!
Feel free to cut and paste anything you see and post this on any other forums you are a part of we would appreciate it!! We will keep you posted on any other news or changes!

http://www.rinehart3-d.com/ (http://www.rinehart3-d.com/)
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcnqcjdw_3f99q78cf (http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcnqcjdw_3f99q78cf)
http://www.heartlandkelowna.ca/index-3.html (http://www.heartlandkelowna.ca/index-3.html)

bowhunterbruce
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
i for one am totally rev'ed up about this shoot,once we iron out a couple more minor details we will be hitting up potential sponcers for some hopefully wild prizes to give away and as has been said there is going to be all kinds of different ways of winning something,so far there is going to be a shoot involving gennis's bows were everyone can compete at exactly the same level for some pretty awsome prizes and trophy's
there was even a couple guys talking abot some moving targets both gravity and motorized.
we will keep you all posted
bhb

hardnocks
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
ken was telling me about it on sat. sounds like a well needed boost for archery in the valley.

threedhunter
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Ken informed myself and a few others this shoot was coming. Lets get it off the ground and make it a huge success.

Jonas111
01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I am fairly new to the archery scene but I am very enthusiastic about the future of archery in the Okanagan. I can only assume that the Okanagan Archery scene is about to grow with Ken & Kory's efforts in training our kids in the schools. These guys are both top notch instructors and have helped me learn this sport very quickly.

This event at Heartland Ranch is going to be great for family's of all ages. I am looking forward to camping out there and being able to shoot all day and hopefully getting my wife ad 15 year old daughter into this sport that I am learning to love more everyday.

This event is going to be an event I don't want to miss. Looking forward to it.

triggr31
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
HI guys i'm absolutely pumped up about this!!! I got so excited about this that i sponsored a target from my company Big Country HVAC and trust me guys the shoot will be fun and something you probably have not seen yet . The guys involved in getting this rolling are energetic hardcore archers with tons of great innovative ideas. This shoot will be for everybody .We also have some special shooting for children and curious new archers . We want to give to our community something exciting for the whole family for many years to come . We will send you home with a bunch of great memories guaranteed. As this rinehart mothers day shoot progresses we want to bring a bigger and better venue each time, your support will make this happen.

hardnocks
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
refering to other clubs shoots as sausage shoots . are you looking for their support ?

Its nice to see kelowna come back on board . and i hope you breath some new life into 3D in the valley.

oldtimer
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
If you think our shoot is a " sausage " shoot ( not exactly sure what that means but it doesn't sound complimentary ) I would ask you when was the last time you shot at Quesnel, Vanderhoof, Prince George, Williams Lake. ?
Before you knock somebody elses shoot make sure yours measures up. Mike

Jonas111
01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Before this gets out of hand I just wanted to say that I appreciate any shoot I can go too. I am not sure what a sausage shoot is but I don't care as long as I can shoot some 3D or spots and I appreciate the clubs that host them. There time and effort should be rewarded in some way. So from me I want to say thanks.

I am sure there was no harm meant in that comment and I hope that Kelowna will be able to host two or three shoots a summer. Its a great place for family's to come camp and enjoy. Just like most 3D areas.

I am also looking forward to heading up to Williams lake shoot this summer. That sounds like it will be a great time. I will be building a house on Quesnel Lake at that time. We will be camping up there.

I am hoping Kelowna's shoots can be as good as the shoots up North so they might be able to host a Provincial event someday.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
well Oldtimer beat me to it ... I read last nite about the sausage thing ... spent untill now triing to figure a way not to get my privilages revoked ;)

What the kelowna Club is doing is by no means a new concept ... Camp Health Hope and Happiness west of Edmonton has been doing it for over 14 years now ... strictly as a Fundraiser .... last year 250 shooters brought in over 1000 bucks a peice in pledges(on average) to send disabled people from western canada to summer camp ... they have given away ATVs, Boats, $2500 cash shootoffs amoung many many other prizes all donated by outfits in western canada. Last time i was at that shoot I got an all inclusive bear camp hunt in Northern AB .... I gave it to a friend as i can hunt bear off my back porch, Had I known that Lee and Tiff were there the same time as my hunt I may have have gone with Scott just to hang out in camp, Mother of all Shoots is a tough shoot to stack up against, as is Medicine Hat Eagles nest in cypress hills ... I go there just for the food .... undergroud cooked pig and buffalo side, the nightly entertainment was pretty good at times too ...

I certainly hope this works out, dont get me wrong, Unfortunatly I probally wont make it as I will be in Vancouver on business for like a week in late april, I want to go to Willys puddle shoot, and I have a date in Edmonton for my Neices HS grad later in may and the Q-town shoot is at the end of May ...

bowhunterbruce
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
sausage shoots even has me stumped,after all for myself it has always been about myself being the best i can be when that shot is presented to me in hunting situations and supporting every other club through out this province in thier efforts.
i do know that the main motivation behind this shoot is to bring as much attention to anyone new to the sport as well as to bring awareness to those that have thought about it yet were not exactly sure of the where to start.we will have a number of traditional bows there for useage by anyone who wants to give it a try for the first time and i'm hoping we set up a few compounds for newbies to shoot at the same time out at the practice range.its all about showing just how much fun can be had in a family setting where everyone in the family has fun ,after all this is the reason for doing it on mothers day weekend.
by going with the rinehart targets it is a ways and means of promoting the fact that we are going to be doing everything within our power to bring the r-100 to bc.
yes there are clubs all over the province that a select few volunteers help out ,doing set ups,dinners,burgers etc and we all appriecate the efforts that goes into running these events.
this shoot, everyone that has a stake in it will have to set up thier own target/targets.this alone should bring out some major creativity as well as lessen the work load.at the same time having the shoot at a venue that is taking care of the food/drinks/camping mean the work loads on our better halfs that also help out, means they too can enjoy the festivities.
this should allow us all to focus more time into making the over all event a great time for everyone
bruce

Bow Walker
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM
"Sausage" shoots must mean that there will be a variety of sausages as an alternative to wieners for your hot dog enjoyment?!?...

triggr31
02-02-2010, 01:12 AM
okay guys please don't get stuck on (sausage) all i was saying is we are trying to bring it altogether as a family function and not that the other clubs don't but we are taking special care ,especially on mothers day to make it work. I'm sure you guys can appreciate that. I go to twenty or more shoots a year and enjoy all of them. so please don't make a negative out of a positive. I was not attacking the other shoots by any means and sorry it sounded as bad as it did to you guys .without a doubt you could pick my writing apart all day long . I do have pride though for how much work we are putting in to this. You know if other people have done this than so be it ,this will be another shoot to expand the archery world in the okanagan .

Bow Walker
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Expanding the archery world/enjoyment is always a laudable undertaking, and we applaud you for the effort(s). http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_thumb3.gif

But, we do (it seems) need someone to rake over the coals... and you did put yourself up as a candidate for that position when you typed/thought "sausage".http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_bangdesk.gif http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_bat.gif http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFi_biggrinsmack.gif

Ruger4
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
BowWalker

Is there a highlite shoot on the Island (3D) if we rallied a few troops and ventured in your general direction to partake ?

Thanx
Rob

Bowzone_Mikey
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
okay guys please don't get stuck on (sausage) all i was saying is we are trying to bring it altogether as a family function and not that the other clubs don't but we are taking special care ,especially on mothers day to make it work. I'm sure you guys can appreciate that. I go to twenty or more shoots a year and enjoy all of them. so please don't make a negative out of a positive. I was not attacking the other shoots by any means and sorry it sounded as bad as it did to you guys .without a doubt you could pick my writing apart all day long . I do have pride though for how much work we are putting in to this. You know if other people have done this than so be it ,this will be another shoot to expand the archery world in the okanagan .

Thanks for clearing that up .... for the record it wasnt the word "sausage" that set me off ...its the idea(or the impression conveyed ) that the kelowna group are the only ones that have thought of this concept .... I dont know if this is the point you were triing to make ... and in all Honesty I dont know much about BC shoots as since I have moved to BC I havent actually shot alot ..(my job requires me on weekends ... so I have to pick and choose carefully) If you folks would look slightly to the east ... you would see that most Weekend shoots are Family events Starting in January in Lethbridge at the "Ironman" and having at least one of these Major Family Shoots each month untill July when Provincial finals are

hardnocks
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
trigger31 its good to see your enthusiasm . i hope you get all the help you need to put on this shoot .theirs always lots of volunteers tell the work starts. one of the reasons shoots are getting stale is the same few people do all the work.

ruger11 i have shot in alberta and most shoots in southern bc. and the best IMO are the island shoots. best run except they have some dumb rules like if you miss you can take another shot for half score.....and theirs lots of traditinal shooters so behind every animal theirs someone looking for arrers LOL

Bow Walker
02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
BowWalker

Is there a highlite shoot on the Island (3D) if we rallied a few troops and ventured in your general direction to partake ?

Thanx
Rob

I grabbed this from the Cowichan Bowmen's website...
http://www.cowichanbowmen.com/index.php

I left in the Washington State shoots because a lot of BC'ers head down there to kick some Yankee bootie...:wink:

Jan 16-17 2010 Indoor 3D Agri Fair Arena Abbotsford Ridgedale
Dale 604-853-7094 Wayne 604-859-2066

Jan 16-17 2010 Cad Davis Memorial 3D Abbotsford Sagittarius Dale 604-853-7094 or Wayne 604-859-2066

Jan 31 2010 Safari Shoot Cowichan Bowmen Duncan, BC
Mike Gravelle 250-298-9036

Feb 7 2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby Sonia skinnygoddess@hotmail.com

Feb 12 2010 Harry Tutton Shoot Parksville Qualicum F&G Miles Johnston twintrunks@shaw.ca

Feb 21 2010 Parksville Qualicum F&G Shoot Miles Johnston twintrunks@shaw.ca

Mar 13-14 2010 Indoor 3D Fort St John Rory Chapple 250-787-2137 or
Ken Bouck 250-785-4472

Mar 14 2010 3D Spring Bear Abbotsford Ridgedale Lorne 604-530-6156 or
Steve 604-864-0907

Mar 21 2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby Sonia skinnygoddess@hotmail.com

Mar 21 2010 St Pats Day Shoot Nanaimo F&G Larry McFarlane 250-753-3695 profat@telus.net

Mar 27-28 2010 3D Courtnay F&G Comox Lake Connie Sorenson shawn_con@shaw.ca

Apr 17-18 2010 Spring warm Up 3D Custer Wa USA Joel 306-220-4258

April 18 2010 Rogers Creek Shoot Port Alberni Bud Hubert 250-723-6528

Apr 18-2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby Sonia skinnygoddess@hotmail.com

Apr 25 2010 Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser 3D Abbotsford Ridgedale
Lorne 604-530-6156 or Steve 604-864-0907

May 1-2 2010 * Annual Outdoor 3D Cariboo Archers Williams Lake, BC
Lee Jackman 250 398-5691

May 1-2 2010 Shoot For The Cure 3D Surrey Semiahmoo Stan 604-534-0203 or Dale 604-533-5884

May 8-9 2010 Whiskey Jack Archers Outdoor 3D Terrace BC Lorne Sandhals isandhals@telus.net or 250-638-1535 evenings

May 15-16 2010 WSSAA State 3D Custer WA USA Joel 306-220-4258

May 22-23-24 2010 TBBC Championships Logan Lake BC Bill Tozar 250-658-4720

May 29-30 2010 Campbell River 3D Campbell River F&W Gerry McKay 250-830-8513 huntson@telus.net

May 29-30 2010 Outdoor 3D Fort ST John Rory Chapple 250-787-2137 huntson@telus.net

May 29-30 2010 Eagle Eys Archers 3D Prince Ruppert BC Colin Bennet 250-624-4637 colinent@citytel.net

Jun-5- 6 2010 Cowichan Hell Hole Shoot Duncan, BC Mike Gravelle 250-298-9036

June 12-13 2010 Summer Classic 3D Nanaimo F&G Larry McFarlane 250-753-3695 profat@telus.net

June 12-13 2010 Summer Warm Up Custer WA USA Joel 306-220-4258

June 13 2010 Hunter Classic Hunter Scoring Range Finders allowed Abbotsford Lorne 604-530-6156 or Steve 604-864-0907

Jul 10-11 2010 * BC Outdoor 3D Championships Cariboo Archers Williams Lake, BC Lee Jackman 250 398-5691

Jul 18 2010 3D Fun Shoot 2nd Leg Fraser Valley Tripple Crown Surrey Semiahmoo Stan 604-534-0203 Dale 604-533-5884

Aug 6 2010 Novelty Shoot till Dark Camping Abbotsford Ridgedale Lorne 604-530-6156 Steve 604-864-0907

Aug 7-8 2010 3D Fun Shoot Abbotsford Ridgedale Lorne 604-530-6156 or Steve 604-864-0907

Sept 4-5 2010 Gold River 3D Shoot Gold River R&G Brent Donaldson 250-283-7787 wildcat1@island.net

Sept 12 2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby Sonia skinnygoddess@hotmail.com

Oct 17 2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby sonia skinnygoddess@hotmail.com

Oct 17 2010 Cowichan Harvest Moon Shoot Duncan, BC
Mike Gravelle 250-298-9036

Oct 24 2010 Pumpkin Shoot Nanaimo F&G Larry McFarlane 250-153-3695

Nov 14 2010 Flat Field 3D Burnaby Sonia skinnygodess@hotmail.com

Dec 12 2010 Turkey Shoot Nanaimo F&G Larry McFarlane 250-753-3695

GoatGuy
02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
This looks like a great idea.

Good job on putting it together.

Keep the music down

unless we're up there for the festivities.

bowhunterbruce
02-08-2010, 11:07 PM
well tonight we had our second meeting and although there are alot of great ideas and plans being implemented i was wondering what would everyone else love to see at this shoot be it as a fun style compitition for prizes to stuff for mothers to have fun with or compete in and keep it clean guys on that one lol
i look forward to hearing from as many of you 3d,compound,traditional,fita,crossbow archery types out thier.oh ya and lest i even think about the hunter types my favorite opinions come from you guys so bring it on
bhb

oldtimer
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Well I believe I read that there will be a licensed premise at this shoot. Strongly recommend that it NOT be open until all the archery is done for the day. I know at our shoot anybody known to have been drinking is not allowed to compete in any "fun" shoots. Too dangerous and definitely sends the wrong message to all attendees especially the kids. Just my opinion. Mike

Mountain Man
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Very good point "oldtimer" ! Any of your thoughts and ideas will be appreciated!

$17,000 in Rinehart Targets where order one week ago!!!

We where contacted last week by the Alberta Archery Association and they are so pleased that we are pushing for a R-100 in Kelowna that they have sent us several e-mail's showing the representation, size, and support from Alberta and Sask confirming that if we can get a R-100 they will bring 3-400 shooters !!! Not to jump the gun but just some good Archery news for BC shooters if we can pull this off in the next 1-2 years!!

http://www.r100.org/

MM.

peterrum3
02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Hey Bruce, its nothing new but a challenging hunter round is always good. Looking forward to you posting the phone number to reserve my camping spot.

bowhunterbruce
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
hey peter,we did discuss the addition of an extra set of pegs in the ground set up for the challenge of the extream hardcore hunting situations,so i'm thinking that once we accually get out there and map out the coarse that this will be thought of through out each and every shot.keeping in mind every member that is directly involved with this shoot will be responcible for thier setting up of there own target some may not want an extream hardcore shot as that will be left to the individual.
here is the link to heartlands website
http://www.heartlandkelowna.ca/ for those of you all that want to reserve your camping ,just give deb a call
keep in mind that the camping fees have been adjusted for this invent and if memory serves me from our first meeting i believe its around 20 bucks but dont hold me to it.maybe ruger4 could refresh my brain on that one
bruce

oldtimer
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Is there any areas for primitive camping at no charge like at most of the shoots ?? Mike

peterrum3
02-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Booked my camping spot for this shoot, looking forward to it, should be a good time.

bowhunterbruce
03-03-2010, 06:41 AM
a little birdie tells me the targets will be arriving early next week ,anyone in the kelowna area that has a 16 to 20 ft trailer they could lend out for a day or two so one of the guys could go and pic them up this weekend,if so get ahold of ken or kory at hardcore.the one we had availible, the owners are away in mexico right now it is needed to go to meet the rep in jasper as he will bring them part way for us.

bowhunterbruce
03-23-2010, 06:04 AM
well the targets are all here without a hitch and last night we did the preliminary layout of the coarse design.there are going to be such a varity of shots from typical uphill and downhill, to open field and moveing shots.with a few shots that will include some of the best views the okanagan valley has to offer.we have also confirmed a few of the prizes so far like a complete wall tent with frame,a youth bow and alot of ofther ways of winning cash and prizes including the soon to be treasured coveted belt buckles.
the band has been confirmed for the saturday night as well as breakfast for sunday morning.
we are planning to have a shotgun start on sunday morning so we can have the coarse cleared early enough to do prizes and awards and everyone who travels for it can get home at a decent hour.
start your planning everyone,mothers day weekend isn't all that far away:-D

willyqbc
03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Well I sure would like to see the R-100 come to B.C. and I do think you could draw the rquired 400+ shooters, but if you need to show rhineheart 400+ shooters at your local shoot before they will come......well I just don't see that happening in B.C. anytime soon.

Some words of advice if I may, one of the most important things you folks can do as a group is get out and support other clubs in a very visible way, if you do not they will not support you. As an example the club in Quesnel used to put up to 40 shooters on the ground for the 100 Mile house shoot, over time as year after year went by with noone from their club supporting ours, that number has dwindled to just a few every year that may still go. Point is, if you want to grow your shoot you need to get out in numbers and network with folks from other clubs. People are quite fickle nowadays and really pick and choose which shoots they attend and the ones they attend have less to do with quality of the shoot and more to do with the social aspect of getting together with friends they have made.

Bowhunter Bruce....last year the clubs from V-hoof, P.G., Quesnel, and Williams Lake got together and had some real honest discussions about what folks liked or did not like about each others shoots, from that we kind of came up with some "best practices" to increase attendance at a 3D shoot. If you are interested, I would be happy to share that info with you. Shoot me an email at mascqbc@telus.net if you're interested.

Chris

GoatGuy
03-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Well I sure would like to see the R-100 come to B.C. and I do think you could draw the rquired 400+ shooters, but if you need to show rhineheart 400+ shooters at your local shoot before they will come......well I just don't see that happening in B.C. anytime soon.

Some words of advice if I may, one of the most important things you folks can do as a group is get out and support other clubs in a very visible way, if you do not they will not support you. As an example the club in Quesnel used to put up to 40 shooters on the ground for the 100 Mile house shoot, over time as year after year went by with noone from their club supporting ours, that number has dwindled to just a few every year that may still go. Point is, if you want to grow your shoot you need to get out in numbers and network with folks from other clubs. People are quite fickle nowadays and really pick and choose which shoots they attend and the ones they attend have less to do with quality of the shoot and more to do with the social aspect of getting together with friends they have made.

Is this advice or a spanking?

oldtimer
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
I believe it is advice, don't see how it can be a spanking for a new shoot and the start of a new outdoor 3D season. Good advice in my opinion
Mike

GoatGuy
03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I believe it is advice, don't see how it can be a spanking for a new shoot and the start of a new outdoor 3D season. Good advice in my opinion
Mike
Good to hear

willyqbc
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
most definately was just friendly advice based on the experience of putting together or helping to put together close to 50 shoots in the past 10 years. No Spanking intended at all!!

Chris

bowhunterbruce
03-23-2010, 08:51 PM
chris every bit of input is something we are going to value and pay very close attention to.
approximatly 75 % of our group regularly attends the shoots throught out the valley each and every shoot and usually its even higher then that.
our support is realized, as is thiers recognised when ever there is a shoot within 2-3 hrs from kelowna we all try to get envolved.
we want to bring the rest of the province to this part of bc again in numbers never seen before in hopes that we can achive the enthusiasm that alberta has for our chosen sport and bring it all together by including every family member,especially the kids and our better halfs.
e-mail is on the way
bruce

hardnocks
03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Just a ?? bruce what about the camping . is all camping 20bucks a nite or is there primitive camping .

Ruger4
03-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Just a ?? bruce what about the camping . is all camping 20bucks a nite or is there primitive camping .

I will confirm that for you today Hardnocks

Canuck2
03-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm also hoping to camp there so I'm interested in the pending information. There's lots of talk here about this shoot, too, and I believe there will be several shooters attending from Grand Forks.

Ruger4
04-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Heartland / Hardcore 3D Camping info
May 8/9th 2010
reservation contact and info

1-250-808-8849
joanne@heartlandkelowna.ca

oldtimer
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
So I guess that answers the question about non expensive camping. $50.00 for my trailer is a little steep. Hope you have a good shoot. Mike

jessbennett
04-17-2010, 09:58 PM

Bowhunter Bruce....last year the clubs from V-hoof, P.G., Quesnel, and Williams Lake got together and had some real honest discussions about what folks liked or did not like about each others shoots, from that we kind of came up with some "best practices" to increase attendance at a 3D shoot. If you are interested, I would be happy to share that info with you. Shoot me an email at mascqbc@telus.net if you're interested.

Chris

wasnt some of those "best practices" raising the cost of entry fees? especially for families and children? just asking. being the past president of our club i seem to remember that was one of the "ideas".

Bigbear
04-18-2010, 03:06 PM
CHris , At No time Have I ever see 40 shooters in 100 Mile From Quesnel. 100 Mile Has been Boycotted By some Quesnel and Williamas Lake Members BEcause they didnt want to raise the fee's to $35.00 from the $30.00 that Quesnel, Prin Geo, Williams Lake and Vanderhoof Clubs Decided On. I was the secratary Of the Williams Lake Club at that Time , and At the Executive Meeting It was brought Up to Raise the Cost of the Shoots, and Nothing Concrete had been decided at that Meeting.To The best of My knowledge The representive from our Club did so with out the Full Vote of our Executive.

!00 Mile Has Always Done their own thing. They are Mostly Traditional Club with some Compound shooters as well. They Just want every body to Have a good time and have some Fun. No They don't Have the Best Targets , No some of the shots arn't the Best set ups, No some times the dinner isn't that Great,no there isn't a Bunch of elite shooters there, There is some (Canadian Indoor and Outdoor 3D recurve Champs) But every one there has a Good time.

Raising Costs is a sure way to Chase people away. Most people Have to travel to Go to Shoots, and to a Family with two kids $5. or 10.00 More Means a lot especially If they spent 200 On fuel,a stop at Mikey D's on the way, a Hundred or so for entry , including spot shots , extra rounds,10.00 each on the supper. that's Pushing $500.00 , to travel an Hour or 1 1/2 , to a shoot. People just can't afford spend that Kind of money every weekend.

If you have to Spend a Big Dollar to Attract People, then Turn around and raise the cost of admission to Offset it, then their shooting them selves in the foot.

The Bottom Line is Make it Affordable, Just my opinion

jessbennett
04-18-2010, 06:15 PM
recently at our indoor, i decided to shoot only one day. the cost to shoot one day, 2 rounds was 20 bucks. if i had of shot the sat, it was 3 rnds. the cost still was going to be 20 bucks. so i get to shoot less rounds on sunday. the cost for the weekend was (i believe) 35 dollars. so one would think that if your shooting less than half the weekend you should have to pay at the most half wouldnt one think? 100 mile house charges 5 bucks a round for a two day. as many rounds as you want. sat or sunday. they have some fun shoots even at the indoor. they have a system where even the people who only shoot one day have a chance to compete. its laid back its fun and i seem to think that affordability, and a good time make a shoot worth going to. it seems to me that to up the costs for these shoots is definately a step in the wrong direction.

again this is just my opinion, and in no way a dig. just ones opinion.

willyqbc
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM
CHris , At No time Have I ever see 40 shooters in 100 Mile From Quesnel. 100 Mile Has been Boycotted By some Quesnel and Williamas Lake Members BEcause they didnt want to raise the fee's to $35.00 from the $30.00 that Quesnel, Prin Geo, Williams Lake and Vanderhoof Clubs Decided On. I was the secratary Of the Williams Lake Club at that Time , and At the Executive Meeting It was brought Up to Raise the Cost of the Shoots, and Nothing Concrete had been decided at that Meeting.To The best of My knowledge The representive from our Club did so with out the Full Vote of our Executive.

Kelly, in response and will all due respect....the reason Quesnel shooters stopped going to hundred mile house is mostly due to the fact that in all the years I have been involved here in quesnel I have seen a total of maybe 10 shooters from 100 mile over a span of about 7 years. When Quesnel was putting upowards of 40 shooters down there in support of their shoot (I have pictures to prove the numbers) and they showed no support to us it pissed people off over the years. Add to that some of the other issues with the shoot you mentioned in your post and that is why folks stopped going. It had nothing to do with the other 4 clubs standardizing 3D shoots up here.
In regards to that, at the time the clubs got together to look at standardizing these shoots the standard price for a 3D shoot was $35 for both indoor and outdoor shoots with the only exception being that Williams Lake indoor used to be $30. The package was not decided on by the representatives of the 4 clubs, it was just put together by them and sent back to each individual club to be voted on and accepted or declined....I can't speak to how that was handled with the Williams lake club though.

Chris

bowhunterbruce
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
well its about time to bring this thread back up and back on track,we have been working diligently for the last month getting the coarse ready and laid out.not to mention organizing sponcers, prizes,cash challenges etc etc.with only a little over a week left before our inaugral shoot we feeling pretty stoked about it, yet realisticly optimistic about the turnout.
our goal has always been to try to get the numbers here for the shoot so we could show rinehart that we here in bc can provide a destination place for them to bring the r100.into western canada for the first time.
i believe that as a group we have done our part and although the venue we have chosen is providing a ton of stuff for us for free, camping is were they will make a few bucks from those that come and camp. heck if i had a big yard and i lived close to the venue i would offer it to those that wanted to be there for it but didnt have the extra funds for camping.at 20 bucks a night its still pretty cheap considering that there is even gonna be a pretty decent band on saturday night.i am planning on finding out about a tv for those that may wanna still watch the hockey playoffs considering the canucks are still in there.
there has been noted that there is going to be a draw for a 10'x12'x5' framed wall tent or a bowtech captian compound bow.tickets are at 10 bucks each or 3 for 25.00.each ticket bought give you a chance at both prizes and anyone can buy them so amount sold will determine what that odds will be.both prizes are worth around a thousand bucks so a couple people have a great chance at a great investment.
i do hope to see you all there and hope we have a great turnout.spread the word and remind those that know already and i look forward to accually meeting a few new hbc members.
bruce

The Hermit
05-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I am sure looking forward to this shoot! The weather looks like it might cooperate too! Can someone post a like to a map for directions please.

If anyone between Victoria and the shoot needs a ride I have one seat available...

bowhunterbruce
05-03-2010, 06:08 AM
looking forward to having ya here hermit.follow hwy 33 out of town towards big white.a short 10 min. out of rutland (7-11).just after the hairpin corner on your right you will see the heartland ranch sign.there will also be target type signs placed at stratigic locations for those outta towners comming our way.

Ruger4
05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
I am sure looking forward to this shoot! The weather looks like it might cooperate too! Can someone post a like to a map for directions please.

If anyone between Victoria and the shoot needs a ride I have one seat available...

Bill , call me when you get close to town, 250-212-7280 or anybody for that matter for directions, I'll be there thursday night setting up and most of friday. A huge thanx for your generous contribution, our group looks forward to meeting with you. All the best, travel safe and we'll see ya soon

Rob

Ruger4
05-03-2010, 07:48 AM
i am planning on finding out about a tv for those that may wanna still watch the hockey playoffs considering the canucks are still in there.
bruce

yes there is a big wide screen in the lodge right in the heart of all the action , hockey will be on !!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Rob

hardnocks
05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
unfortunaly for me sat. is a work day so is their going to be enough shooting to come for the sunday.

bowhunterbruce
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
hey merv ,there will still be a ton of fun on sunday as well with 2 rounds to shoot as well as the big draws for the wall tent and the bowtech.hope we see ya there buddy.

bowhunterbruce
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
so a few of ya have asked about pricing etc.25.00 for adults for 3 rounds of 15 and a mulligan per round and also includes 5 spots per round on saturday with the winner of the spot shoot off recieving a 100.00 gift certificate to mission meats on lakeshore drive. sunday is 15 bucks with mothers shooting free oh ya and all mothers will recieve a free pancake breakfast on sunday morning.
cubs are gonna be 5.00
there will also be a long distance shot costing a buck a shot at a gorilla at long range, with half going to the closest shot and the other half going to the kelowna food bank.
as you all can see there is going to be alot of ways to have fun and possibley win something ,not to mention the band on saturday night.
the lodge is far enough away from the campsites that should you not feel up to partying it wont keep you awake yet at the same time it not that far of a walk (or crawl) back to your camp.
strick rules will be inforced and NO BOOSE will be allowed during the shoot.
remember his isnt about us makeing a ton of money ,its about you all possibly have the oppertunity at shooting a r100 shoot,being its mothers day means that she can spend the day accually having fun with the family and she will get her special treatment.
hope we see ya all here

oldtimer
05-11-2010, 06:10 AM
So how was the shoot ?? Looking for a follow up, pics maybe, numbers etc. Hope all went well. Mike

bowhunterbruce
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
well we had great weather for the shoot and the coarse looked way better then i have personally had the pleasure of shooting anywhere else.alot of good challenging shots yet at the sametime not so hard that every report comming in was that of positive responce's with enthusiasm behind thier experiences.
comments like"this was as good as both the bc's and canadian nationals" and "ranks right up there with the best they have been too" were just afew of what we were hearing.
although we did not achive huge numbers we are very happy with the numbers we had on both days and feel very confident next year we should have not too much problem attaining the numbers to get the r100 up here.
just about every campsite had people in it and a few even shared spots,great way to lessin the cost.
the dinner on saturday was incredible and the band rocked with awsome sets everyone could both relate to and sing along with when they started including the audience as back up singers.
the wall tent was won by a 19 year old female who is very new to the sport.
the drenalin bow was won in a shoot off style shoot where one person was elimanated(worst shot) out of 6 until the winner was declared and he gave it to a 9 year old girl.the long shot was at a foam filled gorilla and 2 or 3 people accually hit the spot at over 100 yards,nicely done.the bugling elk and moving velociraptor were big hits and over half shot from the extream stakes for added challenges.although a few arrows were lost over some of the banks we did recover alot of them and they will be there for next years shoot and this was the only minor complaint we heard yet at the same time they also said in the same breath they just needed to not be intimidated by the shot lol.
for those of you that couldnt make it ,you missed a great one however we do look forward to seeing you all next year.
we had shooters there from edmonton,victoria,100 mile,kamloops and all over the okanagan valley.
we will be having a wrap up meeting very soon and will let ya all know who the winners all were etc.
thank you to all those that did attend it really ment alot to us to have you all there.
bruce

threedhunter
05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
bowhunterbruce, thank guys , a great weekend was had , personly, i made it around both courses, both days, shot so-so, but had an easy time on the trails. even the downhill trail. shot all extreme shots and had a young shooter choose to shoot the extreme rounds with me. (he felt that the youth pins were too easy).
now what many don't know, after keromeos, i had my left knee drained and spent most of last week using a cane to help walk.well, no cane on the weekend and today, the pin feels ok.great shoot, good food, will be back .threedhunter

Ryan
04-08-2011, 09:44 PM
This is going to be a great shoot. A lot of work and planning has gone into this! Looking forward to participating in this shoot especially with all the great targets!