PDA

View Full Version : hunting show at the tradex in abbotsford

NEEHAMA
02-21-2006, 04:24 PM
next weekend is the hunting show at the Tradex. lot's of new products and sweet deals. i know this because my buddies at the Reliable Gun booth (hate to bring stuff back home!). you didn't hear it from me.

Steeleco
02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
That's the first weekend in March!!!

Tarp Man
02-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I will be there Friday, as night shifts collide in dramatic fashion with the rest of the show. (no HBC hat though).
-Tarp Man

Perry
02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
We're going to be back for our third year with a wall tent set up near the hunting stage. The show keeps getting bigger every year. Wayne Carlton will be giving seminars on game calling. Here's the website. It lists all the exhibitors.
http://www.reel-shows.com/about.html

Dano
02-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Excellent! Been looking forward to this years show.
And of course this weekend is the classic car show at the Tradex. My Nova buddies will be there but my '66 Canso is still a ways from being done.... maybe after goose season I'll get serious on it.;-)
Dano

huntwriter
02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
March 3rd to 5th are marked down on my calendar for several moths now. I shall be there at least on two of the three day to check it out and meet folks. If everything goes right we might have a stand there too next year. :wink: I am thrilled to hopefully meeting up with an old acquaintance of mien, Wayne Carlton, we did a seminar together some years back, long story and lots of fun.

I am exited and feel like a kid when the circus comes to town, hope to see some of you there. I shall keep a lookout for HuntingBC cap wearing folks too.:grin:

Fred
02-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I wonder if Mr Carlson would autograph a Wayne and Watson CD? Fred

abbyfireguy
02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Great, more drunk hunters invading my town.......
Just kiding guys,hope you have fun,,,just got back from The Evergreen Sportsman's Show in Monroe Washington....It has a lot more hunting stuff than the Tradex show,but hunting isn't frowned upon down there like it is here...
Hopefully there are some great deals at the tradex show like last year..My wife will probably hide my plastic cards on my this time.:(

MichelD
02-23-2006, 08:57 AM
I've never been to one of these.

What is your experience.

How serious are the deals? I'm not looking for big ticket items, but sale prices on shotgun shells would be great.

Maybe a Leupold fixed 4 M8 if it is significantly cheaper than I can get it from Wholesale Sports for too.

Maybe I need ...

rock
02-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I'll be there on saturday, I don't have a hat but will be wearing a bull moose sweat shirt and my black bush hat. Hopefully there's more hunting booths this year.

BCKID
02-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I wanted to be there but I am working and can't get the time off. Work from 1500-0100hrs every day until sunday. Oh well, next year I hope. BCKID

Gateholio
02-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I made this into a sticky in case some guys want to plan to meet up or whatever...

After the show, everyone can post thier comments, good or bad, and when we all get tired of it I'll "Unstickify" [technical term] it!:-D

cwocarsten
02-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Come visit the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Booth. We have a couple of nice prints that you can put your name in for with a donation. We are raising money for sending kids to camp this summer in Chilliwack. We have enough for 4 youth (13-17years old) so far and we are trying to double it. Each youth we sponsor ($700 per) goes to camp for a week and when they are done they have a first aid certificate, CORE Course Certificate, and a Firearms Course. It is a good way to PASS IT ON to our youth.

partsman
03-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Well I have to take the daughter to a Birthday party Sunday at 2:00PM at 8 rinks in Burnaby, but I am trying to see if I can still get there to the Tradex early enough to meet up with Clark and give him something he wants.:tongue:
Then head back to Poco to get the daughter and take her to the party.

kishman
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Come visit the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Booth. We have a couple of nice prints that you can put your name in for with a donation. We are raising money for sending kids to camp this summer in Chilliwack. We have enough for 4 youth (13-17years old) so far and we are trying to double it. Each youth we sponsor ($700 per) goes to camp for a week and when they are done they have a first aid certificate, CORE Course Certificate, and a Firearms Course. It is a good way to PASS IT ON to our youth.

Me and some buddys from work will be there on Friday Evening I'll be sure to stop by, sounds like a wothry enough cause to me.:grin:

slyfox
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Does any one now what time the show goes till on friday.

derek p
03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
slyfox,

noon til nine on friday,,til eight on sat,, and five on sunday.

slyfox
03-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks derek.

bcboy
03-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I'll be there on satrday with my 10 yr. old boy.. sorry but I;ll be wearin a

a huntshoot hat :neutral: ..I will be wearin jeans,jean shirt and brown leather

jacket..and cowboy boots..say hi and I'll say hi back:smile:

Fred
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Ex and I plan to attend Friday evening. I can be recognized by the bushy gray beard, glasses and the Black Flexfit HBC Hat! ;) Fred

partsman
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I am hoping to meet Clark there Sunday morning.

Here is a pic of my rugged good looks.:lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/partsman/94950014.jpg

bcboy
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey I remeber you from way back..hunters?? 24 hr. ect. ect. I

am not suprised by your looks but ya might wanna consider a new huntin

partner:lol:

Steeleco
03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Myself, Chappy and lil Steeleco will be there Saturday at opening, looking for deals on GPS and waterproof bino's I hope!!!!

Marc
03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I'll be there on satrday with my 10 yr. old boy.. sorry but I;ll be wearin a

a huntshoot hat :neutral: ..I will be wearin jeans,jean shirt and brown leather

jacket..and cowboy boots..say hi and I'll say hi back:smile:

You know how we can fix that now don't you Dave :wink:

Hunter4life
03-03-2006, 06:16 PM
If any of you guys find some good deals, i wouldnt mind hearing about them. have a little bit of a show and tell of some new goodies you guys buy.

Steeleco
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll be lookin for him, traitor :roll::roll:

Fred
03-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Ex and his wife and baby were there along with myself tonight. We were there from about 430 til 6 or so and didn't see another HBC hat. We did meet a couple of good people though in the form of the owners of Deluxe Wall Tents and the gent who sells the Lazer Boresighters. Oh yeah, we also got to meet and talk with Wayne Carlton. A fine gentleman, he even gave Ex's wife an autograph to go with her "Wayne and Watson" CD.
Gee, I almost forgot to mention that I got a set of Bushnell Explorer Binos in 10X42 for being the 1700th person through the gate. I wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed 2000 people in the first day. Fred

lip_ripper00
03-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Looks like I'll be in line before 10am see ya there:biggrin: Hey Fred nice going:cool:

Tarp Man
03-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, I was there tonight also, did you hear Wayne's story of using his elk call in the airport bathroom? Gave me some good ideas! I don't have a HBC hat yet, so I might have seen you and didn't know it! I found a good deal on Browning camo from Reliable. Those guys are very helpful. Couldn't get the time of day from the guys at Italian Sporting Goods. They were too busy playing with Airsoft guns.
-Tarp Man

bcboy
03-03-2006, 10:42 PM
You know how we can fix that now don't you Dave :wink:

Hey dont you remember I stole the idea and ran with it at hunshoot.I

like the fact we are ok with this...and ya put me down for a huntbc hat..

I also, said if you were ever in the Squamish area I would gladly take you

blacktail huntin.:-)

Steeleco
03-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey dont you remember I stole the idea and ran with it at hunshoot.I

like the fact we are ok with this...and ya put me down for a huntbc hat..

I also, said if you were ever in the Squamish area I would gladly take you

blacktail huntin.:-)

Ok we'll go easy on ya :wink::wink:

LOC
03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Good to see you down there Rock! Not too bad a show, same story though - lots of toys I don't have the $$ for :(

kishman
03-04-2006, 10:58 PM
If any of you guys find some good deals, i wouldnt mind hearing about them. have a little bit of a show and tell of some new goodies you guys buy.

I picked up a pair of Irish Setter "Deertracker" boots for $89.00+tax at the Marks Workwear booth. I had looked at them the week before at thier store and they were over 200.00. It was pretty nice of the sales guy (young kid) to tell me they were marking those boots down for the show:-D .

Steeleco
03-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Well I tried but didn't see any hat's other than my son's!! But I too snapped up a pair of those boots, should be nice and warm come fall, Other than a lengthy play at the Leup booth I didn't see that much in the way of great deals but was an OK morning just the same

ex bc guide
03-04-2006, 11:36 PM
All in all it was a great show did not see any members with hats on though, The show seems to grt better every year
Mike

kishman
03-05-2006, 12:40 AM
got my hat order in I think they're waiting for more guys to order....

rock
03-05-2006, 01:00 AM
We'll I have to say the show was all in all pretty good, had a few good deals but like everything else you never seem to have enough money, as for meeting people I did manage to meet a few of you guys which was great,Loc was great meeting you as well as ruger#1 thats the funny thing with us hunters as you meet you always seem to have so much in common and there never seems to be enough time.
By the way mark it was great meeting you and you remind me of one of my brothers, you have a twin out there and you don't even know it, we'll have to get together for a few beers in future.

Seth
03-05-2006, 02:12 AM
well I got myself another bushnell 3200 and a pair of those boots also. AS for the scope I opted for the 3-9x50 this time instead of the 3-9x40. I got a good deal so I couldn't turn it down. I also met with the simmons weaver rep who told me that the simmons deerfield scope I have ( Its old and came on the rifle when I bought it used ) which fogs up could be sent back to Calgary for a replacement of equal or greater value. Not bad to end up with a brand new scope when you think your going to have to toss it because of it fogging. Great guy!

ruger#1
03-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Nice meeting you and your son and Friends Rock. i also found some deals. I'm going to order a big game Arctic shield coat, its water proof and is good for 40 below, heck for $150.00 you cant beat it, it is also in the pine tree ca-mo, also had Wayne Carlton shake my hand, i think it was due to me wearing his ca-mo gear, also the sport shops in the valley will soon be selling his ca mo.

mgnm300
03-05-2006, 08:08 AM
yup, it was a good show,it was nice to listen to wayne carlton do his calls all with one reed ,,,amazing!! i really didn't seee any really good deals. i was looking at the spotting scopes and wasn't really sure if they were a good deal or not , other than that i liked that there was more to see this year but it woulda bin nice if they had it spread out more in that section since it was really difficult to move around . i found that area to be the most crowded at any given time than anywhere else. funny how ya'd rather be huntin than installing a waterless toilet!

Johnnybear
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
My son and I went over on Saturday morning and checked it out. I think it was a little better than last year with some new stuff etc.. I didn't see any members although I was looking for hats. I picked up a robo duck from Kent Outdoors for $99.00 bucks. I also talked to the deluxe wall tent folks and thought they were great people and their made right here on the island. My son had a blast:-D and tried out every boat, ATV, bike, Argo, etc. there. Didn't catch any fish but he won some prices at the guppy races. I was really bumbed out because the Leupold guys forgot batteries for the new range finders :frown: . All in all a good show and a long day. Sure nice to get back on the rock and out of traffic.

cwocarsten
03-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah those range finders are going to be reeeeal niiiice, and$$$$$$$$. Good for hunters with money who do not know how to compensate for an uphill or downhill shot.

Johnnybear
03-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't think their going to be that expensive. Simular to the bushnell's the Leupold guys said. I think they take alot of the guess work out of calculating an uphill or downhill shot that most folks (however experienced or what ever their finacial situation) just don't get a chance to pratice.

Gateholio
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Lets see...

I met Partsman (Thanks alot for bringing that gear for me to pick up!!):p He disspaeared on me, but he had to pick up his kid.

And Redfrog (while I was walking through the parking lot)

BigRacks I chatted with briefly.

1/2 Slam and I had a good chat.

Met Camp Cook and we had a good talk, too...

Chatted for a long time with Guy Scott, and swapped some stories.

May be others I have forgotten...:eek:

I picked up some gear, got an AMAZING deal on a RCBS progressive press...:eek:

The teepees looked cool, as did the propane tank stoves. Some new Italian boot maker had good selection, althoug I didn't try any on.

I tried to get to look at some optics, but most of the place was packed and as I start to lose patience with crowds easily, it was time to go...:lol:

bogman
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Big crowds all three days at the show. I saw 2 HBC hats coming towards our booth and I thought I would introduce myself but they must have turned down another isle. Fairly sure I saw Gatehouse (although we've never met) in the distance too (I think beside the AMZOIL booth) but again didn't pass ours.

Jetboater
03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
yes the good ol amzoil booth, :grin:

Steeleco
03-06-2006, 04:57 PM
yes the good ol amzoil booth, :grin:
The young lady at the both didn't need leave much to the imagination :cool::cool:

Just a little of topic, my son got a pat on the back from the lady helping out the booth that had the Wolf mount over the yote!!! She overheard him telling me about how the two dogs don't like each other. She stopped us and said that he was the first kid that could tell them apart, apparently lots of parents were telling their kids the yote was a wolf pup!!! Made him feel good, just goes to show kids do sometimes listen :wink:

craigchaplin
03-06-2006, 11:16 PM
All in all was a good show. Spent a few hours drooling over stuff. I picked up a new pack but managed to keep the visa in my pocket most of the time. Was better than last year fer sure.
And yeah, that girl at the amsoil booth.....WOW

huntwriter
03-07-2006, 12:55 AM
My wife and I went to the show on Saturday but I haven't seen a lot of it. My wife has been busy taking pictures while I was chatting mostly with Wayne Carlton all day long about past times and new plans for the future.

I looked at some ATV's and boats. My wife tells me she has seen a few HBC hats, amongst them a guy in full Wayne Carlton camouflage with Ruger #1 on the back of the cap.

Well there will be always next year where I hopefully get so see more of the show, unless we are going to have our own booth there, then it will be all work and no pleasure.

bcboy
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice meeting you and your son and Friends Rock. i also found some deals. I'm going to order a big game Arctic shield coat, its water proof and is good for 40 below, heck for $150.00 you cant beat it, it is also in the pine tree ca-mo, also had Wayne Carlton shake my hand, i think it was due to me wearing his ca-mo gear, also the sport shops in the valley will soon be selling his ca mo.

You or anyone got a link to this Arctic Shield..and anyone got x=perience

with it.??

Johnnybear
03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Try this http://www.arcticshield.com/.

ruger#1
03-07-2006, 08:45 PM
MB this ca mo is made by Dickie's.i seen the big game arctic shield coat. and for $150.00 it isn't bad.sorry they don't have it on the Dickie's website, it is a signature series, i don't think they are aloud to sell it.you will find some of it at camowest, and archery experts. the reps said they will be selling it in the valley very soon , i also had some posted in my gallery hunt writer you should of said hello. i don't bite.

huntwriter
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
MB this ca mo is made by Dickie's.i seen the big game arctic shield coat. and for $150.00 it isn't bad.sorry they don't have it on the Dickie's website, it is a signature series, i don't think they are aloud to sell it.you will find some of it at camowest, and archery experts. the reps said they will be selling it in the valley very soon , i also had some posted in my gallery hunt writer you should of said hello. i don't bite.
I would have ruger#1 if I would have seen you. I was upstairs with Wayne japing. Then he went to give another seminar and I went to look at some boats and meet up with my wife and it was then that my wife told me that she has seen "A HBC fellow decked out in Wayne's camo" when I asked her if she could make out a name on the back of the hat she said "yes Honey. It said Ruger #1." Shame I missed you.

Camp Cook
03-08-2006, 12:42 AM
I was there volunteering in the Wild Sheep Society of BC's booth Friday afternoon, Saturday evening and all day Sunday.

Had a great time and meet a few people from the different sites that I frequent.

Gatehouse so you're the fellow that snapped up the progressive press that my buddy that sold it to you wanted so bad. :p

He was really hoping that it wasn't going to sell and that he was going to take it home himself....

Gateholio
03-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I was there volunteering in the Wild Sheep Society of BC's booth Friday afternoon, Saturday evening and all day Sunday.

Had a great time and meet a few people from the different sites that I frequent.

Gatehouse so you're the fellow that snapped up the progressive press that my buddy that sold it to you wanted so bad. :p

He was really hoping that it wasn't going to sell and that he was going to take it home himself....

Then why was it for sale?;) :cool:

When i see a $250 sticker on a complete rprogressive RCBS press (including powder measure which sell for $100 each anyway) I am goingto reach for the wallet.

I had a LEE Loadmaster on order already, but it was sucha good deal I had to have it. The RCBS will do 223 and 22-250AI ammo and I'll uise the LEE for pistol.:lol: