PDA

View Full Version : 2 ATVs in a 6'x10' cargo trailer?

One Shot
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Has any one gotten 2 ATVs by piggy backing them (placing the front wheels on the back rack of the atv in front) inside a cargo trailer that is 10'5" long on the inside? If it works are their any issues by doing so?

Thank you.

bearhunter338-06
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I have seen them in the back of a pickup trucks with the first one standing up with the front wheels on the cab of the truck and the second one standing up against the first one.

Slime green cat
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Has any one gotten 2 ATVs by piggy backing them (placing the front wheels on the back rack of the atv in front) inside a cargo trailer that is 10'5" long on the inside? If it works are their any issues by doing so?

Thank you.

Ive done it once, and seen it done many times . The only thing you might want to do is to make sure the rear quad that is sitting on the angle doesn't have a full tank of fuel and the fuel is shut off to prevent any leakage.
You aren't going to hurt the machines, the racks can easily handle the weight of the other machine .
Just make sure everything is tied down tight and your good to go :)

dukester
01-25-2010, 07:45 PM

Thank you.

if you take the air(most) out of the piggy back front tires it will hold steady on the back rack better.

boxhitch
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Maybe if the front quad in the trailer has its front end up the front wall somehow, ramps anchored 4ft off the floor maybe ?

Mugger
01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Just make sure you turn the fuel off, and use some sort of padding where machines com into contact with each other or the trailer/truck or you will cause rubbing damage do to vibration.

Rock Doctor
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
I used to put 2 quads in the back of my pickup all the time. First quads front tires on my propane tank, second quads front tires on the back rack of the front quad. No issues.

pete_k
01-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Should be fine. Check the manual to see if it's OK to transport on such an incline. Just make sure your gas cap is tight or you have only 1/2 tank.

Also, maybe roll it out without starting the motor and let it sit for a few minutes to let the oil get back to where it should be before you start it.