PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack Cougar hunting?

madtrapper85
01-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Is there anyone that lives in chilliwack that goes cougar hunting that i could possibly come tag along and learn a thing or two? I wanted to get into it for a while but have no clue where to start. (beside just buying a tag and walking threw the busch with a dead rabbit strapped to my leg lol)

I like hiking and i enjoy a good callenged hunt.

Thanks guys

pazz0
01-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Sounds interesting. I've always wanted to hunt cougar.

Barracuda
01-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Sounds interesting. I've always wanted to hunt cougar - minus the cheating dogs.

Cheating dogs??

Spokerider
01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
lol.
Sometimes the less *others* understand about hounds and hunting, the better off houndsmen are :wink:.

r106
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
from what I have read, hounds are the only way to hunt them. Other than that it's a total fluke. Ask your self this, how many deer and other wildlife have you seen? How many cougers? I have seen 1 couger and it was a fluke. They are very sneaky. I'm not saying it can't be done. If your up for one hell of a challenge then good on you and giver
________
KONRAD KM-011 (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Konrad_KM-011)

madtrapper85
01-30-2010, 10:37 AM
I definitely like challenges, and thats why im trying to get involved in some of the toughest hunting.

whats the best time to hunt?

Barracuda
01-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Happy Hour:mrgreen:

BearStump
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Good luck dude. I've hunted allover the place around chwk. and have only ever come across 1 set of tracks. lots of bobcat, but cougars are rare.
I'm not naive enough to say that they're not here, cuz I know that they are. But GOOD LUCK.
Try scuzzy mtn. out in Boston bar. I've seen a shitload of cougar tracks up there.

Look74
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I had the trap line in the Chilliwack valley and have hunted a lot of cougar, it's hard work but a great sport, there are a few cougar hunters in the area. Check with your local C O they should know who has hounds. Look in buy sell & trade then off topic , there is a book about cougar and bear hunting.

abolt
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
used to hunt bear with hound's back in the 70's, best time of my life!!!
there was a guy in yarrow, i do not know if he still hunt's or not.
like others have said ask around co's ect.