PDA

View Full Version : Called in a deer??

kwasky
01-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Went out to our property at Chimney Lake this weekend. Thought it would be a perfect time to try out the jackrabbit call i got for christmas. Went out saturday and called in a fox(need to get my trapping liscense cuz ive seen about 10 of them out there). Anyways went in for the night. Went back out today and sat behind a big dead tree right on the fence line. I started calling and about 5 minutes later I heard branches breaking and stuff comin at me so i grabbed my gun wondering wtf a coyote dont sound that loud. All of a sudden this doe comes runnin right at me pissed off, snorting and stompin her feat. She even saw me move. she came to within about 10 yards snortin at me still creepin her way towards me so I stood up and waved my arms and she took off(Didnt think to take pics). I started calling again and about 10 minutes later same thing. So I grabbed my camera this time and took some shaky pics and a video. Thing is, is that it looked like a totally different doe.

heres the pics and the vid.

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/kwasky/?action=view&current=DSCF0015.jpg

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/kwasky/?action=view&current=DSCF0017.jpg

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/kwasky/?action=view&current=DSCF0019.flv

treeclimber
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I have had that happen a couple times with does

Jelvis
01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I called in a huge mule deer buck and if I was hip on technology like you I could have had a thousand dollars worth of sound, sight and the buck, it's in my memory bank for life, unless I have a a stroke or brain anurisym.
That's when I realized a dream I had, being able to trick a big mule deer buck, to come back around change his direction to perfection, a come here deer, doe bleat, and a tube grunter, and the right timing, the right volume of direction deflection to perfection, you can do it, but like I said, I hunted same spot for fifty years, called in other deer too, it works if you see a deer or two, it works good, but hide behind a tree and look out, another buck came out only a quick look and gone, palmated, brown, 24 inches wide, gave me the pink slip, and i felt like a dip..
I learned then and there it works and I believe in calling during rut times..
Jelly .. Call ..C'mere is a goody .. go to a outdoor big box department store and get a decent call

Stone Sheep Steve
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Happens often with mulies but puts the fear of God in whities.

SSS

springpin
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
i had lots of success calling in deer this year. Both WT and Mule. Called my whitetail into about 30yrds. And mulies to within 5ft(mulie doe) she got kinda aggressive stomping her feet, circling around me. Mule bucks to 10yrds. Calling deer in and watching them run head down straight at ya is an awsome rush... My best year calling deer.

Springpin

Buckmeister
01-25-2010, 12:41 AM
The sound your making in the video sounds like a fawn in distress....deer will respond to that sound in remarkable ways....if the deer thinks a predator is after the fawn the deer will run in, go back and forth, and then run out in an attempt to lure the predator away from the fawn...I have tried it once but with no success.
If you watch the Primos video on how to call deer, they have a demonstration of the "fawn in distress" call that is quite fun to watch.

GoatGuy
01-25-2010, 12:49 AM
If you have the secret weapon deer will chase your vehicle.

hunter1947
01-25-2010, 06:47 AM
I did no calling for deer till last year ,it really opened up my eyes last year when I tryed calling for them..

ghost
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I have used a doe and a fawn in distess call .They have worked on both bucks and does.It is pretty cool to watch them respond.On one occasion I had a doe chase after me on my mountain bike.

mikethemilkman
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
coyote hunting in sask could not believe the deer that came a running it works especially during the rut