PDA

View Full Version : Season Ender!

longshot
01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone,

Today I spent the last day of duck hunting with my 12 year old daughter. We had a great time; the weather was perfect and the ducks were flying.
Catharina was able to get a wigeon and a mallard. Hope everyone had a great season. Can't wait for goose season next month!

Longshot Sr.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/501/DSCN2207.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/501/DSCN2212.JPG

01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Right on, great to see the new comers to our sport.

Congrats to her and you for getting her out.

CT

kyleklassen
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
those are some nice lookig mallards.

Theo722
01-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Great shooting Catharina. Nice looking birds

01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
one day.....one day i"ll get it figured like you guys
nice ducks i love to see dads/moms and kids and good days huntin

Marc
01-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Glad you were able to get out with Catharina, I find it hard to believe that you managed to go duck hunting without Jr in tow.:mrgreen:

The smile on her face says it all.

Good luck during the goose season.

Tanya
01-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Excellent! Great to see the kids out gathering life skills!

longshot
01-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Glad you were able to get out with Catharina, I find it hard to believe that you managed to go duck hunting without Jr in tow.:mrgreen:

The smile on her face says it all.

Good luck during the goose season.

Jr. had a test at school but Catharina goes to Middle School and had a Pro-D day yesterday, so it was the perfect opportunity for her to get some hunting in without her older brother "supervising". As a parent, I'm glad Jr loves hunting and the outdoors as much as he does - a lot of kids his age only care about parties, etc. Jr just needs to relax more and enjoy hunting as a recreational sport, not a competition. Oh well, he's sixteen, in a couple of years, his perspective will probably mellow out.

I agree, Catharina's smile shows how much she loved the day out! She would really like to come out more often, but she has figure skating on Saturdays from September through March. She definitely wants to come out during the goose season in February on Sundays.

Good luck to everyone!

Longshot Sr.

dabat
01-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Good on you for having your daughter come out with you. I can't wait to take my girls out with me. A few years to go, they are 4 and 2, although the older one already likes fishiing.