PDA

View Full Version : Last day in CloverGulch

01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Well my hopes of wind and rain were not meant to be, still I went to spend at least a morning with the families golden, Oz.
It was his first duck hunt, he's new to it, I being a Lab, Shorthair, and Wiemeraner fan wondered about the Oz mans long hair some of which goes 10 inches. The wife was not impressed that her baby was going to at least get covered in mud. Boy did he, what a gas! The birds were hardly flying, we managed 3 Mallards and a couple of Widgeon before we called it a morning. Oz just didn't know what to make of the wooden and metal boom stick that makes a hell of allot of noise, still he did fine. Bringing back a couple of these weird flapping birds, that make me all happy, (whats with that he must have thought). Humph? what ever floats your boat he guessed. Man what a nice day, too nice for duck hunting, so thats it for another season, I hope I get out a few more times next season then my few times this year. Sure love shooting dem birds over the deeks, what a gas, brings back tons of good memories with friends and family from the past.
So I bathed Oz, and managed to have cut away the burrs before the wife gets home, nasty things, now I remember why we used any thing but goldens. Still, it was well worth it ! I'm no dog groomer hahaha
Now I'll prepare to get it from da wife later ....... to bad so sad, the dog had a good time too!

I hope you had a great last day of the season too.

CT

01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
di ya givem a mohawk?
sounds like a fun day, hunting over a dog is the best. Watching them look at you and say "DAAAAD did i do it right? huh did I?"
i love it

Marc
01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you had a good day over there. Any day out hunting ducks even if you only manage a few birds is way more better then going to work.:mrgreen:

If your wife gives you any flack tell her that's what the breed was bred for...hunting.

Dream Catcher
01-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Just curious who's farm your hunting..Pm if you like