PDA

View Full Version : williams lake lakes

hunter1993ap
01-19-2010, 09:07 AM
my family is planning a trip up into the williams lake country this year at the end of june. we are going to charleott lake, horsefly lake, and somewhere on the chilko river. i was wondering if anybody has been to any of these places and had very good success. i am also starting to tie some flies so if anyboudy has any suggestions of some flies to tie i would very thankfull.

01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
when you are at Horsefly, think of going to Tisdale lake. Its not far from horsefly town of. Really nice camp ground with a million fish in the lake.

dabat
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I was up at Charlotte Lake a few years ago and I remember the fishing as being outstanding. There are a couple of others right in the area and if I remember correctly, you can actually boat to another lake(Baby Charlotte?). Funny though, I have not thought about going back....until now!

hunter1993ap
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
dabat what size of fish were you into at charlotte lake? and how windy was it? i've heard it can get quite rough out there did you find it to rough to fish ever

srupp
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
hmmm better lakes Sheridan, Forest, helena, Fir, Owen, Fire, Elk,...Jackson Hole...

cheers

srr:-D

hunter1993ap
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
went to sheridan last year and was to buisy for us and the fishing when we were there was really slow. i would go back but want to go somewhere different this year. the lakes also have to have cabins on them.

plumbcrazy
01-22-2010, 07:28 PM
If your heading all the way out to Charlotte lk. Why not try Nimpo? Good fishing for rainbows to 3lb. Or try Kappan for one fish after another some days, though alittle bit smaller. Hot Narko has the biggest trout in the area, but sometimes you need to be patient. I've caught trout over 7lb there before.