PDA

View Full Version : Clovergulch Duck Hunt

01-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Well,
I'm hoping for wind tomorrow, that helps to bring them in around these parts. I can't hit day-light but will be out 8:30 ish. Can't wait, I used to pound the Cloverdale area years ago for ducks and pheasants and having a family eats up a ton of my old spare time. Well the season is now near an end so I hope they will be decoying tomorrow. Likely have to be back early enough to get the kids from the bus, so I hope I have my chances, the rest is up to my luck.
Will report tomorrow some time.
BANG BANG BANG ..... Plop Plop Plop....... I hope.
CT

Theo722
01-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Friday and Saturday while the rain lasted we did get the ducks to come down from the 1km up sunny and no wind pattern while in a Chilliwak field.
Friday limit
Saturday 5 till the wind blew out all the rain, and ducks.

How'd you do?

01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Well I'm back, too much fun, I sure miss the lead shot and the distance it could shoot.
Birds were skidish, weary, the clear morning and no wind made it tough to get them to the ditch line where the blind is, it was ok though, brought home 5, more Widgeon around then any others, some pins and a few Mallards too, the Widge lead the pack with being stupid so got 3 of them, a Pin and a Mallard.
I hope I can still get in another shoot before it's closed.
Good luck every one these next last days.

CT

nano
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Congrats on getting some down. How are the sloughts are they super full? Planning on going out for my last shoot fri.Also got pics?

nano

01-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Nano, a limit of Mals is worth a pic, not Widges ...hahaha

Maybe I'll do better or select Mals more if I get out one more time, there are some nice coloured Drake Pins and Widge, some are not complete yet, Mals are complete right now, usually by now their all in full plumage but the warm weather has held some of them up.

Our fields drain all too well now that local farmers pumps are better, there's enough water though. I think If I go out 1 more time I'll Hide in the middle field in the unharvested corn, they really stay away from the ditch lines.

Good luck to you.

CT

nano
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks CT

nano