PDA

View Full Version : Canadian resident Grizz hunt, how to?

North Star
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi guys and gals,

After bringing a very good and long time friend from Sask along on a grizz hunt this fall it goes without saying that he is now dying to set himself up in a once in a lifetime hunt. How exactly does a Canadian resident get himself in the draw and hopefully a tag? Is this possible? Does he have to hire a professional guide for grizz?

If not a grizz tag then how about maybe a goat or sheep tag?

I know that if I have had a big game licence for 3/5yrs or 2/5yr with CORE completion I can apply for a "permit to accompany".

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

325 wsm
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I think help is going to cost your friend about $15,k for a grizz and $20 to $40 for a sheep. You might get the goat on a permit to accompany though.

North Star.....Cool Name

BlacktailStalker
01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Yep grizz and sheep he's SOL unless he has deep pockets.

North Star
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
15k ouch! Actually a grizz tag is listed as 1030.00 for a Can res. ???

He'd definitely be stoked about the goat hunt.

mark
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
I think help is going to cost your friend about $15,k for a grizz and $20 to $40 for a sheep. You might get the goat on a permit to accompany though.

North Star.....Cool Name

Cheaper for him to move to BC become a resident, then just buy cheap tags and go hunt! Some grizz draws are almost a given if your willing to drive a long ways!

MuleyMadness
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
BC, unlike AB (and maybe Sask) doesn't allow now residents to enter LEH draws unfortunately. Because grizz are all LEH, he will have to hire a GO for that or tag along again with you and 'watch' you shoot yours while hunting something else if he wants to carry his own rifle. As there are GOS for sheep and goats in BC he can just hunt those by buying a non resident tag.

Krico
01-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Good luck getting a permit to accompany for sheep either, even though they're not 100% LEH - it's kind of an "unofficial policy."

So no griz, no sheep...but the goat is doable.

North Star
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys. Kinda like to keep it on the up and up. What a p.i.a.

srupp
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
There are no permits to accompany for either grizzly or any sheep.

srr

elkdom
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
BC, unlike AB (and maybe Sask) doesn't allow now residents to enter LEH draws unfortunately. Because grizz are all LEH, he will have to hire a GO for that or tag along again with you and 'watch' you shoot yours while hunting something else if he wants to carry his own rifle. As there are GOS for sheep and goats in BC he can just hunt those by buying a non resident tag.

! sorry !, non residents cannot just buy a tag for BC sheep, only available to non residents by hiring a licenced GO ( BC Licensed Guide Outfitter)

GoatGuy
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
You can take your friend for goats where there's a GOS on a permit to accompany. Leave yourself a couple months to get all the paperwork processed.

srupp
01-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I had a couple of rascals...nawww actually wonderful friends from Alberta..Tim and I hunter hosted them in northern BC for cariboo and Andy shot a BOONER..waaaaaay up the list...and Phil also shot a cariboo...took well over 6 weeks to get the paperwork done for the fly in hunt..

srr

bridger
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
brought to by through the compliments of the goabc!!

MuleyMadness
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
! sorry !, non residents cannot just buy a tag for BC sheep, only available to non residents by hiring a licenced GO ( BC Licensed Guide Outfitter)

See I always thought the law allowed it...like someone said it's an UNOFFICAL policy maybe..sorry for the wrong turn there guys.

North Star
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the replies and help guys, much appreciated.

No sheep? Not even in GOS?

Krico
01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
No sheep? Not even in GOS?

Not gonna happen.