PDA

View Full Version : Wet Friday the 15th of Jan 2010.

Marc
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Woke up and went to the garage to get the decoys, I could hear the rain coming down and thought to myself what the heck are we thinking. We had lots of rain and more warnings about flooding. I didin't think it would be that great of a day as there would be flooded fields everywhere. we decided that more would be better where decoys were concerned and we set up 4 dozen duck decoys in the pond that formed from all the water.

The spread had several high flyers cup there wings and come in for a look. Not sure if it was the wind or the rain but the shooting wasn't best we've done. We missed a few easy shots not seeing the birds come into the decoys and had several species of ducks visit the decoys. We managed to take a spoon bill hen, pintail hen, widgeons, and mallards. When the sun finally broke it was like someone flipped a switch and the ducks stopped flying. I had to pack it in early as I had to get ready to head over to Vancouver to meet up with Elkhound and Dutchie for a morning shoot on Saturday. We ended the morning with 13 ducks between the 3 of us. Not a bad morning considering the conditions and how much water was around for the ducks to be scattered in.

Here is a pic of Field Marshal, his friend Tom, and Marshall the dog.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/fridays_hunt.jpg

We heard a bit of shooting coming from the bay and what sounded like an army contingency coming from Tanya's and Johns.:mrgreen:

shotgunjohn
01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Lol the weather conditions were my excuse for some not great shooting that day as well. In fact with the wind and the late season spooky ducks it was definately the most challenging shooting we did all season.