PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Friday

Tanya
01-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Been trying to get my friend and her son out duck hunting for a while, but with kids in sports weekends are tough for them. I told her that when our kids were young and the morning promised wind and rain we called a "Life Skills Day" and let them skip school and come duck hunting. She took my advice and they joined us on Friday morning (my day off and John made our son do double chores at the farm :mrgreen: - seniority) The waters were very, very high limiting our choices on where to set up, but nevertheless we did OK.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/007-4.jpg

Got some very fat mallards, one of which was HUGE bodied, and a few widgeon. Some pretty spooky birds out there being late season and all, but the weather was just so, so perfect.... much fun!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/004-1.jpg

Blainer
01-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Looks like a GREAT family day,despite the rain.

d6dan
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Nice spread of ducks Tanya.:-D. Even crappy weather days can be good shoots.:wink:.

Theo722
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Good spot for a shoot from the picture, nice shooting.
I only like rainy windy days for it . Last couple of days were great.

Chessieguy
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Great looking shoot... Its great to see the smiles on the youngsters faces. You don't get smiles like that from video games!!!

field marshal
01-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh come on it wasn't that bad out there.:-D
Sounded like you guys were only 100yds from us!!
Sound travels on a stiff southeast.
Nice haul! My grandkids are playing HOOKEY this Fri. last day.:mrgreen:
Cheers, Field Marshal.

longshot
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Great birds! Yes the ducks right now are indeed very fat, but very spooky.

Good job,

Longshot jr.

cavebear
01-16-2010, 11:03 PM
nicely done

Tanya
01-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Oh come on it wasn't that bad out there.:-D
Sounded like you guys were only 100yds from us!!
Sound travels on a stiff southeast.
Nice haul! My grandkids are playing HOOKEY this Fri. last day.:mrgreen:
Cheers, Field Marshal.

The only way the weather itself could have been better was if it was snowing - those blizzard kinda conditions are duck slayin' conditions.:mrgreen:
Yup, some days it sounds like you guys are in the field next to us. We could tell when Marc got his gun back - loud!:shock:

Ian F.
01-17-2010, 07:58 AM
You Rock Tanya!

Taking them out was over the top, taking them out on Friday, WOW! We had 45 degree "movie rain" here, I'd taken the day off to go out and well went to breakfast with Sherrill & Hannah instead before spending the day working on decoys...

We never forget out firsts, be it ducks or other things!

Your top shelf,

Ian

Marc
01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Good going Tanya and the gang! Looks like you have your share of water in your fields this year. Take the good shooting when you can as god knows there are more bad then good days.

The first two mallards to hit the ground that morning for use were huge birds with lots of yellow fat on them.

Come on my gun isn't that loud :mrgreen:. I wonder if it's because it's a gas operated gun maybe?

Tanya
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Come on my gun isn't that loud :mrgreen:. I wonder if it's because it's a gas operated gun maybe?

LOL!!! Are you kidding, we weren't even hunting the home front when you got it back and we could tell :mrgreen:!!! We were at the other place further south.