PDA

View Full Version : A Slingshot, A Schoolyard, & A 6 Pack

Axeman
01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a story and a question. Living in the LML there aren't a lot of hunting oppertunities on a Wednesday night. So when my buddy discovered his little girl's schoolgrounds were loaded with rabbits I thought problem solved! We strolled over after dusk with a couple of slingshots and a 6 pack. It was great! We nailed a few each, drank our beers and wandered back to his place. We cleaned our rabbits (with the help of his lovley 5 year old daughter) and bingo, a damn good night and a little meat for the freezer. We've been doing this on and off for months. Well the other night we decided to partake in our Wednesday night outting and this time someone showed up with a gun... Now I must say the police officer was extremly understanding, and was nice enough to let us keep the rabbits and not give us a fine for open alcohol in public (which we didn't get cause we were packing out the empties when we got stopped). Apparently it's illegal to hunt on school grounds. We were then told we were to date, the wierdest tresspassing call the officer had ever got. Now my question, I kinda got used to the meat anyone know where I can get some rabbitts on the weekend? Maybe even with a .22?:mrgreen:

KB90
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
The winds of shit are blowing....I smell a shit-storm.

01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
that was funny man!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah funny!
i concur wth Leihee bartels
stop where you are, you havent exibited a good thought process thus far!
re think your plan!
make sure you are out of the city limits.
and no a silencer will not allow you to stay in town

Phil
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
I hear U-Vic has a shite load of rabbits and is desparate for a guy like you.

http://mordibowlsclub.org.au/cms/media/we_want_you.jpg

hotload
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
LML, Killing Rabbits in a school yard, while drinking beer. Unreal!!!!! Uh Oh, Friday night entertainment, sit back and scroll. Bring it on. Should let the rabbits live and have open season on these weirdo's.

325 wsm
01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
are you related to water skeeter

boyd050
01-15-2010, 07:10 PM
hey you guys are definitely in the elite field of hunters... I think you should film your hunts, send them into wild tv, you never know you could be the next episode on .............COPS!!! I'm lMAO great story... and as asked.. are you a relative of waterskeeter..come on you must be!! great entertainment!!!:tongue:

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 07:15 PM
too funny ....

Blainer
01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
I would imagine you gut and skin them in the field?
Mostly for the viewing pleasure of the kindergarten students.

Huntergurl
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
And the gene pool gets a little bit shallower.

elkdom
01-15-2010, 08:34 PM
title,, THE TRAILER PARK BOYS GO HUNTING PART'I'

title,, THE TRAILER PARK BOYS GO HUNTING Part(II)( Bubbles Shoots his OWN Pet Gerbil)

stay tuned, THE TRAILER PARK BOYS join DUM and DUMMER on A WABBITT HUNT,,,, part(III) they all shoot one another! :-|

do you BELIEVE??? lmao:-?

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
City folk will do the funniest things sometimes...sure it's believable...rabbit meat is tasty, rabbits are plentiful...why not...just don't let the local constables catch you. Funny...

Ambush
01-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Is there an actual law [municipal or provincial] against killing feral rabbits?Are they indeed feral rabbits? Would it be legal to live trap them?

I think its funny. A little Ozark, but funny.

mr eagle
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
No pics????? Lol great stuff, I've been eyeing up the bunnies that live in the bushes around my condo for some time now..............

Gateholio
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I htink I'd be tempted to do something similar if I lived int he city and I saw a bunch of rabbits.:mrgreen:

Brew
01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
only in maple ridge eh. come down to kanaka creek pole we got lots. coyotes too.

huntcoop
01-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I htink I'd be tempted to do something similar if I lived int he city and I saw a bunch of rabbits.:mrgreen:

If UVIC had a culinary school you'd be in heaven.

coach
01-15-2010, 09:56 PM
This could really catch on in Kelowna - bunny problem is really out of control. Just need a little more information.. What brand of slingshot do you use? What is the draw weight? What grain of shot do you use? Would round rocks work - just to keep some of the costs down? What about shot placement?

wolverine
01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
If you listen ever so closely you can hear that banjo music coming out of the Ridge. Huntgirl... I think that gene pool needs a little chlorine!:wink:

kyleklassen
01-15-2010, 10:15 PM
are you related to water skeeter
it's been pretty quiet from the waterskeeter camp lately. went from lighting it up with 930 posts.. to not much and 929 posts now.

MikeH
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM
haha that's funny, buddy and I use to shoot rabbits behind our places close to the North sask river back in Edmonton when we were kids.Damn jack rabbits are huge there like small kangaroo's.We used a .22 pellet gun.Shooting them with a sling shot right on!Wonder if the pitt lake area would be good?

huntwriter
01-16-2010, 12:39 AM
I have a story and a question. Living in the LML there aren't a lot of hunting oppertunities on a Wednesday night. So when my buddy discovered his little girl's schoolgrounds were loaded with rabbits I thought problem solved! We strolled over after dusk with a couple of slingshots and a 6 pack. It was great! We nailed a few each, drank our beers and wandered back to his place. We cleaned our rabbits (with the help of his lovley 5 year old daughter) and bingo, a damn good night and a little meat for the freezer. We've been doing this on and off for months. Well the other night we decided to partake in our Wednesday night outting and this time someone showed up with a gun... Now I must say the police officer was extremly understanding, and was nice enough to let us keep the rabbits and not give us a fine for open alcohol in public (which we didn't get cause we were packing out the empties when we got stopped). Apparently it's illegal to hunt on school grounds. We were then told we were to date, the wierdest tresspassing call the officer had ever got. Now my question, I kinda got used to the meat anyone know where I can get some rabbitts on the weekend? Maybe even with a .22?:mrgreen:

To funny. :mrgreen: Which reminds me. When I grew up in Switzerland we used to take our .22 and air rifles to school. In recess we helped to control the rabbit populations in the school yard. Nobody minded back then and mother was happy for every morsel of meat that came into the kitchen.

Today in that same schoolyard is a sign saying something to the effect that it is "Verboten" to trespass after school closes, play soccer, rollerskating or step on the lawn. Oh yes the school has now what is called a "Zero Tolerance Policy". Meaning you can't take a pocket knife, a nail clipper or screwdriver into the schoolhouse. I am sure that includes .22 and slingshots too. Times sure changed, I highly doubt it changed for the better though.

hunter1947
01-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Its amazing how fast these domestic rabbits can multiply in numbers so fast..

sawmill
01-16-2010, 08:06 AM
it's been pretty quiet from the waterskeeter camp lately. went from lighting it up with 930 posts.. to not much and 929 posts now.

Thay`s because every one pooped on him.

yamadirt 426
01-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Ive got some rabbits I have my eye on here in delta. Thats funny stuff. You won't hear anything negative from me about this.

Buckmeister
01-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Slingshots are cool.
This last hunting season, my son came with me and we saw this nice fat grouse. He uses marbles for his sling shot for ammo. He shot the bird and wounded it and also gave it a broken wing. Since it couldn't fly away, I stepped in and clubed it with a stick, no movement. We stuffed it in a bag and threw it behind the seat of the truck. We got to the bottom of the hill and I decided to field dress it. Took the bag out of the truck and it's starts moving. Turns out I had knocked it out cold when I hit it with the stick. I had an axe in the truck so I finished the job like you would a chicken.
For ammo, I would suggest a ball bearing that is smaller than a marble, but just as heavy if not heavier.

MuleyStalker
01-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Haha gave me a good laugh! What school was that?

Dually Guy
01-16-2010, 09:26 PM
If you listen ever so closely you can hear that banjo music coming out of the Ridge. Huntgirl... I think that gene pool needs a little chlorine!:wink:

you can almost see the canoe coming down the RIVER:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

brenden
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Knew some guys enrolled in the CONSERVATION ENFORCEMENT program in Lethbridge AB who would regularily do night-time missions with a minivan and compound bow around the grounds of the college. Their stories were hysterical. They ate the rabbits and nobody missed them... there was hundreds of them. One of them is a CO in B.C., the other in Manitoba. Couple of innovative dudes getting by on a student budgets.....

Brenden

riflebuilder
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Hmmmm hunting after sunset hope they are leinent if they come across the same.

brenden
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't forget within city limits...

alecvg
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Okay, that is hilarious! Man, I live in the middle of town, if I hunted in my yard, I could shoot some mallards sitting back there right now, as well as some squirrels, we also have coons, possums, and have had mountain lion, a coyote, and a little spike blacktail! We also have trout, salmon, steel head, and crayfish, and freshwater muscles! We can't fish for the salmon though. Sometimes I go to the golf course and fish for bass!

TheDuckinator
01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow, its guys like you that make me proud to say I live in Pitt Meadows. Way to go lol

moosinaround
01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
So other than drinking in a public place, I see no problem with this. Moosin

115 or bust
01-22-2010, 08:25 PM
You guys make fun you have any Idea how hard it is to bag a rabbit with a slingshot :-O I am in awe lol something similar may have happened on the Highland school fields in comox I wouldn't know anything about it though.

la river
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
HAHAHA thats great! too bad ya got busted but I guess its the law, pretty damn funny though!! *****

Jimr
01-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Just use a dog, let him catch them and pretend like you didnt know he was chasing them?