PDA

View Full Version : bc hunting guides

antler chaser
01-15-2010, 03:37 AM
gday guys am after who you would recomend to go hunting with for moose or elk in bc :)

bridger
01-15-2010, 03:48 AM
riverjet adventures, steamboat mtn outfitters. riverjet is access to some great hunting by river boat. steamboat mtn is access to some great hunting by packstring. both good operations that cater to resident hunters at reasonable prices.

antler chaser
01-15-2010, 04:22 AM
thanks for info bridger but im not a bc resident i am australian

silvicon
01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
it all depends on how much you want to spend and how big the moose should be.

hunter1947
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
If Me I would be going with a hunting parter on hunts ,nothing better then exploring an area for your selfs thats how you learn different areas ,regions http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

bridger
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
thanks for info bridger but im not a bc resident i am australian

If you are looking for a hunt where you will see lots of animals then i would suggest an outfitter in area 7b. several good quality outfitters offer moose and elk combo's. If you are after boone and crockett heads you should consider an outfitter that hunts in the turnagin and keckika river drainages. the elk there were transplanted and have larger antlers, but the sucess rate there on elk doesn't match other parts of 7b the area has large moose as well. outfitters that hunt the muskwa, tuchodi, gatho, and toad river drainages offer great moose and elk hunting as well, the elk are not quite as big but there are lots of them and the sucess rate is high. getting a boone and crockett calibre elk in bc is tough, but for having a great hunt with lots of animals and top quality outfitters you will find that hunt in 7b.

mfarrally
01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
If your looking for some big moose get ahold of Allan Larson at Indian River Ranch Outfitters. I was there this past september. We shot two moose over 50 inches, one going record book.

luckynuts
01-15-2010, 02:25 PM
If your looking for some big moose get ahold of Allan Larson at Indian River Ranch Outfitters. I was there this past september. We shot two moose over 50 inches, one going record book.

you can shoot 50" moose just outside of FSJ:-D. Actually the moose where hit fairly hard up in the toad area a lot of big bulls were trapped in the passes and didn't make it out winter of 08. Have heard this from a couple of outfitters/guides from toad river and bc safaris. Said a lot of big bulls weren't around this past fall. Though this winter is shaping up to be a good one for them. Scoop lk outfitters have taken some great bulls though not sure what it's like now. Good luck and enjoy BC best place on Earth IMO!!!:mrgreen:

proguide66
01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Here's some Canada moose from Stone Mountain Safaris......no shortage of bulls last yr :wink:.....honestly , its tough to find a bull that DOESNT go 50" in that country.
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/hunting09025.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/hunting09007.jpg

There's HUGE grizzlys in the north east of BC as well....but the elk arent like what you see down south...BIG one for us is around 320 to 340"...

antler chaser
01-15-2010, 06:21 PM
thanks for info guys and safarichris have more kangaroos than you can poke a stick at where i live !! has anyone got any info on this outfitter
http://www.lovebroslee.com/ ??

GoatGuy
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Thought you were looking for elk and moose?

mfarrally
01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=luckynuts;605428]you can shoot 50" moose just outside of FSJ:-D.

??? Really how many times have you shot one? that went record book outside FSJ?
Point being, it is a good place to get a big moose, we shot it on our first day hunting. I have a feeling there's a couple more around in region 6

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac270/mfarrally/8832_140536293556_506398556_2671509.jpg

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
ive shot 4 50 + moose in the last 4 years of hunting moose up here
but no book ones yet

yukon john
01-15-2010, 06:49 PM
When it comes to moose width is like bra size it doesnt tell you anything about the rest of it theres lots of 50'' moose that dont make book

mfarrally
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
ya i think my point was that 50+ inches is nothing to shake your nose at. And it takes more that just width to score well

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks for info guys and safarichris have more kangaroos than you can poke a stick at where i live !! has anyone got any info on this outfitter
http://www.lovebroslee.com/ ??

looks like they get some hog animals

mfarrally
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
When it comes to moose width is like bra size it doesnt tell you anything about the rest of it theres lots of 50'' moose that dont make book

there ya go

antler chaser
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
either elk or moose goatguy and thanks to those who sent me some pm on outfitters thankyou :)

bigben
01-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Jim Schockey has a great moose area if your going to be guided also Nahanni outfitters with Bart Lancaster has good moose area to in the yukon good luck

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
i heard lancaster sold nahanni to the gov

Moose Guide
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
for the price, Klinaklini Guide And Outfit is hard to beat, but the moose arn't huge, expect a bull between 40 and 50 inches and the success rate on rifle hunts is 100% so far(about 14 years):mrgreen:

GoatGuy
01-15-2010, 07:55 PM
either elk or moose goatguy and thanks to those who sent me some pm on outfitters thankyou :)

How big????

What kind of a hunt are you looking to do and how much do you want to spend?

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Yes, with so many pee'd off at GOABC lobbying efforts they still offer up free advertising for them...hunters helping hunters no pay necessary. Good on you guys!!!

Whisky Creek
02-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Antler Chaser,

Re: Your question about Love Bros and Lee. It is owned and operated by Ron Fleming and his wife Brenda Nelson. Their daughter and son in-law are also heavily involved. They are really great people, have a good area and after the hunt, in the evening, Ron will keep you thoroughly entertained telling stories around the campfire! He's pretty fun to listen to and has been in the business a long time, hence some great stories!
You wouldn't go wrong booking a moose hunt with them.
CLINT

Big Lew
02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
riverjet adventures, steamboat mtn outfitters. riverjet is access to some great hunting by river boat. steamboat mtn is access to some great hunting by packstring. both good operations that cater to resident hunters at reasonable prices.
"bridger" you mention steamboat mtn. outfitters. Tetsa outfitters is west of them, I believe. How is their area, and success rate, especially after Cliff Andrews rode up his "last mountain", leaving it to his son. As I posted quite awhile back, I stopped in at their lodge while riding my bicycle down the Alaskan hwy. when Cliff was still with us, and both he and his wife treated me extremely well, even though they were not open at the time. I'm considering hiring a packing outfit, and would approach them if the success rate was high for archery.(don't need a trophy) Thanks for anything you might suggest.

porcupine
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Barry Tompkins of High & wild (Big Nine). First class operation, AND friendly to residents.

http://www.bignine.com/

boxhitch
02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
mention steamboat mtn. outfitters. Tetsa outfitters is west of them, I believe.I think both of these guys travel to where they have access, don't they ? Do true transporters have restrictions on where they can service clients?