PDA

View Full Version : sheep harvest 7b last 17 years

bridger
01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I pulled these stats out of the archives just for general info you will notice that in most of this period resident harvest was artifically controlled by one in three or one in three no penalty for 8+rams. duriing this time outfitters have never completely filled their quotas

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN POST AN EXCEL SPREAD SHEET ON A THREAD. I HAVE TRIED BUT CAN'T GET IT TO WORK.

GoatGuy
01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Turn it into a PDF or send it my way.

GoatGuy
01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/HUNTING_BC_SHEEP_STATS_7B_93_TO_2010.jpg

CanuckShooter
01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Dumb question...1 in 3 no penalty...what's that mean? And does this mean that non-res would also be restricted by 1 in 3 or can they come back each year?

bridger
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Dumb question...1 in 3 no penalty...what's that mean? And does this mean that non-res would also be restricted by 1 in 3 or can they come back each year?

one in three means that if you harvest a ram eight yrs or older you can hunt the next year if not you have to miss two years. applies to non residents as well

CanuckShooter
01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
thanks.....is there compulsory inspection on 7b rams??

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Just wondering if the 1 in 3 rule was actually enforced for sheep or if it was like the 1 in 3 on mule deer in 7b?? You could shoot a mulie in 7b, cut your tag, and if you got home without getting stopped all you had to do was lie to the butcher and say you shot it in 7a....kind of stupid [and illegal] but you can bet it happened.

?????????

jml11
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
thanks.....is there compulsory inspection on 7b rams??

Just wondering if the 1 in 3 rule was actually enforced for sheep or if it was like the 1 in 3 on mule deer in 7b?? You could shoot a mulie in 7b, cut your tag, and if you got home without getting stopped all you had to do was lie to the butcher and say you shot it in 7a....kind of stupid [and illegal] but you can bet it happened.

All sheep in BC are compulsory inspection so in essence the 1 in 3 regs would be enforced if you brought in two sheep for inspection within that 3 year period. However, the 1 in 3 rule only meant from the same region, so you could go get one from Region 6 the next year after shooting one in region 7b and be ok! I suppose if you wanted to play with fire you could have shot one back to back in region 7B and say you shot the second one in Region 6, similarly to your example. But with all the eyes on you in the sheep mountains (even though you might not know it) and potential for road blocks on the way home, the risk isn't worth the reward in my opinion...

CanuckShooter
01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
All sheep in BC are compulsory inspection so in essence the 1 in 3 regs would be enforced if you brought in two sheep for inspection within that 3 year period. However, the 1 in 3 rule only meant from the same region, so you could go get one from Region 6 the next year after shooting one in region 7b and be ok! I suppose if you wanted to play with fire you could have shot one back to back in region 7B and say you shot the second one in Region 6, similarly to your example. But with all the eyes on you in the sheep mountains (even though you might not know it) and potential for road blocks on the way home, the risk isn't worth the reward in my opinion...

There is no reward in poaching IMO....just thought the mulie 3 in 1 one was stupid unless they changed 7B to Region 9.....there shouldn't be a 7A and 7B...end of problem...

jml11
01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
There is no reward in poaching IMO....just thought the mulie 3 in 1 one was stupid unless they changed 7B to Region 9.....there shouldn't be a 7A and 7B...end of problem...

Agreed, there is still problems with it, even without the 1 in 3 rule...I shot a mulie in 7A this year so I clipped the region 7 portion of my tag...but how does anyone know for sure if that deer came from 7A or 7B? I could have bought another tag and continued hunting in 7A saying I shot the first one in 7B...something definitely needs to change. I have seen some government reports with 7B listed as Region 9 but it hasn't been fully implemented. At the very least, they should create a 7A and 7B notch in the licence pages.

bridger
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
the one mule deer in two years in 7b was damned from the get go. looking back on the situation it was not a very pro active solution to our problem. it created a lot of poaching for sure.

BCrams
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
the one mule deer in two years in 7b was damned from the get go. looking back on the situation it was not a very pro active solution to our problem. it created a lot of poaching for sure.

You can say that again. I wrote a few letters to the CO's up there to institute the road block south of Chetwynd .... I heard it worked really well given the short time frame they did it. What I don't understand is, why people think they are above the rules or it doesn't matter. Unfortunatly there are folks out there like that and even otherwise good people one would think but it reflects on their integrity when they do something like that and folks who know them who don't say anything. Poaching is poaching.

I took a buck up there when they started it as a 1 in 3 and couldn't hunt muleys for 3 years up there even after they changed it to 1 in 2 the following fall. It was a real sore point with me regarding the management over that decision.