PDA

View Full Version : Morning duck shoot

BlacktailStalker
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Went out for ducks this a.m with my brother. I havent been in years, I forgot how fun it can be.
I also forgot how being patient improves your shot to kill ratio :lol: So I blew a few but ended up knocking 6 down and my brother, 4. We only had a box of assorted shells between us as it was a last minute decision last night so not bad.
My brother has been saving assorted ones to do a big pepperoni batch so I kept my mallards and gave him the others.
Hope to get out a couple more times before the season ends.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/BlacktailStalker/Jan132010004.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/BlacktailStalker/Jan132010005.jpg

d6dan
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Looks like it was a good morning Andy. Were you down on the dairy farm?

weatherby_man
01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Nice work! I went out last weekend for the first time in many years. It was awesome fun I too forgot how fun it is and also forgot about holding off until the last second. I blew a couple of nice incoming squadrons myself letting loose too soon!

field marshal
01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I can't believe anyone would quit duck shooting:confused:
Anyways it looks like you are back into it!!
Nice shoot fellas:-D
Cheers Field Marshal.

BlacktailStalker
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Field Marshall; a guy can only have so many hobbies and I always seem to have 3 too many !

Went out again this a.m and I shot 4, 2 hen mallards and a pair of ? :lol:
My brother struck out ! A bit slower today, not to mention a few wingnuts half a field over shooting at all the high flyers which often spooked some that were flared coming to our set that never quite made it in range.

Found a dead drake mallard in the pool we set up in this a.m, must have been wounded last night.
Guys are sure making a mess in some neighboring fields, its disgusting. I hauled out over 200 shells today and some garbage.

I need to make a portable blind system I think, I have a good idea that I will post if it works well. Right now we're hunting flooded fields so you're forced to set up in certain locations due to lack of cover.

303Brit
01-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Well Andy if you ever want some company shoot me a PM, I was gunna go down the other morning but the Boss lady had her exam. I stopped by lastnite and there was already 5 trucks there, so I went home.

Thinking about tomorrow morning since its raining pretty good right now.

field marshal
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Blacktail stalker;
There's always going to be a few arseholes around to give the good guys a bad name:cry: I also try to do a little cleanup after the slobs have been in the public areas creating havoc. I won't hesitate to turn in polluters.
Keep up the good shooting:-D.
Cheers, Field Marshal.

BiG Boar
01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
It sure is fun! I have 5 under the belt this year. Looking for some more soon. I too forgot how much fun it is!

BlacktailStalker
01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
303 not sure when I'll go next but I'll keep ya in mind, my brother is likely moving away soon so I've just been getting out when he wants to.

Dirty
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice!, I am going this weekend. Hopefully it is more eventful than last, come on shitty weather.:mrgreen: