PDA

View Full Version : Any 7-20a Late Elk leh reports?

xtremearchery
01-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I am going up for my draw in Feb with 2 buddies which also have the draw. Haven't heard of any success stories yet.... From what i have heard from a couple locals, the hunting should be good. Looking forward in going! Nice way to top off the freezer.

Jonny outdoors
01-16-2010, 09:44 PM
We have had this draw a few time over the last couple of years never has been hard to fill tags. One year we went up north of hudsons hope and seen six bulls, still with antlers. Three of the bulls where six points this was the last week of jan.

good luck

MuleyMadness
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
We got back about a week ago and were successful, but not on all our tags. It might have been a better hunt but the weather turned very warm (above 0 and melting snow) so the elk were staying holed up in the thick brush and weren't coming out for any reason, as they weren't needing to feed and move constantly like they were when we first got up there and it was -30...like anything else it's a doable hunt for sure, but timing is obviously important, and it really helps to have lots of snow and cold weather. As far as topping off the freezer...you might as well put it on the top, cause it's gonna be the first meat you want to pull out anyways, so you might as well have good access ;)